It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The most infuriating details of the torture report that people are posting to Twitter

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
From the RawStory

As soon as the long-awaited Senate report on Bush-era CIA torture of detainees was released to the Internet today, readers began mining it for the most outrageous examples of brutality, malfeasance, profiteering, and cover-up they could find.

We’ve collected some of the ones that caught our eye. What gems did you uncover? Post them in the comments.

click to read some posts

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ugmold

The only surprise, here, is that people are surprised.

Imagine what they're NOT telling us.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

and yet people kept voting all the scumbags from both sides back into office. go figure.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Saddening methods mentioned. Enemy combatants or not,... the rebuttal that "they" would do worst to us,... we are all humans and this report breaks my heart.

Friend or foe,... this is what happens when we allow our minds to dehumanize another. I'm not a Christian, but when love our enemies and bless those who curse us,... we will find ways to heal the root-causes of societal ailment, rather than torturing individuals who are an end-result manifestation of our collective global relationships.

We need patience, dialogue, compassion, understanding, and love,.... not more war or torture. Nothing else to say.

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   

The UN is calling for the names of the interrogators for prosecution. I have a much better idea,why doesn't the UN DEMAND that Bush and all the elites that okayed this be brought before a UN trial and be prosecuted? You all did it with Hitler and his henchmen,and ALL the Nazi's you could get your hands on. So it should be no different for this. They are saying that they are releasing this so it never happens again. Bull#,the only way that it will never happen again is if these people that all okayed this are brought to trial. Then the USA would know beyond a shadow of a doubt,that they too are subjected to the rules they signed with the UN. That these rules don't just apply to other countries that have fallen into disfavor with us,but to us as well.

HANG 'EM HIGH

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

Because then they'd have to go after Clinton, since he's the one who actually kicked off extraordinary rendition

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Good for them posting it. I wish they'd also post what the "enemy" (I know they're a sham too) does to people. But I know, expose torture as long as the perpetrators are right.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: thishereguy

Does not matter if yo vote left or right but it does matter to both of them if a real 3rd party drops in and then they go into over drive to stop them.

So who's next, will it be Jed Bush or Mrs Clinton in a country where anyone can be the president.

The system is broken and half truths about the CIA breaking international law won't jail anyone, won't change a thing even if 200m tweets are sent.

We act like sheep, get treated like sheep

+12 more 
posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
When our country began this, America lost its integrity, humanity, honor, and spirit. We became the very thing that we claimed to be fighting against.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   

yay another tool to distract you with and just in time to carry on the anti authority movement.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Why would this be excluded from any anti-authority movement?

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

I don't think people are surprised that torture was going on but by methods employed.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: VirusGuard

yeah, that lesser of two evils thingy.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I'm weeping for this poor guy that ran terrorist training camps and plotted the deaths of thousands of innocent people. This guy has a death sentence on his head in Jordan already. He enjoyed his position and power when he was a terrorist leader now it's time to pay the piper.
Torture and rape were this man's friends and allies for decades and karma's a bitch.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae
The difference is, the Nazis lost... victors dont get prosecuted :/

a reply to: abe froman
An eye for an eye means we're no better than him. It means we are what we're fighting against

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't torture anyone, or did it just to piss off and create stronger enemies before they released some of the detainees.

It is not like this wasn't a calculated disclosure. Create the next big panic for justification of their existence.
A push for even more social unrest here, or enticing an enemy abroad. There is no other reason for disclosing this info.

Planned release of disgusting and despicable behavior would either:

A. Piss off Americans.
-Lead to more rioting or stoke the existing riots.
-Increase the police state and remove more rights.
-Lead to martial law.
-Show msm viewers that protestors are unstable allowing public to agree with classifications and actions against them.
-Attempt to discredit one political party. Politics
-Distraction from all the other gov caused problems. IRS, Banks, Corporations, scandals etc...

B. Piss off others.
- UN planned intervention plan, to get them involved. Small arms treaty etc...nwo
-Anger other countries, cause retaliation.
-Justify more war profits after a retaliation takes place.

You don't need to call Cleo to see what odd news has been released by the gov owned media lately.
I have to question the motives behind everything now.

Even such things as Snowden. I wouldn't be surprised if the nsa didn't even have the surveillance in place at the time of the "leak", they were probably testing the sheep water out before implementation or using it for outright control by intimidation.
I mean, he was located in several airports, if they wanted him, they would have had him. He was reporting by design, in my opinion.

It was entertaining theater anyway..just look at the twitters responding. Rah rah rah

edit on 12 by Mandroid7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Oh that Snowden. If he really had any secrets to release he would've disappeared and his vanishing act would've probably been covered on some obscure blog with no "sources". That's how it is. He was a total tool and as usual people fell for it.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

I was kinda hoping he could throw us ats'rs a bone.
Like some little green men or warp drive stuff!!
But he's a congenial spokesperson, that's for sure.
I feel ripped off again...lol

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Yeah hate to tell you but things only get posted on sites like this if they're not considered a threat. I can imagine sites like this have had posters reveal info then they end up dead or they're never found. The sites don't do it, TPTB do.

"I just wrote an incredible thread!!" *internet error of some kind* *power outage* *connection lost* etc. If they don't prevent you from posting the info by creating inconveniences, by making you look unreliable and not credible, by hacking accounts......they kill you.

Again, not the sites, just people who make sure the public stays stupid.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   
So when does the CIA get gutted/over-hauled?

How can this rogue agency be allowed to remain operational in it's current form?

Oh wait, we'll all lose interest when the next sports fugure scandal pops up or a celebrity sex tape or a natural disaster.

Whatever happens, pay no mind to the man behind the curtain, he's just a rogue agent.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join