It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Clear Presentation of the Gospel

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

Nice try?
Leave me alone, man.
I really, really dislike you.

All I wanted to do was present what I believe to be a clear presentation of the gospel, and yet you people FORCE yourselves upon me, mocking, questioning what I believe, etc...

Just leave me the # alone.
edit on 10-12-2014 by graphuto because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: graphuto

You see what you're doing now?

Now you aren't treating the Bible as the literal inerrant divinely inspired word of God. The guy who created everything and thus would know the actual structure of the solar system. So what's changed?

Since we now know the Earth is not the center of the solar system, those verses shouldn't be taken literally?

Maybe like.. Noah's Ark? The Exodus? Or are you just picking and choosing because you would be crazy to believe in a geocentric model?

I like you're line of thinking here though.

From their perspective at that time the Earth was the center of the heavens. But, as our knowledge of the world increased, we eventually learned that wasn't true.

Let's apply it elsewhere.

From their perspective at that time, man attributed the unexplainable to Gods and Goddesses.
edit on 12-10-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: typo

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: graphuto

Nice try?
Leave me alone, man.
I really, really dislike you.

All I wanted to do was present what I believe to be a clear presentation of the gospel, and yet you people FORCE yourselves upon me, mocking, questioning what I believe, etc...

Just leave me the # alone.

Careful. We don't want you getting banned for profanity.

Isn't that what unbelievers have been asking xtians to do for generations? Stop FORCING your xtian beliefs and dogma on us, and just leave us alone? Xtians haven't listened to that plea for 2000 years. Why would heathens listen to it from xtians. Or grant it? Xtians have certainly spent enough time condemning the heathens for their beliefs.

Get some sleep, bro. You'll feel better tomorrow.
edit on 12/10/2014 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Because WE LOVE THEM AND DONT WANT THEM TO BURN IN HELL!

The only purpose these people are having here with me is to ridicule, derive pleasure from poking fun at, and mocking the word of God....
EVEN IF THEY WERE able to convince me otherwise, WHAT WOULD IT PROFIT? That I'd stop condemning people to a place they don't even believe exists? Its LUDICROUS.

Big big big difference.

If someone told me that I'd be eaten by a giant monster for not eating duck soup, I'd just laugh it off and go on about my life. Even if they came and knocked on my door once a week, and told me about the giant monster. I wouldn't seek out duck soup devotees, trying to get them to stop eating duck soup and teaching others to do the same...

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Because WE LOVE THEM AND DONT WANT THEM TO BURN IN HELL!

The only purpose these people are having here with me is to ridicule, derive pleasure from poking fun at, and mocking the word of God....

Big big big difference.

Matthew 5

11 “Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake. 12 Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

What you must understand is, they are as adamant about their beliefs as you are about yours. So when you tell them how wrong they are, they get just as upset as you do. The other thing you need to understand is, they don't have a commandment from christ to preach the gospel, and they don't care that you do. Also, they don't see that you "love" them. All they see is your anger, defensiveness, offensiveness, unwillingness to listen, and outbursts. You'll always catch more flies with honey than you will salt.

And god is big enough to take care of himself. He even says so.

ETA: Not that I'm a fan of proselytizing these days, but just a few tips. Whenever I used to witness on the streets, I had two rules for those who went with me.Leave your bible in the car, and don't quote scripture verbatim. Tell them what christ has done for you, and let your life and your fruits be your testimony.
edit on 12/10/2014 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Dear graphuto,

Yes, I do find amusement in a lot of Christian beliefs etc. Yes, some of my remarks are ridicule more or less. But please know that it isn't meant to be personal. Nor do I just come to mock or poke fun. In the majority of my posts I try to contribute in some way. Often it is misconstrued or unwelcome since my perspective is that of an atheist. I understand where you are coming from and can appreciate the good intentions behind your OP. In fact, even though I don't agree with it in the slightest, I should thank you. Thank you that you care enough and are passionate enough to write a lengthy OP describing your beliefs and sharing them with others. I don't think it's fair to fault anyone for standing up for their beliefs regardless of how stupid, or how wise they may be.

ETA:
This is a public forum with multiple perspectives. I didn't seek you out perse.
edit on 12-10-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Still no scriptural support? Jesus did only what the Father told Him He did not do His own will so you answer is incorrect.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
See my illustration regarding duck soup above.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: guitarplayer

Dude I've outlined it TWICE at this point. SHOW ME YOUR OWN SCRIPTURAL POSITION OR GO AWAY.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   

That's so totally backwards I don't even know what to say.
Jesus IS the Word.
The Gospel is the power of God unto salvation.
So in a way, the Word is the power of God unto salvation.
Not some story about how Jesus made my life great. Because honestly, that would be a lie.
I've always been looked down on and mocked for being a Bible believing Christian.

