It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thank you Mr. CIA and all those who support your torture cutout B.S.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Thanks to the recent revaluations of torture and just down right psychopath abuse of prisoners by certain members of our CIA and other agencies, the Embassies are putting out a warning to everyone overseas ... Good idea IMO because it does not take a brain surgeon to figure out there are those who will want payback... Probably video taped... Just for show you know !

Security Message for U.S. Citizens:

Release of U.S. Senate Select Committee on Intelligence’s report on the CIA’s Rendition, Detention and Interrogation Program

U.S. citizens in Thailand should be aware that release of declassified versions of the executive summary, findings, and conclusions of the U.S. Senate Select Committee on Intelligence’s report of the CIA’s Rendition, Detention and Interrogation program could prompt anti-U.S. protests and violence against U.S. interests, including private U.S. citizens. U.S. citizens should pay attention to their surroundings and take appropriate safety precautions, including avoiding demonstrations or confrontational situations.

We strongly recommend that U.S. citizens traveling to or residing in Thailand enroll in the Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) at www.Travel.State.Gov. STEP enrollment gives you the latest security updates, and makes it easier for the U.S. embassy or nearest U.S. consulate to contact you in an emergency. If you don’t have Internet access, enroll directly with the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate.

Regularly monitor the State Department's website, where you can find current Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and the Worldwide Caution. Read the Country Specific Information for Thailand. For additional information, refer to “A Safe Trip Abroad” on the State Department’s website.

Contact the U.S. embassy or consulate for up-to-date information on travel restrictions. You can also call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries. These numbers are available from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays). Follow us on Twitter and Facebook, and download our free Smart Traveler iPhone App to have travel information at your fingertips.

The American Citizen Services Unit of the U.S. Embassy (bangkok.usemb...ov...) is located at 95 Wireless Road in Bangkok, and can be reached by calling 66-2-205-4049, or by e-mailing [email protected]. The Embassy’s after-hours emergency telephone number is 66-2-205-4000.

The U.S. Consulate General in Chiang Mai (chiangmai.usc...ov...) is located at 387 Wichayanond Road in Chiang Mai. The American Citizen Services Unit of the Consulate General can be reached by calling 66-53-107-777 and by e-mail at [email protected]. The after-hours emergency telephone number is 66-81-881-1878.

newsletter.thaivisa.com...
bangkok.usembassy.gov...

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Lmao .. more like uncle scam doesnt want to lose any taxpayers .. takes alot to pay for C(aught) I(n the) A(cts) rendition .. erm .. holiday for foriegn nationals program .. and it would cut into their drug running profits if uncle scam loses a few tax payers ...

Uncle Scam never has sent me any of those notices .. instead get them asking me to do uncle scam favours at which point I laugh and tell them to piss off .. stick to my japanese passport far safer and hell of a lot less hassle when travel ..
edit on 10/12/14 by Expat888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 05:35 AM
link   
When there is evidence that you've taken part in acts like bombing public places or other such activities, you forfeit your right as a human being as far as I'm concerned.

Do any of you think the hostages that AQ or ISIS had were treated better? As far as I know, no one died from these interrogations, and it got us the info we needed.

Guess the alternative would have been to play Brittany Spears, and wave a pork sandwich around in front of them.

Hate it or me all you wish, but it doesn't change the results.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: IntroduceALittleIrony

Yes, someone did die at the hands of the CIA interrogators. And if you do your homework you will see the info gleaned from the program was pretty much bogus.

Torture is something the US is not supposed to do. Period. No if's, no and's, no but's. It's supposed to be off the table, out of bounds, no matter what our enemies do.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

What gets me is 9/11 was an inside job, so, what was the point in all the torture?
The US freely admits almost nothing useful was gleaned.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   

plain to see you haven't read any of the report.

Guess the alternative would have been to play Brittany Spears, and wave a pork sandwich around in front of them.

i don't know how that would effect a jihad terrorist, but it would drive me bat sh@@ crazy. i can't stand her music, and i love a pork samwich.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Anyone really concerned around the world is probably laughing....."they call this torture?" sort of thing.

Waterboarding is like baby cant have its toy right now, time out sort of stuff.

Hay beats the heck out of jumping to your death or burning alive sort of dilemma.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   
So the CIA gets to employ psychopaths and perverts who, in civilian life would probably be behind bars for acting out their sick fantasies of inflicting pain on others. How wonderful!
The myth of intel provided under such torture has of course been a staple of Hollywood, and it's embedded government / military advisers, to make the sheeple think it's all above board and necessary. In reality, when pressed, they even admit that no useful intel was provided and no plots foiled, as they like to keep telling us.
So, they lie to cover up their brutality and pointless practices and, if it doesn't produce the goods, then we must assume that the only reason it was continued is that those carrying out the torture enjoy it.

