It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

So. THAT Happend....

page: 1

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 03:38 AM
Or, a Dickensian kind of say.

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times".

Bloody Dickens.

I got a job. I didn't want to deliver pizzas but there's just not much out there for a guy like me who's bed has been made and someone pissed in it(probably me but oh well). Found a pizza place, not run by fools who think a biscotti is pizza or whatever. Took nearly thirty deliveries today and made $150. That was a weeks worth of deliveries at my last job.

On my last delivery of the day, I missed the entrance and had to turn around. As I was turning to go onto the street I needed, I somehow didn't see the oncoming SUV. Luckily, it hit the back end of the truck so it's not all bad. No one got injured, sort of. The lady said the other lady in the car had a nervous breakdown but I think that was incidental as the accident wasn't really that bad, considering.

Only a dumbass like myself would get into a wreck on the first day at a new job. I'm laughing at it all now as it's so ridiculous, but then life is pretty ridiculous most times.

So you all have the right to make as much fun of me as you want. I'm sure as hell in need of some humor(or is it humour?) even if it's at my expense.

(post by DEFCONWhite removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 04:59 AM
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

That's a good start to a new job.

Congratulations anyway, it can only get better from now on.

The lady said the other lady in the car had a nervous breakdown but I think that was incidental as the accident wasn't really that bad, considering.

I know it's wrong, but that really, really made me laugh. Keep an eye out of for SUVs tomorrow though, eh?

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 05:16 AM
Don't worry mate, you nearly got past'er.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 05:58 AM
a reply to: beansidhe

I'll never get that second chance at a first impression, eh?

And hey, if you can't laugh at life and the stupid crap that happens, then you can only cry. I'd rather laugh than cry over not killing anyone, including myself.

ETA: Holy crap, I know now why this happened. A couple of hours before I laughed at the Cam Newton car crash. Yep, karma is a bitch.
edit on 12/10/2014 by TheSpanishArcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 07:11 AM
im picturing dio flying through the windshield as holy diver is blasted through all 7 bose.
thanks man.
killer way to start the day

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 07:16 AM

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 09:41 AM
a reply to: Grovit

Or in this case "holy driver".

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 10:11 AM

Do you still have your job? I hope that you do! Stuff happens...I think you'll be ok.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 11:38 AM
All I want to know is if you made that final delivery... and did they tip?

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 12:15 PM

I agree it is always good to laugh at life. Last weekend I took a girl out (she was way out of my league and I was nervous as hell) I was trying to find parking and got flustered and inserted my credit card into the ticket dispenser machine thinking I was paying for parking lol needless to say I have to get a new card and we just cracked a few jokes an laughed it off. I am trying not think how stupid I was and I ruined my chances with her but hey, it was funny. I hope you didn't lose the job.
edit on 10-12-2014 by Shepard64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 12:32 PM
Hope it all works out.

Around here, car insurance is mandatory- so if you're young and the person you got in an accident with is old, they're thinking "Hey, I can fake an injury and that kids high insurance premium could give me a big payout!" -- I drove a lot when I was younger and got in a lot of small accidents (Most of which *I* wasn't even moving for, surprisingly) and had a lot of people try this nonsense.
Hopefully that "breakdown" isn't just an excuse to try and squeeze you.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 01:11 PM

The passenger in the other car who had the nervous break down was the pizza delivery driver who's job you took. She was experiencing flash backs of all the accidents she had as a driver.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 03:37 PM
At least you made it to your first day.

When I was young there was a job I wanted so bad and worked really hard to convince the company to even give me an interview as they weren't hiring. They hired me and I was to start the day after my birthday. Turns out my roommates were having a surprise birthday party for me, but as they weren't done work til late, they arranged a series of "accidental" run ins with my friends who were coming from out of town. Each person that "intercepted" me faked surprise at seeing me and, being my birthday, took me to different bars for a drink. I was absolutely hammered even before we all got to the party and nothing in the world could get me to that job the next day as I was so hung over.

I feel deeply amused and ashamed when I think of this to this day and its been over twenty years.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 08:41 PM

Here's one for ya:

In college I delivered for Dominos. One day I'm driving very slowly in pretty heavy traffic during a local festival where lots of people were jockeying for parking spaces on a one-way street. So as we're creeping along, I notice to my left a car trying to parallel park and banging into both the car in front and the one parked behind his space. As I lean out the window and prepare to read this inconsiderate ay-hole the riot act, I slam into the car in front of ME. Fairly low speed collision with pretty much no damage, but I felt like a tool.

Pizza delivery is a largely thankless grind. I always tip the hell out of the pizza guy nowadays having learned that.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 11:35 PM
a reply to: Urantia1111

I do the same, I always tip the pizza Guy or Gal very good. Fuel is expensive, and many of them are only making minimum wage, so they depend on tips to survive.

What is nice is when you develope a relationship with a Driver, and tip them well, you always end up with a fresh hot Pizza. ~$heopleNation

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 08:15 PM
Right. Didn't mean to leave this hanging but I got busy for a few days there. When I did get back to it ATS as on the fritz. Not that this is the most interesting of threads but I don't try and hit and run.

They put me to work this week. Didn't expect that as it's supposed to be only a couple of days a week but I will take it. Got all my stupid Christmas shopping done and paid for so that's good. Had to tape up the light on the back end of the truck to drive it and that's a huge scam. I paid five bucks for about two feet of tape and had to buy more to just get it covered. Now I need to find a new bed or a used one at a junk yard. Need to make lots of money but I finally found the holy grail of pizza places so even at part time hours I can still make some money.

And yes, I did deliver that last pie. If I had known the entrance was in the back I would have turned before I got to it. I didn't so ended up flipping a u then when I turned onto the side street that's when I got hit. So I walked the pizza in as I was, luckily, right there.

top topics