It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buddha rebuked a Demiurge god, who thought he was, The One True God.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse
a reply to: dominicus

Oh and btw, in case you didn't know Mara in Buddhist belief is Satan, it isn't God, or Elohim. Mara is the deceiver. His ten fold army includes "aversion, cowardice, cravings, doubt, hunger, hypocrisy, lust, thirst, torpor, and stupidity.

You are trying to change who Mara is in Buddhist belief, and you are trying to make him the Elohim, or God in western culture and this is not true.

well then Satan is pretending to be God.

Mara, the most evil god (a heavenly ‘demon’ from the Paranimmita-Vasavatti Heaven) possessed an attendant of Baka Brahma and told the Buddha not to rebuke him, for he is ‘the Maha (Great) Brahma, the Conqueror, Unconquered, Omniscient, Omnipotent, Creator, Most High Providence, Father of All That Have Been and Shall Be.’

Sounds like exactly the God of OT says that he's "the Conqueror, Unconquered, Omniscient, Omnipotent, Creator, Most High Providence, Father of All That Have Been and Shall Be."

Plus jealous, plus wrathful, sending good to heaven, and bad to hell. Hhhhhmmmmm, sounds like Mara to me

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

I think it’s the Jain religion that don’t even kill pests like bugs

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

You are wrong, sorry. Karma is a concept that originated in India, even though it has been adopted by many Asian religions. It is not universal in nature thou, as that would mean a concept that exists in all religions and it doesn't.

As for enlightenment, that is a different concept and it isn't just taught in eastern religions that accept karma as a principle that can't be changed in this life unless you accept to suffer throughout this life.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Of course due to the laws of duality there is absence as a polarity to presence.

ONLY God has a presence in all things goes the theory

That’s why some teach that even the devil is God

There can be nothing ultimately independent from God…

To me Buddha spoke the same unity just didn’t use the term God.

A bad term if it ever was one.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

I think it’s the Jain religion that don’t even kill pests like bugs

No, to actually become a Buddhist you must take a vow never to harm any life form, including insects, and mosquitoes. Being a Buddhist is not the Hollywood version in which anyone who calls himself/herself a Buddhist is one. Just because someone calls himself/herself a Buddhist it doesn't mean they are.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Sure it’s universal. Truth doesn’t depend on what people believe.

Just because most of western religion has not the same doctrine of karma as some eastern religons doesn’t mean karma isn’t a universal reality.

Also the western religions have a version of karma in the heaven and hell apocalypse doctrine.

I believe in both of them and that they are compatible; we just don’t know all the nuances of them

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: dominicus

Sounds like exactly the God of OT says that he's "the Conqueror, Unconquered, Omniscient, Omnipotent, Creator, Most High Providence, Father of All That Have Been and Shall Be."

Plus jealous, plus wrathful, sending good to heaven, and bad to hell. Hhhhhmmmmm, sounds like Mara to me

Obviously you are not familiar at all with the pantheon of gods and godesses in Hinduism. Some of the very things Elohim is said to have done according to the OT were also done by many gods and goddesses according to the Vedas.

Again, you are ignoring many of the descriptions of who Mara is, who among other things had LUST as part of his armies...

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

u-ni-ver-sal

[yoo-nuh-vur-suh l] Spell Syllables

Synonyms
Examples
Word Origin

adjective

1. of, relating to, or characteristic of all or the whole:
"universal experience."

2. applicable everywhere or in all cases; general:
"a universal cure."

3. affecting, concerning, or involving all:
"universal military service."

4. used or understood by all:
"a universal language."

dictionary.reference.com...

Karma is a concept that started in India, and exists in some eastern religions, but not in all world religions, so it isn't universal in nature.

BTW, I do believe that in some forms karma does exist, however, I don't believe that it must be accepted and don't believe either that just because someone was born poor that they must accept to be poor throughout their lives. Neither do I believe that we must accept and allow ourselves or our children to become ill just because "it might be part of karma"...

But does that change the fact that karma is not a universal belief? it certainly does not, as the concept of karma as taught in eastern doctrines is not a concept found in all religions.

On the other hand "enlightenment" is a universal concept as it is a concept that all religions do have in varying degrees.

edit on 11-12-2014 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Obviously you are not familiar at all with the pantheon of gods and godesses in Hinduism. Some of the very things Elohim is said to have done according to the OT were also done by many gods and goddesses according to the Vedas.

Again, you are ignoring many of the descriptions of who Mara is, who among other things had LUST as part of his armies...

So now the vedas are corresponding info about a lower demiurge creator. Please do share links, though I will check on my own as well, since more and more evidence is pointing towards the creator not being the True Source.

