It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top hacker-turned FBI mole gives dire warning

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 02:58 AM
link   

"Anonymous" is one of the biggest online vigilante groups. Its members hack into companies and governments computer systems, and they prefer a life in the shadows, wearing masks in protests.

Now, a former top member is breaking his silence.

He helped carry out cyberattacks that caused $50 million in damages. In his first television interview, Hector Monsegur opens up about his arrest, and switching sides, reports "CBS This Morning" co-host Charlie Rose.

Top hacker-turned FBI mole gives dire warning

Video is on the website
yea....

personally, I think it was just a matter of time.. but, I do agree when he said that ..who is guarding the guards Charlie"

I don't know .. still on the fence .. waiting to see where the smoke clears..

link isn't showing up .. here's the link ..? CBS NEWS

Link STILL ISN'T showing up .. WTF is going on ATS ??? !!!!

edit on 10-12-2014 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-12-2014 by Komodo because: link isn't showing up .. !! ?? WTF ??

edit on 10-12-2014 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

+13 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Komodo

The link works fine.

This news is new to me.

I saw the thread headline and felt quite deflated that a member of Anonymous is a turncoat. However, after watching the interview, that 'deflated' feeling disappeared and I can't quite put my finger on the reason why.

This guy Hector/Sabu was anonymous to his fellow hactivists, so how do we know this guy is Sabu? Because the FBI says so? This guy could be an actor for all we know. Why did the FBI reveal his identity when they could have left him 'inside' Anonymous and continue using him? I don't get it.

None of it makes any sense to me.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Watching the video,
First off, the people wearing masks at protests are not anonymous, I mean some maybe are but most are just anti establishment, I don't need to explain who the mask is and why it's symbolic whether the movie V for Vendetta or the real person Guy fawes.

CBS spin out of the way

How you go from being anti Government, Banks, Capitalism or whatever an independent person is fighting against to become an FBI informant and seemingly enjoying it, it shows this guy is either a puppet or never knew what he was fighting against, if anything.

Although this isn't about left and right of politics if you vision Government and banks on one side and Anonymous on the other, you aren't going to get a lot of Government or Bankers switching sides and vice versa which makes this fishy to me.

THAT SAID

I have long harbored suspicion Anonymous is a psy op of its own, a group of genuine Hackers and Alphabet agency complicit members/handlers which help orchestrate their antics or at the very least train them.
A group which can raise havoc and eventually cause an online False flag which changes the internet forever and without a doubt for the worse.

They've tried piracy laws, they've backdoored into social networks but they want total control, however they do it people will beg for censorship/government oversight.
edit on 10/12/2014 by Taggart because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: doobydoll

Also tend to say that they can't be caught by the FBI's normal computer methods and average agents.

Shows that the hackers have what it takes to remain safe behind their screens to a certain extent.

If anonymous can do it, so can other countries, but then, we already know that.

P

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 05:13 AM
link   

How you go from being anti Government, Banks, Capitalism or whatever an independent person is fighting against to become an FBI informant and seemingly enjoying it, it shows this guy is either a puppet or never knew what he was fighting against, if anything.

Staying out of prison and getting a very good paycheck. Greed can turn someone real fast - it is the foundation of our country now.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Sabu was revealed to be a FBI informant in 2012. He was most notable with Lulzsec, which was a 50 day burst of hacking activity where they did it for the "lulz". It was during that that Sabu got caught and most of the members of Lulzsec are now arrested and charged with conspiracy in part due to Sabu.

Sabu was real.

Oh and as far as why they didn't keep using Sabu was because they collected up quite a few via Sabu in the few months that they used him. Lulzsec basically hacked nuemrous government agency webistes and more--FBI, CIA, US Senate. I think Lulzsec kind of made them mad.

edit on 10/12/14 by WhiteAlice because: added last paragraph

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Yep. Guy I was in school with got jammed up by the FBI. Dude changed his hacker hat color PDQ and now lives the good life. A very good life.

As for this really being Sabu, it was all over the place when he got popped. Just had to be paying attention to that sorta thing. It's him.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

An ex was a black hat for a little extra money. Got nipped, did some work in lieu of jail time and walked the straight path after that. Well, after that and the Patriot Act.
edit on 10/12/14 by WhiteAlice because: english, thou hath failed me

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Keep your eye out for plain wrapper vehicles ...

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   
And now he is peddling fear for CBS, noob.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

I watched the interview a couple of times. He says he knew the game was up for a while before he was arrested, he describes situations where strange men in strange cars are covertly watching him from overt positions, such as right outside his house. He says he looked right at one driver who was 'pretending to read a newspaper' and the man suddenly pretended to fumble around in the car for something. It all sounds like he's describing scenes from the old cheesy 1940's black and white spy films.

Something is telling me that this guy being interviewed is lying and he isn't Sabu.

What could/would be the reason though?

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Timely

Keep your eye out for plain wrapper vehicles ...

Yea, it's hard to see the bubblegum machine when it's in a plain wrapper, so you better brush your teeth and comb your hair and keep to the double nickles driver.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: WhiteAlice

An ex was a black hat for a little extra money. Got nipped, did some work in lieu of jail time and walked the straight path after that. Well, after that and the Patriot Act.

Yep. That's really the only way the government has to get top shelf hackers. Money or prison? Easy choice for most

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

I have no idea what your code means

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   

I imagine the government is using him as a propaganda tool to discourage any other disgruntled citizens from using a computer to engage in civil disobedience all the while reinforcing the idea that THE REAL ENEMY is out there and they could turn our water off at any time.

Protesting in the streets does not work, using technology however does.

edit on 10-12-2014 by Dabrazzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   

No code - obvious telegraphing of knowledge - on your part.

Careless ? or FOS ?

Just wondering ...

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Perhaps the idea that if you work for us we will protect you and your kids and give them a better life. People love their kids and want the best for them.

I do think though, if a solar whatever doesn't affect our electical supplies then hackers will eventually expose every dirty deal. I just wish someone would hack into the bankers and expose them and their dirty dealings to the public.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

Not sure how it's telegraphing anything. Point blank said I went to school with a guy who got popped, and that Sabu getting rolled was big news if you were paying attention.

It's all open source

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: WhiteAlice

Ok thanks for that.

I commented after watching just the interview in the OP, I'm not familiar with the rest of it.

The guy being interviewed and the things he says, he doesn't come across as sincere to me. He didn't panic when he knew the game was up for him, knowing the grave seriousness of his hacking and the trouble he was in and he was about to be arrested for these very serious crimes, he took a nap all afternoon. A nap? Lol ok.

I understand you're familiar with who he is, and I can't dispute that and I don't know any different. But I can spot a liar when I see and hear one, and this guy comes across as lying in this interview.

Shame he went over to the enemy.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

most of the guy fakes wouldn't be able to cut prison life, so staying out of jail would be enough to turn them right there.
if the gov really wanted they could catch and turn most with that right there.

any one that believes that the feds aren't or have been recruiting the very best computer savvy people and have some of the best programers/ hackers and software detection there is, are just naive.

see this right here.

In June 2011, Monsegur led a brazen attack on the website of InfraGard, an FBI affiliate. Days later, a team of FBI agents showed up at the same apartment where he grew up.

now how do you suppose they found him, after years of do it he just didn't screw up and leave a trail. no they tracked him.
whether it was a by a young FBI computer tech right out of school, or a other turned hacker they found inside a few days.
that right there should tell them that there days are numbered.

you can bet they have a list twice as long as my arm that they are watching and waiting to bust, and other countries do to.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join