It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just has a colon probobe. And it hurt.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   
The procedure was winding down, which is when I woke up. I am assuming, I woke up early.

So they had to pull the camera-light out of my behind, but it really hurt a lot. I made noises, not screams, but loud.

Somebody was in charge of keeping me asleep until the probe was completed. They fell short.
I don't hate them, though. Everybody makes mistakes.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   
You mean the anesthesiologist? I do know waking up during procedures happens. I'm real sorry because the pain must've been insane. Lots of them do great work, and get paid a lot for their expertise.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: droid56

sigh... gotta love TMI posts...

Gave me chills... and a slight flash back

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Where'd you get it done? East coast? And I know that might be TMI so apologies ahead of time.
edit on 10-12-2014 by Yeahkeepwatchingme because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Can you describe the noise?

I had a lasertripsy ( insert a laser in the urethra to blast kidney stones ) today. Thank goodness I didn't wake early for that.
The noise that would have made!

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   
awesome!!
please, tell us more

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

Agreed. This is actually the most "in depth" thread as of late

edit on 10-12-2014 by Yeahkeepwatchingme because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-12-2014 by Yeahkeepwatchingme because: extreme fatigue

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Where'd you get it done? East coast? And I know that might be TMI so apologies ahead of time.

I believe it was in his bottom!

Joke aside... I feel for you PO

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Rodinus

I am still laughing. OP, you need to laugh.

Roflmao

Pun intended.

P

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Lol

My husband had a colonoscopy without drugs on purpose, because he thinks he's tough. He's not. When he was done I said "drugs next time then? "

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Malynn
Lol

My husband had a colonoscopy without drugs on purpose, because he thinks he's tough. He's not. When he was done I said "drugs next time then? "

i would question his intelligence as well
i mean that in the nicest possible way

going med free when a 17 foot long hose is put up your starfish is not a smart thing

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 02:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grovit

Lol

i would question his intelligence as well
i mean that in the nicest possible way

going med free when a 17 foot long hose is put up your starfish is not a smart thing

Is it really 17 feet long?

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Lol be said he doesn't like the way the drugs make him feel. I replied that he wasn't going to like how the tube felt more.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: AreUKiddingMe

unless it is going into a 48 foot tall person, no
its pretty awesome you had to ask though.
hahahaha

i dot know how long it is. i have never had one,,

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Lol be said he doesn't like the way the drugs make him feel. I replied that he wasn't going to like how the tube felt more.

hahahahah
yeah, you won that little debate for sure.

i like the way they make me feel so when i get my first i am trying for a double dose

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Now you are ready for alien abductions.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 03:13 AM
link   

But if you're unconscious, you miss getting to see your insides going by on the monitor, something you definitely don't get to see every day! I've been 'scoped twice now; the 1st time, the doctor gave me Demerol, & then a second dose when the 1st didn't put me out. Still awake for some reason, I watched the monitor, & was treated to the aforementioned sight. All was well until the scope reached a bend somewhere in there, & the doctor had to push the hose the way a plumber will push a snake to get it around a tight bend. That was the only time I felt any pain.

5 years later, I mentioned that to the doctor's assistant when scheduling another 'scoping appointment. She said it may have been due to an effect of the anesthetic. I chose no anesthetic for the 2nd time (why bother when it wasn't gonna put me out), & all went well that time, so maybe she was right.

I suppose the skill of the person doing the scoping also counts. It wasn't a pleasant experience, but I focused on the monitor & marveled at the technology available in this day & age. It helped me to not think about what was going on back there where, thankfully, I couldn't see.

I lost my dad to undetected colon cancer that spread throughout his body. He was only 52; he didn't see a doctor when he started having pains in his gut, because they would go away... until the day they didn't. He finally went to the doctor, but by that time, it was already too late, & his exit was slow & painful. All because he made a mistake in an area where life is most unforgiving of mistakes. Colon cancer is one of the more easily treated cancers as long as it's detected early on. I'll never know for sure, but he probably didn't have to die so young.

Yeah, getting 'scoped is a drag, but there's nothing like the peace of mind I get from knowing that there's nothing nasty going on in my colon. The scope is an amazing tool. In addition to the camera & light, there's also a wire loop cutting tool, & a spark gap to cauterize a wound caused by cutting. Not to get too gross about it, but I know this because both times, when the scope was on the way out, the doc needed to cut out a couple of rectal polyps that showed up.
What surprised me was that with or without anesthetic, I didn't feel a thing as I watched them being cut out, & the wounds being cauterized with the spark. Both times they were biopsied, & both times they were found to be benign.

And yes, both times, it was Party Time after getting the reports!

edit on 12/10/2014 by BuzzCory because: Fixed stuff so it reads better.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 03:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

Now you are ready for alien abductions.

LOL!
I'm sorry I can only give you one star for that one!

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I found a pic of the actual session:

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   

I hate hospitals so much that when I had a colonoscopy I went without any anesthesia just so I could get the hell out of dodge as soon as possible. If you do go the drug route your there way longer and need a ride home on top of it. It's not that painful, but then again all people have different thresholds for pain.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join