Did you read the link I posted to go with this thread?

who also says this in the OT: "the Conqueror, Unconquered, Omniscient, Omnipotent, Creator, Most High Providence, Father of All That Have Been and Shall Be." ?

Not too hard to put 1 + 1 = 2

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: dominicus

Did you read the link I posted to go with this thread?

who also says this in the OT: "the Conqueror, Unconquered, Omniscient, Omnipotent, Creator, Most High Providence, Father of All That Have Been and Shall Be." ?

Not too hard to put 1 + 1 = 2

AKA the deceiver... aka Mara...aka who uses lust in his armies... yeah, not too hard to add it up huh?... Who else claims to be God?... know of any deceivers in western religions who claims he is God, or equal to God and uses among many other things lust in his arsenal?...

edit on 11-12-2014 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   

I've known about this for a while, thanks to an ex who's heavily into Tibetan Buddhism locally. It is-also a philosophy as a hard polytheist that I and many others espouse. But Abrahamic faiths (being the main source of monotheism in the world) gain great power and prestige over the idea of supreme beings who can punish us. The old preChristian faiths of Europe (so mostly Indo-European ones) had "all fathers" but they were never all powerful, but rather leaders of the DIvine Tribe. Odin and An Dagda spring to mind here.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
As to your asking me for links, here is one.

Many supernatural creatures populate Buddhist literature, but among these Mara is unique. He is one of the earliest non-human beings to appear in Buddhist scriptures. He is a demon, sometimes called the Lord of Death, who plays a role in many stories of the Buddha and his monks.

Mara is best known for his part in the historical Buddha's enlightenment. This story came to be mythologized as a great battle with Mara, whose name means "destruction" and who represents the passions that snare and delude us.

buddhism.about.com...

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden

I've known about this for a while, thanks to an ex who's heavily into Tibetan Buddhism locally. It is-also a philosophy as a hard polytheist that I and many others espouse. But Abrahamic faiths (being the main source of monotheism in the world) gain great power and prestige over the idea of supreme beings who can punish us. The old preChristian faiths of Europe (so mostly Indo-European ones) had "all fathers" but they were never all powerful, but rather leaders of the DIvine Tribe. Odin and An Dagda spring to mind here.

humm... Odin is supposed to be the "Allfather", the RULER of Asgard and father of all gods. BTW, Odin LOVED battles. Not to mention that he also punished others, including Loki, so I have to question your claims.

In all religions the different gods and goddesses could and would punish others. In eastern philosophy punishment is given through karma, hence why people would have to accept if they were born poor, and in a lower caste that it was part of their punishment because "they probably did something bad in a past life".

This "belief' that in eastern religions there isn't a definition of a powerful force punishing others is patently false.

edit on 11-12-2014 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   
The Demiurge concept is simple to understand.

It’s the law of the negative universe that we have all become a slave of.

It’s the REAL Matrix!

Its the source of what Buddha yaught regarding suffering
Wihtout it suffering coukdnt exist

Whatever happened to this world that has created such evil we all condemn IS THE DEMIURGE

It is the corrupted world that breeds all that what we claim to hate and causes suffering.

It’s the world that ultimately is responsible for whatever happens to us
This even transcends Karma

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
This is all explained in the book "Apocryphon of John" (a.k.a. The Secret Book of John) found in Naghammadi ca. 1940 (if i recall correctly)

This Mahabrahma equates to Yaldabaoth (Satan, The Adversary, The Devil, Ruler of this world, Creator of this world)

Rather, think of yourselves as a ray of light from the purest of lights which pervades all of existence. That is our father/mother and we are all with Christ. We are at one with him if we allow ourselves to be what we truly are. And ask him to enter us. Never stop seeking what you are, find your beginning and you will find your end.

This world is nothing, and is only for a short time, yet never was. It is built on model of the one true father/mother but is nothing in comparison with what Christ called heaven. No heaven is like the one true heaven.

Stay strong in your seeking brethren.

ETA:

A reminder also, deny yourselves of your identity and pick up your cross and follow that which is only good. The father/mother first, then yourselves and your fellow beings equally.
edit on 11/12/14 by Sump3 because: A good reminder

www.gnosis.org...
edit on 11/12/14 by Sump3 because: link

edit on 11/12/14 by Sump3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Ok simple answer:

The universe doesnt really exist, time and space etc only exists for those in it.

There are infinate universes continually being created and dissolving in every particle of existance.

Only god exists in the universe.

The duality which one experiences isnt real and is desire driven.

God manifests as both duality and non duality, but non duality is said to be without illusion likened to the singularity or BIG BANG.

So god is everything and everyone and oneness as well.

