It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top hacker-turned FBI mole gives dire warning

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Think most of it is staged to be honest. How anyone can leave a trail on the internet these days is beyond me, if you dont want to leave a trail, you wont, its not difficult. Very rarely are professional gangs that knock off banks are ever found.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I watched the news feed but didn't see or hear anything that wasn't already known.

Things people need to get their head around...

1. Security is non existent.
2. You can never have enough redundancy built in to your IT systems.
3. Anonymity is non existent.... which is ironic.
4. You are part of a system, that can be manipulated to whatever end
4. Watch Enemy of the state.... this film is a reality

Korg.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I believe anonymous is a scam. Nobody gets that kind of media attention and remains a backdrop for this long without being an asset to the political/military/media complex.

If they were trouble to TPTB then they would have been dealt with by now.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Dabrazzo

you go on and keep believein that. using tor and other methods are not quite as secure as think. you don't think that the feds have access to these and are actively coming up with ways to defeat them and track folks.

you can bet that they have people who's sole purpose is to search, find and learn how to exploit anonymity software. sure some works for a little while, but they can break it just like hackers can. plus they have more money to funnel into doing this than hackers or software companies who's main deal is to make money, not spend boku bucks doing it.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
a reply to: Dabrazzo

you go on and keep believein that. using tor and other methods are not quite as secure as think. you don't think that the feds have access to these and are actively coming up with ways to defeat them and track folks.

you can bet that they have people who's sole purpose is to search, find and learn how to exploit anonymity software. sure some works for a little while, but they can break it just like hackers can. plus they have more money to funnel into doing this than hackers or software companies who's main deal is to make money, not spend boku bucks doing it.

The best way to find out someones identity... is to ask them....

Korg.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Yeah I will thanks, buy a pre paid SIM cash, buy a mobile router cash, or build your own, that is not difficult you can easily source the hardware you need to build a custom router and thats the job done you are now anonymous. I am under no illusion about government surveillance on the internet but the fact remains if you want to stay anonymous you can, its easy.

As long as no one can tie your activity to a real world identity your pretty much good to go.
edit on 10-12-2014 by Dabrazzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I get the stance he is taking on this issue, I just dont think it was cool to screw his fellow hackers over, just to save himself. Who will guard the guards. WEll thats always been the problem

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA
I believe anonymous is a scam. Nobody gets that kind of media attention and remains a backdrop for this long without being an asset to the political/military/media complex.

Couldn't disagree more.

Anonymous Op's are notoriously under reported in the MSM.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Busted cybercriminals make deals with the Feds habitually. It's the known out. These folks don't go to jail, they end up working for Uncle Sam or a large corporation...

Little fun fact - not too long before he became the God of hacktivism, Julian Assange was busted for hacking.

Fun fact two: moot, the person behind 4chan got busted and then walked away without a scratch shortly thereafter.

Two plus two anyone?
edit on 12/10/14 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: doobydoll

Agreed. Never have listened to Sabu talk before and well, yeah, he comes off pretty slippery. I think it takes a pretty slippery fellow to do what he did if he went from being a Robin Hood to a turncoat if one looks at his actions from an alternative perspective.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Taggart
I have long harbored suspicion Anonymous is a psy op of its own, a group of genuine Hackers and Alphabet agency complicit members/handlers which help orchestrate their antics or at the very least train them.
A group which can raise havoc and eventually cause an online False flag which changes the internet forever and without a doubt for the worse.

They've tried piracy laws, they've backdoored into social networks but they want total control, however they do it people will beg for censorship/government oversight.

Kind of like pseudo-creating ISIS to raise havoc in the Middle East, to have a proper reason to intervene?
Create/help Anonymous so that they'll eventually do things on the internet that'll justify intervention (with new laws, etc.)?

The sad thing is, you're probably closest to the real truth, lol.
edit on 12/11/2014 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

I agree with this. It's why Anonymous hasn't truly done anything noteworthy, especially recently.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
A few things I would like to add - I don't post often but read a lot on here. I have been following news of Anonymous since they were pretty new. The reason this "organization" isn't brought down by the powers that be is because of the idea of anonymous. They don't keep lists, they don't know people in who claim to be members unless they already knew them. Anonymous is everyone - that is their idea. If you disagree with something and speak out on a forum - you are anonymous. If you "hack" a site because it contains something you don't like - you are anonymous. Anonymous is not a real group - they just spread the word on an organized event through pastebin links which are sent to a person who sends it to someone he knows who sends it to someone else. They don't believe in control of information - they want it all out in the open. They teach people how to best secure their computers against outside intrusion, how to use proxies and how to stay anonymous.

Now I may sound like a recruiter there but on to the bad. Sabu was caught being an informant by his own little collective of "hacktivists" and the word was spread quickly so he can no longer remain anonymous - they posted his address, phone number, age, pictures, emails he sent trying to trip up other members into admitting to crimes, etc. So yes, the man in that story is the person who was known as Sabu. He showed the darker side of being a hacktivist - the fact you could be working with an informant on their "ops" and your best online buddy could be working against you. You can't trust anyone who claims allegiance to anonymous because they are anonymous and an unknown. Most of the people who are loyal to anonymous and support them are not hackers in anyway - they are simply activists who want things to change.

With that being said - you have read their stated beliefs but their only true unifying belief is chaos. They don't want a government, a lot of "members" only want anarchy - they don't care about you and will not help you should you get caught. They will not support your cause unless it will get them press. They are not the same group that started a few years ago - most of them are only doing it for the "lulz" now.

Take it as you will, the ideas and beliefs they state are fine with me and so are their methods. What I don't like is the way they have twisted the word hacker from someone out for information by accessing other computers illegally into the hacker of today - someone hell bent on destroying any site that disagrees with them and causing as much damage as they possibly can. They have lost the old ways.

Last thought and I will wrap up this wall of text. The news report on anonymous, they are who we hear about but most hacks, viruses, malware, etc is all coming from china. Those hackers are bent on hurting the US corporations - you hear of a DDoS attack - it is coming from China most of the time and those hackers seem to have no repercussions to their actions by their own government.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Taggart

He screams mindless follower looking for a cause.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blinkydoo

- it is coming from China most of the time and those hackers seem to have no repercussions to their actions by their own government.

Probably because it is their government.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join