I am reminded of the case of the guy who killed Lee Rigby in London. Allegedly, he was picked up in Kenya (I think) and under the guidance of MI5 was held and tortured, to try and make him an informant. Remember the friend of his who was interviewed live on BBC, and came out with all this, then immediately arrested as soon as he was off camera?
In all likelihood, had he NOT been picked up and tortured, maybe Lee Rigby would still be alive today, instead of dead at the hands of someone out looking for payback for the torture inflicted on him by the government.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   

So, you become a monster to destroy monsters? Now you're the monster....how did you destroy any monsters?

And no....torture doesn't "get us the info we need". Anyone will say anything if the torture is effective enough. They will even admit to things they never did. That is a FACT that cannot be disputed. It's completely ineffective.

When we allow ourselves to become what we seek to destroy, we have done nothing but shoot ourselves in the foot.

(Sad to see how much support for these methods there are....even amongst the membership here. Kind of disturbing, if you really think about it.) < It's why I keep my guns tucked close, at ALL times!

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

Waterboarding is what they want the public focused on. It takes the focus off the MUCH more heinous stuff that they won't release or will bury with discussions about waterboarding and sleep deprivation/sensory deprivation......That's just the start and it is far worse than that.

If you (or anyone else) thinks waterboarding is the extent of the torture taking place, you are sadly mistaken or haven't dove deep enough into this repugnant rabbit hole.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   
FFS people. Notice how every moron in here condoning the CIA's actions has each in their own way admitted to not even looking at the report? Just a one liner and stamp of approval.

Water boarding? How about forced rectal feeding? How about locking you in a small box for days on end filled with insects? How about telling somebody youre going to rape their mother and children??

The # in that report is depraved just as much as anybody approving it is. It doesnt even look like a intellectual 'method!' Looks like a bunch of random crap some psychopath dreamed up in about an hour.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I think Torture is just a method of Dominance over someone for the Torturers to gain an overpowerment over someone else.

People who torture people to get information are sick and depraved and just feeding their own fantasies. There are better, less painful and less time consuming ways to get information. Hypnosis and Mind Altering Drugs will get the information if there is any.

But initiates of the CIA's Father of MKUltra Joseph Mengele the Nazi Paedophile seem to not want to go the easy way for information extraction.

The CIA has been called many things in the past like Criminals In Action and the Cocaine Import Agency but not all of the CIA are criminals. Just as well I suppose. A bit like the FBI when in the case of a certain witness in the Oklahoma City Bombing assassination the FBI were accused of committing the assassination! And more than likely did it given the evidence!

There is no need to torture people! Waterboarding, Sleep Deprivation, Beatings, Electrocution and all that are for Monsters that like doing that kind of thing. Any person that is withholding information needs to be Psychotically analysed!

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype

Yeah, I noticed that.
As usual, people expressing opinions without the slightest bit of knowledge about what is really going on.

....can't be bothered with reading that report, just repeat some lines from the talking heads and everything will be alright.

.....back to sleep.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Britguy

Yea everybody knows when dealing with this sort holding hands and singing love songs is the way to go.

If any Al-Qaida are reading here they are all probably teared up and stuff.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
John MaCain is apologizing in front of a bunch of folks that basically patted the North Vietnamese on the back for doing much worse.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

Yeah...because everyone knows that anyone who opposes barbaric torture methods is, by default, a "bleeding heart liberal apologist" and wants to coddle with enemies who do indeed seek to destroy them.

Seriously?

You are over-simplifying and downplaying a repugnant method that is largely (if not completely) ineffective.....admittedly!

......you seem to have an agenda. It's transparent, btw.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: IntroduceALittleIrony
When there is evidence that you've taken part in acts like bombing public places or other such activities, you forfeit your right as a human being as far as I'm concerned.

Do any of you think the hostages that AQ or ISIS had were treated better? As far as I know, no one died from these interrogations, and it got us the info we needed.

Hate it or me all you wish, but it doesn't change the results.

Tell that too the 26 innocents the CIA accidentally rounded up by mistake.....

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

Anyone really concerned around the world is probably laughing....."they call this torture?" sort of thing.

Hay beats the heck out of jumping to your death or burning alive sort of dilemma.

Japanese were executed for water boarding Allied (Including American) POW

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Torture Doesn't Work , they all new and admitted that and yet they did it anyway....

Bush : "I have never ordered torture , I will never order torture , the values of this country are such that torture is not a part of our soul and our being"

I guess they must of asked Mr President if they could conduct tickley toes on the detainees then , either that or he's a LIAR.

President Bush "knew everything he needed to know, and wanted to know" about CIA interrogation, he said. "He knew the techniques... there was no effort on my part to keep it from him.
"He was fully informed."
www.bbc.co.uk...

edit on 11-12-2014 by gortex because: edit to add

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   

When there is evidence that you've taken part in acts like bombing public places or other such activities

I'm guessing that when Dick said "we knew he was an architect"...that's something you call evidence...right ?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join