It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I would like to apologize for some recent comments

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Let me start out by saying that I hate these threads. They usually come off as disingenuous and attention seeking. I'm sure this will too, but I feel like I was a jackass to a number of people and don't have a better way to reach out. I was contemplating sending U2Us, but I don't even know all the names.

So in another thread (if you're curious here's where I start) I was pretty nasty about past projects and the site not listening to members complaints. I'm not going to get into why I was in a foul mood, but I was and frankly felt like venting and it took me awhile to realize I was doing it in the wrong place. Not that it's an excuse, I was certainly being a jackass.

To anyone that's worked on any of the member driven projects, I really do want to say I'm sorry. Some of the things I said were highly insulting. I was a bit unaware so many of these projects were member driven. I want to state on record that I really do appreciate the members here who take the time to produce new content, and share a little bit of themselves with the rest of us. It's pretty neat that it's allowed, even encouraged here. I made a bunch of assumptions about why certain things have gone away, not thinking about the myriad of possible reasons unseen by me. Members here are great, and it's admirable that people are willing to put themselves out there for the sake of discussion and information sharing.

I was thinking about those side projects backwards. Instead of thinking about them as member driven and allowed, I was thinking about them as site driven. Turns out all of that is wrong, and it's difficult to keep that kind of thing going when real life is also happening at the same time for so many. Skeptic did a good job sorting me out on those points.

I'd also like to say that I realize I was wrong about ATS not listening to member feedback. I think it was Zazzafrazz who pointed out that at the inception of NLBS there were pilot episodes, and members were encouraged to give feedback. Same thing when the new site design rolled out.

So basically thank you members, thank you members and moderators that go above and beyond, thanks ATS for fostering an environment that encourages members to participate.

It's a rare site where arguing with moderators or owners doesn't involve at least a post removal. I've always been very impressed by that. Still am.

Thanks for reading, and again apologies, especially to members that put in extra time.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Sounded genuine to me. I personally don't remember reading any rude comments from you. I have read rude comments from other members, and was kinda hoping this thread was authored by one of those in particular.

Anyway, kudos for putting your sincere apology out there.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Thanks Domo.

Too many egos, too many butt hurts. Many of us can be pernickety.

Refreshing to read this from you.
We can all be like puppies and snip and bite and push boundaries.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   

What She Said.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   

You have done nothing to offend me...but I just have to say... your apology is wonderful.

I send to you...

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: new_here

Sounded genuine to me.

It really was. I went back today and read through those posts, and it's been kind of gnawing at me.

I personally don't remember reading any rude comments from you.

I'm not always very tactful. I forget it's the internet and think my tone comes across much differently than intended fairly often. In this instance I was certainly a jerk. Often I think people take the way I phrase things the wrong way. Most of the things are said with a smile, even when I'm arguing. I actually have been trying to be more diplomatic in my posts.

Anyway, kudos for putting your sincere apology out there.

Well thank you. I hope you have a wonderful week!

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   
You're Avatar is a cat. Cats are rude self centered individuals. Now If you were to convert to a mouse, you would just be a pest.

I haven't seen you being too bad. Oh, I get it, maybe I can't tell because I am always that way

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Cats are rude self centered individuals.

Dude, they're alien camcorders!

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   

How did I not know of that thread?

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Bad Domo1. You let majority rule diminish your rightful claim to opinion.

Here's my take, if it's user generated, but the site potentially can earn up to 280k a year.

we can have input.

I don't, mind you.. I like how it runs pretty much.

But it should be an option, for reasonable, open, discussion. Otherwise, it does, at times, come across as the hand that feeds is the hand that bleeds...

It's why I keep my hands in my pockets... and I'll be damned if those rumors continue. I AM NOT.

Oo

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ecossiepossie

What She Said.

Thats what she said!!

Aww now I'm confused...

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
You're Avatar is a cat. Cats are rude self centered individuals. Now If you were to convert to a mouse, you would just be a pest.

I haven't seen you being too bad. Oh, I get it, maybe I can't tell because I am always that way

He needs but cease to rue the day, and challenge the gods to give him graceful opportunity to validate his mettle on the field of combat in such matters. And if they deny it, to take it to Valhalla and seek out the gods themselves, to put them to test. And when he is victorious...

we can complain about the forums in safety.

this could all just be in my head however...

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: sn0rch

I'm not bowing to any pressure and have no problem posting things that I know the vast majority won't like. I've done it before and will keep doing it. I post what I think, and sometimes I'm wrong.

I made some claims and was an ass. I'm saying I'm sorry for that.

I don't want my mind so rigid I can't admit when I've been wrong. I'm not bowing to any sort of pressure. I don't like what I said. If I felt some sort of pressure I would make a thread about it. If I felt pressured from the owners or mods I would just leave.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: sn0rch

What She Said.

Thats what she said!!

Aww now I'm confused...

Many people have been surprised that I'm a guy. I think the cat avatar throws them. Wait, let me check something, yup that's a penis.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   

LOL I could tell you were a guy right away. And I know it's OT but I knew it haha.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Ahh.. in that case, if it's an honest decision, I applaud you man. That is the way things need to work.

but as I read that thread, I saw you seemingly, dwindle under the weight of power from those who posted against you.

My bad. As long as you are reconciled within yourself, this goes all the way to rectifying things, in my books !!

You've just proven to me that you have true character.

not many people do that...

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

originally posted by: sn0rch

What She Said.

Thats what she said!!

Aww now I'm confused...

Many people have been surprised that I'm a guy. I think the cat avatar throws them. Wait, let me check something, yup that's a penis.

Implying girls cant ha... waittt.. how did it get here.. Oo

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   

To be honest I admired your comments and the way you stood up for your opinion. I did not find it rude, just blunt maybe. I love this site, that does not mean that we should have to cower in the darkness for fear of our overlords. One thing I have always admired is that TPTB here do listen. No one learns or grows without some shaking up. I seriously doubt that the owners of ATS want only "Yes" men around them. Not everyone gets to be called an ass by Bill. lol It sort of seems funny to me today. We are family, we argue.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 03:10 AM
link   

I read the remaining pages i had not already, and you have nowt to apologise for, SO gets snarky, very defensive and irritable in many such threads.

No need for you to think your conduct was unbecoming, your comments were generally spot on imo.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: sn0rch

Valhalla is overrated. They only serve Old Milwaukee and Pabst beer there. You have to look at the fine print on the text.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join