It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISS Cam: UFO making 90 degrees turn and shoots back up in Space

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanka418

originally posted by: jericanman
hoax fottage or not who can tell... i guess no one

There is no hoax here...that is real footage of the "SpinSat" satellite being launched by ISS.

I think you got something there. SpinSat was deployed from the ISS Nov 28th.

A spherical U.S. Navy spacecraft the size of a beach ball spring-ejected from a new satellite deployer outside the International Space Station last week, debuting a fresh way for low-budget space missions to reach orbit.

The satellite — named SpinSat and developed by the Naval Research Laboratory — will test out new electrically-controlled micro-thrusters, help refine the military’s ability to track objects in space, and acquire data on the density of the tenuous upper layers of Earth’s atmosphere.
spaceflightnow.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
hmmmm this video was so good it brought me back

I find amazing that the ISS is in motion so this object is at a certain distance and wanted to show what it is capable of. Happening by chance is very unlikely,

The only thing laying this to rest, is to proof ain't coming from official sources. What officials said in regards? , thrusters from the ISS pushing?

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: DenyObfuscation

originally posted by: jericanman
hoax fottage or not who can tell... i guess no one

There is no hoax here...that is real footage of the "SpinSat" satellite being launched by ISS.

I think you got something there. SpinSat was deployed from the ISS Nov 28th.

A spherical U.S. Navy spacecraft the size of a beach ball spring-ejected from a new satellite deployer outside the International Space Station last week, debuting a fresh way for low-budget space missions to reach orbit.

The satellite — named SpinSat and developed by the Naval Research Laboratory — will test out new electrically-controlled micro-thrusters, help refine the military’s ability to track objects in space, and acquire data on the density of the tenuous upper layers of Earth’s atmosphere.
spaceflightnow.com...

lol already..i accept this as an answer

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
is it deployed this way?

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: heineken

I read somewhere it uses the JAXA robotic arm so that looks about right to me.

Bit of a letdown near the end of the vid as I was hoping for a 'Bugs Bunny wind-up' to launch.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: DenyObfuscation
a reply to: heineken

I read somewhere it uses the JAXA robotic arm so that looks about right to me.

Bit of a letdown near the end of the vid as I was hoping for a 'Bugs Bunny wind-up' to launch.

loool yes the release was a letdown for me too XD

edit:
Also the simulation appears to be running at good speed (robotic arms) if not slightly quicker than in real time..so the release must be this slow...or better..slower

what do you think?
edit on 13-12-2014 by heineken because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg

originally posted by: Jelonek
...We have LOTS of footage of weird objects in orbit or space.

Since it's a weird new place, why shouldn't ordinary things look weird? Judging them by earthside processes is a recipe for self-imposed confusion.

Really? Physics changes when you're off-world? And here I thought it was all the same...

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: heineken
is it deployed this way?

Cool...just about what I thought.

When the object (SpinSat) takes off vertical is when it was being controlled, and laced into it's final orbit.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Since it's a weird new place, why shouldn't ordinary things look weird? Judging them by earthside processes is a recipe for self-imposed confusion.

Really? Physics changes when you're off-world? And here I thought it was all the same...

Most people do, which is why so many are flummoxed by 'space UFO videos'.

Biggest difference is in interpreting illumination, since even with a dark earth and black sky in the field of view, the sun can also be 'out'. And in such situations, the spacecraft is projecting an invisible shadow out into the field of view and when little stuff drifts out of the shadow into sunlight, it becomes illuminated and visible -- and LOOKS like it materialized from nowhere.

Sound familiar?

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Most people do, which is why so many are flummoxed by 'space UFO videos'.

Biggest difference is in interpreting illumination, since even with a dark earth and black sky in the field of view, the sun can also be 'out'. And in such situations, the spacecraft is projecting an invisible shadow out into the field of view and when little stuff drifts out of the shadow into sunlight, it becomes illuminated and visible -- and LOOKS like it materialized from nowhere.

Sound familiar?

No...

Perhaps it is because I'm an engineer, perhaps because I paid attention in physics, or generally while in college, but, I have never experienced what you referring to. And, you're not referring to the physics / mechanics of what is observed either, yet you seemed to imply that somehow the physics did change, when of course it cannot.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   

No...

Perhaps it is because I'm an engineer, perhaps because I paid attention in physics, or generally while in college, but, I have never experienced what you referring to. And, you're not referring to the physics / mechanics of what is observed either, yet you seemed to imply that somehow the physics did change, when of course it cannot.

Are we fussing over a misreading of my comment?

The processes that I suggested needed changing were visual interpretation algorithms in our brains.

I don't think I ever said the physics changed, although clearly the motion of nearby objects is subject to a whole new set of physical laws.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Perhaps it is because I'm an engineer, perhaps because I paid attention in physics, or generally while in college, but, I have never experienced what you referring to. ....

The only people who have experienced the visual effects of observing from outside the atmosphere are a few hundred people and, indirectly, maybe a thousand or two Mission Control operators. Major features of their perceptual changes were unexpected.

And millions of earthsiders who try to 'read' these videos as if they were occurring under influence of familiar perceptual habits wind up massively misinterpreting them.

I'm trying to bridge that experience gap. Please help me.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

Nowhere in my post I have said that all of this is extraterrestial in origin or doesnt have a natural explanation.
But I do think that some of these objects are unexplained and might be under intelligent control.

I don't care about or are versed in about advanced astronomy and speak only as a bystander with basic knowledge about astronomical phenomena. Having that said, there's no need to patronize or be rude. As to my "knee-jerk sneers" at NASA, I have my own opinion about that agency and please respect it if you want me to respect yours.

Thank you in advance.
edit on 14-12-2014 by Jelonek because:

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   
space flys

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

No...

Are we fussing over a misreading of my comment?

The processes that I suggested needed changing were visual interpretation algorithms in our brains.

I don't think I ever said the physics changed, although clearly the motion of nearby objects is subject to a whole new set of physical laws.

"subject to a whole new set of physical law." Other than regular Newtonian, and relativistic physics? Just like we use every where else in the Universe? They do seem to have some sort of "Universal" application.

I don't think there's anything wrong with most folks visual perception, even when it applies to the strange, or space borne. True many visual events are made considerable more "strange" due to the lack of diffusion, but I think that once properly explained, most won't have any serious issue.

But, saying that objects conform to a "whole new set of physical law" is absolutely not true. The reality is that the very same physical laws apply equally here on the Earth, as they do 250 miles away, or even 2.5 million light-years...It's all the same physics.

Now then; can peoples perceptions of these events b skewed? Of course! Many times when I see something that I can't properly "relate" to, something seriously outside my visual experience; I actually "see" nothing; once what I'm supposed to be seeing is "pointed out", then it begins to make some sense; even IF I ultimately disagree with "what" is being "seen".

There was a stated notion that the "right angle" turn made by SpinSat was not the satellite, but rather ISS by virtue of one of its "thrusters". And this is the kind of perception you should be trying to educate upon. I'm sure you know, but others probably not so much; that IF ISS thrusters caused that kind of movement in ISS, there would likely be physical damage to both the station and the people inside...that turn represented significant torque and g-forces. And of course because of this, that maneuver was made by the satellite...

I'm trying to bridge that experience gap. Please help me.

Officially I have never left Earth. So; officially I have the very same experience as everybody else. And I'm just some old semi-retired software engineer. But, what I will help do is support real scientific thought and analysis on events like this that catch my eye...

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   
this was an interesting post

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join