It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama’s immigration taunt: Next president won’t dare reverse my executive action

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   

President Obama insisted Tuesday that his successor won’t take the political risk that would come with reversing his recent executive action on immigration reform. Read more: www.washingtontimes.com...

Speaking at a town-hall meeting in Nashville, the president said it’s “theoretically” possible that the next administration could undo the amnesty Mr. Obama has granted to more than 4 million illegal immigrants, but he assured a supportive crowd that such a step it is extremely unlikely. Read more: www.washingtontimes.com...

Hmmm.

Well that is pretty arrogant.

Considering:

Obama: Undoing the Bush Administration One Order at a Time

The order was just the latest in a string of early decisions the president has made that overturn a broad spectrum of policies practiced by former President George W. Bush’s administration.

Dunno why he thinks his EO's are set in stone.

EO's can be undone rather easily.

It’s true a future administration might try to reverse some of our policies. But I’ll be honest with you — the American people basically have a good heart and want to treat people fairly and every survey shows that if, in fact, somebody has come out and subjected themselves to a background check, registered, paid their taxes, the American people support allowing them to stay. So any future administration that tried to punish people for doing the right thing, I think, would not have the support of the American people,” Mr. Obama said. “It’s true, theoretically, a future administration could do something that I think would be very damaging. It’s not likely, politically, that they reverse everything we’ve done.” Read more: www.washingtontimes.com...

Doing the right thing ?

Doing the right thing would be not rewarding those people who think they are above the law.

“I understand those concerns, but as I said, they’re not new. We’ve had these concerns since the Irish and Italians and Poles were coming to Boston and New York,” he said. “But what our history and the facts show is, generation after generation, immigrate have been a net plus to our economy and a net plus to our society.” Read more: www.washingtontimes.com...

What history, and facts show ?

Like this history and FACTS?

The Page Act of 1875. the first act restricting immigration.

The Chnese Exclusion Act 1882 allowed to suspend Chinese immigration, and BAN for a decade.

The Immigration Act of 1917 Barred Zone for Asians.

And the Emergency Quota Act of 1921 limiting annual immigration from ANY given country to 3%.

en.wikipedia.org...

Seems to me the next Potus could undo his EO rather easily since numerous examples exist.

edit on 9-12-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Hes damn right, there all tools,. youll get to vote for jeb bush lucky you lol

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Thread title... "They wouldn't dare"...

What he actually said... "It's not likely"...

It's not even a case of taken out of context...

This is just another Obama bash.

Have fun.
edit on 9-12-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Plenty of people are having fun with the truthfest concerning Mr. Do Nothing. Because his administration is no different than the rest. Lying, scheming, backroom deals, corruption and the people lose more rights. I can guarantee the next president will have the same ideology as this one, it's all planned with this farce of a gov.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
F

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I don't believe Obama actually signed the thing yet.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
His conceited attitude.

Like nobody can ever question him.

What a brat.

and the best part is, he couldn't even make an E.O.

He used 2 Presidential Memoranda

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

When someone even questions him he acts like a child and threatens people. Clearly this is not a man who can handle dissenting opinions.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
I don't believe Obama actually signed the thing yet.

He hasn't done an EO on this. He's gotten so powerful that a mere suggestion out of his mouth, conveying his opinions and desires are enough to enact new laws and mandates.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
His conceited attitude.

Like nobody can ever question him.

What a brat.

and the best part is, he couldn't even make an E.O.

He used 2 Presidential Memoranda

LOL then it's even more easy to undo!

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   
The problem isn't him, the problem lies with the old guard republicans that are afraid of losing the vote by supporting their financial backers who just happen to be the same corporations seeking cheep labor. Politics my friend...... no game like it in the world!
edit on 9-12-2014 by twohawks because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: twohawks

No the problem lies with all politicians. They all do the same thing. Exploit loop holes, line their pockets for retirement, and fight like children over which parties corporate funders get the next benefit.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Here comes the new boss, same as the old boss... thats why Barry is right.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
A couple of days ago, there was a protest against the president's immigration plan in front of the White House. At least a few people are extremely upset with this plan, and some of these protestors branded the president a traitor - some called for violence.

Their jokes weren't particularly funny, either. Pretty disgusting remarks.

top topics

join