It is only by desire of illusionary duality that anything other than non dual god is experienced.

It is only by desire that non duality or oneness of god is experienced as well.

One illusion can create another out of desire, however all illusion is nothing more than god.

Yes this means you are god and always have been.

edit on 11-12-2014 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   
IMO, God is merely the metaphor for the perfection we seek.

Well that’s not all he is but that’s the most important aspect to us on this path

One can never completely comprehend God because God is infinite and too huge

We will always be behind infinity
He and she will always be far ahead of us

We can though become immortal by perfecting the station-states of consciousness we lost

Solve the mystery of the crucified Jesus

As of now the best we can do is harness the complete perfection in the form of a Hologram of God that we are…

Buddha understood this so left the being concept of God out of his system because it didn’t logically align with his system at the present state of the aspirants: in other words nobody can see God at the start of the path so why even talk about something you can’t see!

The reasom God showed to Moses as a burning bush is that NOTHING CAN EXIST ALONG SIDE BUT GOD… He will consume it because the final reality is that

There is nothing but God

Here is the formula:
God is everything save the devolution of consciousness( which is done to transform energy) and the evolution and the re-perfection of that devolving consciousness

So God is even the devil himself

If you say the devil IS NOT God then you’re saying that the devil is a God alongside God,
A metaphysical impossibility

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   

IMO, God is merely the metaphor for the perfection we seek.
Well that’s not all he is but that’s the most important aspect to us on this path
One can never completely comprehend God because God is infinite and too huge
We will always be behind infinity
He and she will always be far ahead of us
We can though become immortal by perfecting the station-states of consciousness we lost
Solve the mystery of the crucified Jesus
As of now the best we can do is harness the complete perfection in the form of a Hologram of God that we are…
Buddha understood this so left the being concept of God out of his system because it didn’t logically align with his system at the present state of the aspirants: in other words nobody can see God at the start of the path so why even talk about something you can’t see!
The reasom God showed to Moses as a burning bush is that NOTHING CAN EXIST ALONG SIDE BUT GOD… He will consume it because the final reality is that
There is nothing but God
Here is the formula:
God is everything save the devolution of consciousness( which is done to transform energy) and the evolution and the re-perfection of that devolving consciousness
So God is even the devil himself
If you say the devil IS NOT God then you’re saying that the devil is a God alongside God,
A metaphysical impossibility

Sounds to me like your limiting what god is, and limiting yourself with duality as well.

Two of a sages diciples once had a dispute about what god was and went to the sage to ask him what god was, the sage simply said, "First you two tell me what god isnt, then I will inform you as to what god is."

Meaning in non duality all is one, there is no satan, or that which is considered ego. Yes god pervades the ego as well but is beyond it.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

Saying God is the devil is hardly duality.

Ii follow the teachings of the Sufi Saint Ibn Arabi

Mansur Hallaj who uttered
I am truth

Where the exoteric Moslems crucified him for uttering such “blasphemy”

I am also very familiar with the non dual masters, have studied their works and have no issue with their doctrines.

Waḥdat al-Wujūd

Ibn Arabi is most often characterized in Islamic texts as the originator of the doctrine of waḥdat al-wujūd, however, this expression is not found in his works and the first who employed this term was the Andalusian mystical thinker Ibn Sabin.[1] Although he frequently makes statements that approximate it, it cannot be claimed that "Oneness of Being" is a sufficient description of his ontology, since he affirms the "manyness of reality" with equal vigor.[2] In his view, wujūd is the unknowable and inaccessible ground of everything that exists. God alone is true wujūd, while all things dwell in nonexistence, so also wujūd alone is nondelimited (muṭlaq), while everything else is constrained, confined, and constricted. Wujūd is the absolute, infinite, nondelimited reality of God, while all others remain relative, finite, and delimited.[3] Since wujūd is nondelimited, it is totally different from everything else. Whatever exists and can be known or grasped is a delimitation and definition, a constriction of the unlimited, a finite object accessible to a finite subject. In the same way, wujūd's self-consciousness is nondelimited, while every other consciousness is constrained and confined. But we need to be careful in asserting wujūd's nondelimitation. This must not be understood to mean that wujūd is different and only different from every delimitation. The Shaykh is quick to point out that wujūd's nondelimitation demands that it be able to assume every delimitation. If wujūd could not become delimited, it would be limited by its own nondelimitation. Thus "He possesses nondelimitation in delimitation" Or, "God possesses nondelimited wujūd, but no delimitation prevents delimitation. Rather, He possesses all delimitations, so He is nondelimited delimitation, since no single delimitation rather than another rules over Him.... Hence nothing is to be attributed to Him in preference to anything else" . Wujūd must have the power of assuming every delimitation on pain of being limited by those delimitations that it cannot assume. At the same time, it transcends the forms by which it becomes delimited and remains untouched by their constraints.[3] Only He who possesses Being in Himself (wujūd dhātī) and whose Being is His very essence (wujūduhu ʿayn dhātihi), merits the name of Being. Only God can be like that.[4] On the highest level, wujūd is the absolute and nondelimited reality of God, the "Necessary Being" (wājib al-wujūd) that cannot not exist. In this sense, wujūd designates the Essence of God or of the Real (dhāt al-ḥaqq), the only reality that is real in every respect. On lower levels, wujūd is the underlying substance of "everything other than God" (mā siwā Allāh)—which is how Ibn Arabi and others define the "cosmos" or "universe" (al-ʿālam). Hence, in a secondary meaning, the term wujūd is used as shorthand to refer to the whole cosmos, to everything that exists. It can also be employed to refer to the existence of each and every thing that is found in the universe.[2]

