It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Francis - "All Animals Go To Heaven"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 05:20 AM
link   
This is being reported in the tabloid media, however I can not find it in any Catholic publication. Usually the Vatican Insider or the news from Rome will report what the popes schedule is and what is said at each appearance. They have nothing. This is coming from 'The Inquisitr' so I don't know if it's accurate.

'All animals go to heaven" - This is actually against Catholic teaching and Pope Francis, if he actually stated it, has stated in public a theology that is in contrast to church teaching as well as pronouncements from previous popes.

Pope Francis - All Animals Go To Heaven

Pope Francis has declared that all animals go to heaven during his weekly audience in St. Peter’s Square.

The Pope made these remarks after he received two donkeys as early Christmas presents. During his discussion, Pope Francis quoted the apostle Paul as he comforted a child who was mourning the death of his dog.

Francis quoted Paul’s remarks as, “One day we will see our animals again in eternity of Christ. Paradise is open to all God’s creatures.”

So the discussion -

Can all creatures go to heaven? And if the pope actually said it, what does that mean for the Catholic church? Or do you think the pope was just being nice to a child who lost a pet and the tabloids are blowing it up? I'm thinking the last one - that he was just comforting a young person who had lost a pet. But what are your thoughts on 'all creatures' in heaven? And if all creatures go to heaven, does that mean that when you reach the afterlife you'll be confronted by hundreds of beef-steers and thousands of chickens all looking at you with evil eyes because you ate them here on earth??
(that's tongue in cheek but you get the idea).

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Even the ones that maul and kill people?

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 05:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent

If they accept Christ at the last moment, then yes, even the ones that maul and kill.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Here's my biggest problem with the idea of heaven. How is heaven segregated?

I firmly believe that there is other life out there in the universe. If that is true then did Jesus incarnate and put on a show for each inhabited planet? And does each planet have its own heaven, or do we all go to one big shared heaven?

And if it is a shared heaven, aren't we all gonna be greeted not by grandma and grandpa, but by creatures from all over the universe and their pets?

The more I think about religion the more it falls apart.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 05:50 AM
link   
This pope will say anything to get attention, the media whor....best I dont say that I think.

Animals go to heaven?
Thats going to get him a lot of love from followers and atheists alike.

When is he actually going to do something other than talk?

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron

I firmly believe that there is other life out there in the universe. If that is true then did Jesus incarnate and put on a show for each inhabited planet? And does each planet have its own heaven, or do we all go to one big shared heaven?

And if it is a shared heaven, aren't we all gonna be greeted not by grandma and grandpa, but by creatures from all over the universe and their pets?

Maybe humans are pets on a different planet. And if there is an infinite universe is there millions of each and everyone of us already dead ? ( brain explodes )

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Maybe you don't need to eat anything in heaven, but seriously, what would heaven be like if you couldn't enjoy a good meal?

Naturally they will need some animals up there to fill the menu.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

Paradise as sold by religion is a man's flawed thinking as you have aptly pointed out. Its by brainwishing us as children they have taught such ridiculous concepts which are only today, 2000 years later we are starting to think about and analyse. My spannish friends are going to have one hell of a time with animals have no souls so don't matter now that the pope has told them different and some of their nation will be facing their victim animals in heaven, possibly hissing sid and a couple of bulls in your bed Oh dear! the day in heaven of reckoning perhaps god would consider it poetic justice?

I suspect the pope is having to dance a sweet little dance to rectify much of what catholicism has been getting away with selling its followers. Instead of dogma perhaps they should have concentrated on the good of the parables christ supposedly taught eg the good samaritan, one of the best for the world to love and remember.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Genetically, all mammals like dogs and cats have genes with the same functions as ours, have the same brain structure layout, the same brain chemistry, can dream, have feelings of depression, excitement as humans (I've worked at an animal sanctuary and have seen this). Most of their behavior is down to instinct, not conscious decision making, so if there were any moral judgement to take place in heaven, that would have to be taken into account.

i always thought heaven would be a collective memory video archive contributed and shared by millions of people or critters. So each would have their own memory heaven. For humans it would be landscapes, concerts, battles and families. For chickens it would be nests, coops and lawns.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   
The Inquisitr itself links to the Daily Express as its source.
The Daily Express is a British Tabloid newspaper, right-wing in politics (arguably slightly more right-wing than the Daily Mail).
So the story is MSM, but the journalism might be a little slapdash.

The alleged quotation from Paul is not something which Paul ever said,so someone has been paraphrasing outrageously.

edit on 10-12-2014 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   
soooo
all dogs go to heaven?

I kinda like this new pope, he seems to be keeping it real, so to speak, seems like the wants to actually educate people on what the bible says and not just be all closed up about it.
Maybe he will mark the beginning of a new era, when popes and the like will just straight up admit "looks guys, we really don't know more than you or anyone else, this is all hypothetical at best"

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron

Obviously someone hasnt watched bill and teds bogus journey! No segregation, only acceptance!

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
going strictly on what is written.
Man is given equal care at creation from all the other animals, meaning there is no real greatness of mankind outside of being the caretakers of the planet..no moment where god gave man a soul exclusively.

As far as going to heaven, well, all things were heavenbound..mankind however screwed up (ate from the tree of knowledge) and now is required to do all sorts of works and accept Christ and all that to be allowed back in heaven at death. other animals and stuff have not done this, therefore none of that stuff is required.

So, bible is backing the pope..all dogs do indeed go to heaven...unless there is a passage I am missing explaining how this is in error.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

They eat exotic fruits that give wisdom and drink fire in Heaven.. Much better than enjoying a good meal

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

His quote isn't even in the Bible so I don't know what texts he's reading.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Who would want to goto heaven if their past pets are not there?.
Be a bit dull woth just humans there.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Sorry about that....couldn't help myself.

Have mercy on my soul.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

You guys are putting such a man made idea of Heaven forth. Heaven isn't some picturesque mansion in literal clouds. Heaven is made of fire, it's ceilings are nebulae. There aren't pets, there are flying serpents and inhabitants don't eat meals they feast upon fire. In God's garden there are all the things you imagine Heaven to be like, but God's garden is on Earth.

Real Heaven

Another

Again, real.

Man's idea of Heaven

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent

What do you mean the politician's?.

Seriously though I think that previous doctrine denying animal's have sould is totally wrong, but do they go to the same heaven?.

Politicians are perhap's somewhere below rabbid dog's and poisonous snakes on the spiritual pecking order though, maybe a little behing slug's too.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Since I'm not Catholic,I have to ask,if the Catholic church doesn't believe that animals go to heaven,then why do they have blessing ceremonies where the priests bless all the people's animals? I believe that I will see my little loved ones again. God created them,they were in the garden of eden,and in heaven you supposedly have those things that you love around you,so why would they not be there?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join