It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buddha rebuked a Demiurge god, who thought he was, The One True God.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

I understand all of that bro; Ive studied that going back decades, I am an Integral Metaphysician….I know all about Buddhist and Vedanta nonduality teachings

I thought I would share another perspective but like many you seem to only vibe on your own harp

That all right…

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Of course due to the laws of duality there is absence as a polarity to presence.

ONLY God has a presence in all things goes the theory

That’s why some teach that even the devil is God

There can be nothing ultimately independent from God…

To me Buddha spoke the same unity just didn’t use the term God.

A bad term if it ever was one.

The entire mindset is mindnumbingly simple and far off course IMO.

I would say the original concepts of so-called CREATION, have long been lost, and on purpose, in making all of this with any sort of true freedom of choice in anything,

The Creative Force finally realized it would indeed have to be destroyed, so that the rest could actually do something, errrrr NEW.

All religions on this planet, especially those that Jesus and Buddha strived so hard to achieve, are flawed just imperceptibly enough, that they completely, entirely, and utterly failed,

And like every other system on this planet, and everyone who feels they can reach enlightenment, do not even realize how stupidly limiting the things they strive for are.

And many, higher than us, cannot see either, they are lost and want us to NEVER be loosed upon them, because all, and EVERYTHING they know and have created, is flawed from the very start.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

Of course due to the laws of duality there is absence as a polarity to presence.

To me Buddha spoke the same unity just didn’t use the term God.

A bad term if it ever was one.

The entire mindset is mindnumbingly simple and far off course IMO.

I would say the original concepts of so-called CREATION, have long been lost, and on purpose, in making all of this with any sort of true freedom of choice in anything,

The Creative Force finally realized it would indeed have to be destroyed, so that the rest could actually do something, errrrr NEW.

All religions on this planet, especially those that Jesus and Buddha strived so hard to achieve, are flawed just imperceptibly enough, that they completely, entirely, and utterly failed,

And like every other system on this planet, and everyone who feels they can reach enlightenment, do not even realize how stupidly limiting the things they strive for are.

And many, higher than us, cannot see either, they are lost and want us to NEVER be loosed upon them, because all, and EVERYTHING they know and have created, is flawed from the very start.

So you believe all religions are flawed and there is no enlightenment or god, to each his own, whatever works best for you, yeah just go with that.

In truth its not religion thats needed just inquiry into the nature of your true self or soul. By understanding yourself perhaps you can better understand others.

I think modern science may provide you with some good answers, meditation as well.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   

edit on 12-12-2014 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

God is the present happening and the seer and knower of the present happening - so God is all there is. There is just God witnessing a light show - nothing else at all. 'God saw that the light was good.'

All that appears is the light shining out of God, God sees the light. He sometimes dreams he is separate from the light and makes idols of himself outside of the present (past and future) but he always dreams it in the present as presence so he is never separate from the light, he is the light that is shining. Nothing that was made was not made by/of him.

God is the projector, the light, the screen and the watcher of the movie.

edit on 12-12-2014 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   

edit on 12-12-2014 by Logarock because: n

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
They want everyone looking up for all the answers when we only need to look within.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   

I like Mooji, I thing he is a modern sage.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   

a reply to: dominicus

I think it’s the Jain religion that don’t even kill pests like bugs

Luckily for the human; "Earth" is apparently a believer in this dogma; (or would have shaken us off like water surfing ticks on a dog long ago).
edit on 12-12-2014 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
originally posted by: dominicus
originally posted by: ElectricUniverse
a reply to: dominicus

ElectricUniverse: You are trying to change who Mara is in Buddhist belief, and you are trying to make him the Elohim, or God in western culture and this is not true.

dominicus: well then Satan is pretending to be God.

Satan, as a partical or expression of God; is pretending to be his OWN creator ? That is CLEARLY irrational thinking and this individual needs to be found, straitjacketed and removed from 'polite' society.
edit on 12-12-2014 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gh0stwalker
They want everyone looking up for all the answers when we only need to look within.

No way to explain it; looking within is the answer (therein lies the universe and all answers). 10 minutes of absolute silence and focused introspection will open all realms of higher states of consciousness.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   

I like Osho; he is very funny "you can go to India to discover enlightenment, and also discover dysentery".

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   

hi itisnowagain,

yes i ve watched that video. i remember it was you who introduced me to mooji, from some videos you paste

i've been contemplating on movie screen experience since you brought it into any similar threads.
the movie screen is also the experience i encountered years ago.

thanks once again!

peace

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

I like Osho; he is very funny "you can go to India to discover enlightenment, and also discover dysentery".

Mooji is not from India.

Anthony Paul Moo-Young, known as Mooji, is a spiritual teacher or guru originally from Jamaica. Moo-Young was a student of Papaji who was a direct disciple of the advaita and non-dual master Ramana Maharshi. Wikipediaen.wikipedia.org...

So whats your point?
...and you could get aids in America.
edit on 13-12-2014 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-12-2014 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gh0stwalker

Did you know that there were some early Christian traditions that also taught to look within for the kingdom of heaven? That the kingdom is within and outside, that it is everything.

As an example in the Gospel of Thomas you can find among other things the following.

The Gnostic Society Library

The Nag Hammadi Library

The Gospel of Thomas

Translated by Thomas O. Lambdin

(Visit the Gospel of Thomas Collection for additional information)

These are the secret sayings which the living Jesus spoke and which Didymos Judas Thomas wrote down.