edit on 11-12-2014 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-12-2014 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   

a reply to: FormOfTheLord

Saying God is the devil is hardly duality.

Ii follow the teachings of the Sufi Saint Ibn Arabi

Wujid

Mansus Hallaj

I am truth

Where the exoteric Moslems crucified him for uttering such “blasphemy”

I am also very familiar with the non dual masters, have studied their works and have no issue with their doctrines.

Waḥdat al-Wujūd

Ibn Arabi is most often characterized in Islamic texts as the originator of the doctrine of waḥdat al-wujūd, however, this expression is not found in his works and the first who employed this term was the Andalusian mystical thinker Ibn Sabin.[1] Although he frequently makes statements that approximate it, it cannot be claimed that "Oneness of Being" is a sufficient description of his ontology, since he affirms the "manyness of reality" with equal vigor.[2] In his view, wujūd is the unknowable and inaccessible ground of everything that exists. God alone is true wujūd, while all things dwell in nonexistence, so also wujūd alone is nondelimited (muṭlaq), while everything else is constrained, confined, and constricted. Wujūd is the absolute, infinite, nondelimited reality of God, while all others remain relative, finite, and delimited.[3] Since wujūd is nondelimited, it is totally different from everything else. Whatever exists and can be known or grasped is a delimitation and definition, a constriction of the unlimited, a finite object accessible to a finite subject. In the same way, wujūd's self-consciousness is nondelimited, while every other consciousness is constrained and confined. But we need to be careful in asserting wujūd's nondelimitation. This must not be understood to mean that wujūd is different and only different from every delimitation. The Shaykh is quick to point out that wujūd's nondelimitation demands that it be able to assume every delimitation. If wujūd could not become delimited, it would be limited by its own nondelimitation. Thus "He possesses nondelimitation in delimitation" Or, "God possesses nondelimited wujūd, but no delimitation prevents delimitation. Rather, He possesses all delimitations, so He is nondelimited delimitation, since no single delimitation rather than another rules over Him.... Hence nothing is to be attributed to Him in preference to anything else" . Wujūd must have the power of assuming every delimitation on pain of being limited by those delimitations that it cannot assume. At the same time, it transcends the forms by which it becomes delimited and remains untouched by their constraints.[3] Only He who possesses Being in Himself (wujūd dhātī) and whose Being is His very essence (wujūduhu ʿayn dhātihi), merits the name of Being. Only God can be like that.[4] On the highest level, wujūd is the absolute and nondelimited reality of God, the "Necessary Being" (wājib al-wujūd) that cannot not exist. In this sense, wujūd designates the Essence of God or of the Real (dhāt al-ḥaqq), the only reality that is real in every respect. On lower levels, wujūd is the underlying substance of "everything other than God" (mā siwā Allāh)—which is how Ibn Arabi and others define the "cosmos" or "universe" (al-ʿālam). Hence, in a secondary meaning, the term wujūd is used as shorthand to refer to the whole cosmos, to everything that exists. It can also be employed to refer to the existence of each and every thing that is found in the universe.[2]

What in gods name are you going on about? You can choose to believe whatever you want about god or satan, dont really matter to me. In my opinion satan is the false ego which decieves one from knowing the truth of unity and oneness of god. However non duality means there is no two there is only one, always has been one always will be one. For example every number is just part of infinity. Get it, got it, gooooood.

Heres a Buddist lesson in non duality:

Nondualism, also called non-duality, refers to the nonduality of absolute and relative (advaya) in the Mahayana Buddhist tradition, the non-difference of Ātman/soul and Brahman/god in the Advaita Vedanta tradition, and "nondual consciousness",the non-duality of subject and object.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join