Yea, all those who live godly in Christ Jesus SHALL suffer persecution.

Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   

The majority of your post history shows a consistent pattern of seeking out christian threads...
It's almost exclusively what you talk about.

Again, see my illustration above regarding duck soup.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   

That's so totally backwards I don't even know what to say.
Jesus IS the Word.
The Gospel is the power of God unto salvation.
So in a way, the Word is the power of God unto salvation.
Not some story about how Jesus made my life great.

That all comes AFTER you build a repertoire with someone. The gospel is "good news". It's reconciliation to god through christ. If people don't see something in you, or your life, they want. Why would they listen to what you have to say?
Matthew 5

16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   

I've seen much more evidence of results with door to door soulwinning, Bible in hand, than with leaving the Bible in the car.

The goal isn't to get the person to listen to you. The goal is to get them to listen to the word of God.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   

The majority of your post history shows a consistent pattern of seeking out christian threads...
It's almost exclusively what you talk about.

Again, see my illustration above regarding duck soup.

Mine does too. And you'll see me on both sides of the debate. Sometimes I'm clarifying or expounding a doctrine, and sometimes I'm jumping on mostly fundamentalism with both feet. Just depends on the thread and posts.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   
One last time. See my illustration above regarding duck soup, and then explain to me why a person would have any reason whatsoever to continue trying to convert someone to a non-duck-souper.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   

I've seen much more evidence of results with door to door soulwinning, Bible in hand, than with leaving the Bible in the car.

The goal isn't to get the person to listen to you. The goal is to get them to listen to the word of God.

As you wish. Sounds very hardcore fundamentalist. In case you have forgotten. You are gods ambassador. You represent him. What about god do you want people to see in you?

How many man hours have you logged on the corner, and going door to door? Up there with Arthur Blessit yet?

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   
All I have read is that the rich young ruler is not Jesus. And hell is not Abrahams bosom. I simply asked in your original post that you said that Christ went to hell for three days paying for our sins. All I have asked and you have not shown any scripture that says Christ went to hell for three days. I quoted that Jesus told the thief that very day he would be in paradise with Christ. So did Jesus lie to the thief? Did the thief go to hell instead? I am still waiting for the scripture that states that Jesus went to hell.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   

The whole point of making a thread in the religious section of the forum, is to discuss religious views. You are free to make a thread about your religious views, and people are free to respond expressing their views on the subject and show you why they disagree. If you don't want your beliefs questioned, then maybe you shouldn't open a discussion about them.
edit on 10-12-2014 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   

What I meant is I don't seek them out just to jump in and start making fun of people. I lurk in a hell of a lot more threads than I actually post in. For the most part I just let other people talk about their beliefs and make no effort to force myself upon them. When I do post in these threads it's either because they are directed at me in some way, or I see something specific I want to address. As I said in an earlier post the only reason I posted in this thread was the rebuke. At any rate I certainly didn't force myself upon you. You have chosen to respond to my posts which told me I was more or less welcomed to keep adding my input into the thread.

This is where we have common ground. We are both passionate about what we believe and want to share it with people when, and where we can. You have your reasons and I have mine. We both mean well. I apologize for jabs I took at you. I didn't think they were too offensive but I should have stuck to my points without being antagonistic.

As for the duck soup illustration. I don't actively seek out people just to tell them all the reasons I'm an atheist and why I think their beliefs are flawed. When I do decide to say something, it's because in my opinion, the issue of religion runs deeper than a mans personal belief. I'll assume you aren't interested in all of my beefs with religion so I'll spare you a lengthy wall of text.

Anyway, you have made it clear I am not welcome in this thread anymore so I will cease posting and go back to hiding in the metaphorical shadows, to lurk. Take care.
edit on 12-10-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   

a reply to: Akragon

I don't think that's honest. You just assume that because one believes the Bible, and judges people for their false beliefs, and tries to get them to see the truth, that they MUST just be a crappy person to those around them on a daily basis.

It's ridiculous.

So im a liar as well as a "false prophet"... how very Christian of you, and thank you for providing the class with an example of what im talking about...

For the most part Christians are the most judgemental self centered elitist people that walk this planet... condemning others to hell because they don't agree with them... yet Christians don't even agree with one another on their own religion, which is why there are so many sects of said religion

I've had my dealings with Christians for most of my life, and they have soured me towards Christianity...

there are exceptions of course, but for the most part Christians disgust me... but unlike them... I do try my best not to judge, and take them on a case by case basis...

Don't believe what I tell you... ask me if I care

How Christians can claim to be associated with Christ... is beyond me... because they are NOTHING like him...

And that is why I will not claim to be Christian... because I am also NOTIHNG like Christians

and proud of it honestly... which is sad

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join