(1) And he said, "Whoever finds the interpretation of these sayings will not experience death."

(2) Jesus said, "Let him who seeks continue seeking until he finds. When he finds, he will become troubled. When he becomes troubled, he will be astonished, and he will rule over the All."

(3) Jesus said, "If those who lead you say to you, 'See, the kingdom is in the sky,' then the birds of the sky will precede you. If they say to you, 'It is in the sea,' then the fish will precede you. Rather, the kingdom is inside of you, and it is outside of you. When you come to know yourselves, then you will become known, and you will realize that it is you who are the sons of the living father. But if you will not know yourselves, you dwell in poverty and it is you who are that poverty."

www.gnosis.org...

As for the op, it seems obvious he/she is trying too hard to make Elohim into Satan, when even in Buddhist tradition Mara uses your passions, such as lust, in his arsenal to win over people.

edit on 13-12-2014 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Buddha nor the op, is saying that god is satan. Buddha was dealing with a delusional being that may have been deluded that he was god.

Read the op

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Did you know that there were some early Christian traditions that also taught to look within for the kingdom of heaven? That the kingdom is within and outside, that it is everything.

Even The King James Bible (which many Christians trust to be the true version) says this, but people who don't want to believe it will just skip over these verses:

"And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you." - Luke 17:20-21

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock
a reply to: JUhrman

Well for one thing Buddha may have rebuked someone, the Almighty god whatever, but Jesus certainly didn't. In fact quite the opposite.

And Jesus came from without and entered into humanity unlike Buddha boy who was apparently looking for ways to get out of it.

Yes, Buddha seemed to be trying to outwit the material form of being a human (as the standard model born of flesh/blood) attempting the notion one could exist more outside the body than inside. Problem is someone ELSE has to care take the somnambulist's vessel (as always in meditation and has no way to feed itself). Jesus embraced it (allowed for the crucifixion--now I no longer have to sponge from wealthy benefactors). Both approaches spawned world breaking news; historical documentation; a following, neither failed and any method that works to convey an idea that could and did change the paradigm of (Roman rule) is a plus. I find this curious; there has been no discussion as of this reply/post of Mohammed (seemed at the time of his INSERT) was supposed to be the perfect bridge between eastern and western dogmas yet is now being acted out as THE potential boomerang to all systems of belief.
edit on 13-12-2014 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: dominicus

Mara, the most evil god (a heavenly ‘demon’ from the Paranimmita-Vasavatti Heaven) possessed an attendant of Baka Brahma and told the Buddha not to rebuke him, for he is ‘the Maha (Great) Brahma, the Conqueror, Unconquered, Omniscient, Omnipotent, Creator, Most High Providence, Father of All That Have Been and Shall Be.’

Christians/Jews/Muslims.....that last line sound familiar to you?

Sound familiar? Send him all your love, praises, worship and you will end up in refined spiritual realms, aka heaven.

Sound familiar yet again? Defiance against so called "God", leads to hell.

So this lower "god" binds souls into rebirth, over and over again handing out access to heavens to those he deems deserve it, and hell to others. Again sound familiar?

Again to clarify the points of Mara:

(1) the threat of ‘hell’ for non-believers, (2) the promise of ‘eternal’ heaven by a heavenly ‘Father’ for his faithful ‘creation’, and (3) the claim of him being ‘the Conqueror, Unconquered, Omniscient, Omnipotent, Creator, Most High Providence’.

Things are starting to get interesting the deeper I dig. For, after I have received the indwelling of the Holy Spirit by the following the teachings of Christ, I have, since that day, come to intuitively want nothing to do with OT (except for Psalms), and have fallen in Love with Mysticism that is Perenial, Buddhism being one of them (See Gospel of Thomas for a Buddhist styled Christ)

First of all, my comment wasn't that Buddha was claiming that Elohim/God is Mara, but I did read the op, it seems to be you don't see what the op is actually implying...

The op is obviously trying to claim that Elohim/God is Mara. The op even tried to change what Buddha said about Mara and has been ignoring the fact that Buddha himself stated that Mara uses passions such as lust to delude us, and lure us into following him.

edit on 13-12-2014 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
originally posted by: veteranhumanbeing

Willtell: I like Mooji, I thing he is a modern sage.

VHB: I like Osho; he is very funny "you can go to India to discover enlightenment, and also discover dysentery".

willtell: Mooji is not from India.

That is a good thing; as has never been familiarized with the potentially 'divine' aspects/result of experiencing dysentery.

willtell:
Anthony Paul Moo-Young, known as Mooji, is a spiritual teacher or guru originally from Jamaica. Moo-Young was a student of Papaji who was a direct disciple of the advaita and non-dual master Ramana Maharshi. Wikipediaen.wikipedia.org...

So whats your point?
...and you could get aids in America.

I wasn't speaking of Mooji, I was talking in reference to Osho vs Mooji as sages (not stated just inferred and YOU CAUGHT THAT), a totally different being (don't try and trick me by expanding your argument to include AIDS). Although meeting the divine aspect of yourself can just as well have been 'contracted' (karma) by contracting AIDS as well. Its a win win either way, you get to meet your creator, unless you are Satan and find yourself looking into a mirror.

edit on 13-12-2014 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join