It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISS Cam: UFO making 90 degrees turn and shoots back up in Space

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+30 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   

ISS Live Stream captured a flashing light on November 29, 2014.

The Unidentified Flying Object appears near/below the International Space Station and follows its path at a normal speed.

Suddenly the object makes a 90 degrees turn and shoots back up in space at high rate of speed without slowing down.

UFO appears at around 00.12 seconds.

Sorry but I don't think I can embed a Ustream video onto ATS, so you'll have to watch it where I watched it HERE.

Here is a link to the original ISS Live Stream

A pulsating light comes into the picture at 00.12 going from the right of the screen, coming into the left, but it then makes a 90% turn and shoots off at a faster rate of speed?

Can it be ice? space junk? or something else?

I simply don't know.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   
ok i am intrigued, but the way that thing just suddenly gets the hell out of there feels too off...it follows this predictable, basic path and then...it almost feel like there is some kind of footage cut or something when it "runs away"
i am no expert of video manipulation so i rather leave that to people here that know more, but when it makes a run for it, it feels like the footage actually changes, if you know what i mean.
Hey maybe it was just someone with a REALLY good laser pointer

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: skyblueworld

I'm sure it will be easily explained as "space dust" on the camera lens. Nothing to see... go back to sleep...

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   
To be honest, it looks too good to be true!

Are these videos really fed straight from the ISS? And if they are, can they be manipulated?

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I look forward to seeing the way people try and debunk this one!

Some say that it is the 90 degree shift that allows them to go in between dimensions!

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agartha

Are these videos really fed straight from the ISS? And if they are, can they be manipulated?

Good question. Did anyone see this happening "live" during the initial stream?
i mean who would watch that? unless you REALLY have trouble sleeping...

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Would be interesting to know if the attitude thrusters were fired at the same time that thing took off. Could have been an ice crystal off the station.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agartha

Maybe,but I just don't see how they could do that??
Here is the link again to the uploaders Ustream account HERE, it doesn't look like the person regularly posts UFO videos either.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   

After the ufo shoots upwards, keep watching the right hand top corner, and at about 25 seconds mark you'll see it return, it zooms diagonally from left to right.

Good catch OP. S&F.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   
did anyone notice it shooting back from up towards the southeast right upper corner near the solar panel ?

and also at the beginning of the clip another one shooting from below towards the northwest

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   

The experiment is run by NASA High School students with ground controllers which upload the videos onto Ustream. I'm not sure if this means videos can be manipulated or not, as I am not very techy.

Here is the NASA link that talks about the experiment: www.nasa.gov...

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   

That is an interesting piece of footage good find

Although I think the thruster firing on the module top right my be significant to what the object may be.

edit on 10-12-2014 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Looks a lot like an Alien craft zipping around.

Legit or not, that's what it looks like.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
Would be interesting to know if the attitude thrusters were fired at the same time that thing took off. Could have been an ice crystal off the station.

That was my question too: Is it possible that the station's attitude thrusters were firing, and debris got caught in the thrust?

The stations thrusters (or the thruster of a docked Soyuz) are used to help maintain its orbit, or occasionally adjust its orbit. However, the attitude of the station is also frequently rotated to maximize solar power production and minimize solar heat gain. While Control Momentum Gyros, or CMGs, are often used to change the attitude of the station without the use of thrusters, the station's attitude control thrusters are also used to perform rotations.

By the way, the force of the thrust can be virtually invisible when it is away from the thrust nozzle.

edit on 12/10/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr
Really? And you know what an alien craft looks like I suppose.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Or a Friendship firing thrusters as it docked with the ISS.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

That's a common feature of shuttle videos, but much more rare on the space station since it uses momentum wheels for normal attitude control.

Also, since the station recycles water for life support, it is a much more restrained dumper of waste water than shuttles were.

As always, it's important to note and report such anomalies because of the possibility of vehicle malfunction -- for example, external coolant leaks are MUCH more common on the station than they were on shuttles.

And of course, it always can be something else, once the prosaic possibilities are eliminated.

Check the records about what dynamic events involving thrusters might have been happening on that date and time.

Thanks for watching and reporting. It's possible you could spot something that NASA has no eyes out for, they concentrate on other sensors, but just relying on roving eyeballs always contributes new information.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
ERm, the camera is fixed to the space station. Which means anything not fixed can "appear" to move due to two reason :
A. It moved!
B. The space station and camera moved.

Without anything else to act as a frame of reference you cannot say which it is.

One thing I would add, I always do, UFO's are UFO's when they are white dots 1 or 2 pixels in size. Where are the UFO's that are several hundred pixels in size and thus allow us to identify it's shape........oops it's not a UFO then is it !

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
What is the mark on the video?

12 seconds to 25 seconds? Because when I watch the clip it claims there is a loss of transmission between that time?

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Here's the scoop: blogs.nasa.gov...

And here may be the explanaition: www.southgatearc.org...

They claim lasers were fired at the satellite in the second link, during positioning.

I believe that is the lights we see and why they change angles so quick, because the lasers were fired from Earth and redirected...at various postions, by the satellite.

edit on 10-12-2014 by Boscov because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join