It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the pirate bay raided by swedish police: site down

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: MikhailBakunin

i still think there are good movies being made.
for every crap movie there is a good one and for every good one there is a great one.
thats my take on it

cage is still putting out good stuff.

dying of the light was good. joe was awesome.
he did a voice in the croods. i enjoy me some animated films.
hell, even takarev was good.

there is so much more than what is released to the theaters...
you see nightcrawler yet?

you should man....thats a great movie
edit on 10-12-2014 by Grovit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grovit
a reply to: MikhailBakunin

i still think there are good movies being made.
for every crap movie there is a good one and for every good one there is a great one.
thats my take on it

cage is still putting out good stuff.

dying of the light was good. joe was awesome.
he did a voice in the croods. i enjoy me some animated films.
hell, even takarev was good.

there is so much more than what is released to the theaters...
you see nightcrawler yet?

you should man....thats a great movie
i actually just posted the link to it earlier lol

I constantly am reading reviews on new releases and constantly trying to find old gems from long ago (Kurosawa! Genius!) There's a watchable version of the judge on the bay. That movie had me in tears even though Downey didn't seem right for the part.... I'm waiting for a watchable version of gone girl.... But yeah I've been a huge fan of Jake gyllenhal even before broke back mountain.

I'm still devastated with heath ledger
also Phillip Seymour Hoffman. These are people that I think in their own respect were pillars of Hollywood, gone! :/ sure, we got peter Jackson raping Tolkien for all his worth and is wrong on so many levels but the golden age of Hollywood is rolling in its grave. Best scavenge and desecrate the carcass before there's nothing left....

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: MikhailBakunin
i actually just posted the link to it earlier lol

I constantly am reading reviews on new releases and constantly trying to find old gems from long ago (Kurosawa! Genius!) There's a watchable version of the judge on the bay. That movie had me in tears even though Downey didn't seem right for the part.... I'm waiting for a watchable version of gone girl.... But yeah I've been a huge fan of Jake gyllenhal even before broke back mountain.

I'm still devastated with heath ledger
also Phillip Seymour Hoffman. These are people that I think in their own respect were pillars of Hollywood, gone! :/ sure, we got peter Jackson raping Tolkien for all his worth and is wrong on so many levels but the golden age of Hollywood is rolling in its grave. Best scavenge and desecrate the carcass before there's nothing left....

ive had the judge on my computer for a couple weeks. just have not got around to it yet.
been waiting for gone girl too. i think that is going to be good.

you see gone baby gone yet?
www.imdb.com...

thats a good one.

i like gylenhall. he has come a log way since october sky and bubble boy.

i first took note of him in donnie darko.
he has been in some killer stuff. brokeback was great.
also, jarhead, prisoners, brothers, source code, proof, end of watch, the good girl.
all good films.

as far as heath, i could take him or leave him.
i know everyone was all over his balls for the joker..i liked that role too
my favorites of his was 10 things i hate about you and candy.

i like phillip seymore heroin too.
good character actor although i can rarely think of him without thinking of the movie along came polly.
when he was shooting hoops throwing up bricks every time but yelling 'rain dance' and 'rain drops'

ever see ghost dog?
you might like it. forrest whitaker is a hitman. he reads rashomon and follows hagure.
www.imdb.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 01:55 AM
link   
honestly shocked this thread hasnt been shut down yet,

It is not T&C friendly, to share links to torrenting sites. and this thread has so much of that going on,
edit on 12/10/14 by pryingopen3rdeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 03:36 AM
link   
ATTENTION ALL

Please keep the TERMS AND CONDITIONS in mind when replying in thread:

16b.) HaXor: You will not use the Websites for the purposes of sharing or distributing viruses, licenses, registration information, software keys, "cracks," or other information designed to do harm to or allow unlawful access to any computer hardware, software, networks, or any other systems. You will also not link to sites that contains discussion of such material. Doing so will result in removal of your Post(s) and immediate termination of your account.

Advocating Pirated/Illegal material may result in account termination.

Thank you for your cooperation.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

It seems that some people are wining because their millions are not growing hard enough...

edit on 10/12/2014 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Cut off one head, two more shall take it's place.

edit on 10-12-2014 by LionOfGOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Yep, it's the equivalent of trying to fight the tide.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   
They said the very same thing about Demonoid and yet there it is, up and running and as good as before. Torrent is never gonna end. No matter what the establishment does, people always gonna find ways to bypass it.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Telos
They said the very same thing about Demonoid and yet there it is, up and running and as good as before. Torrent is never gonna end. No matter what the establishment does, people always gonna find ways to bypass it.

i agree.
like i said, tpb being down really does not matter. it makes no difference. its not like there are torrents that have been erased.
one thing i already miss though is looking through the top 100 in the movies section.
that was my go to morning thing.
just browsing...you know

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   

You have that in Demonoid to, just go to top torrents then to movies. There are not 100 but still all the latest one. Besides, Demonoid is also very safe in the regard of viruses. Something that you cannot say about TPB.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   

lol YES! The top100 browsing was always such a fun thing to do. Just browsing of course and thinking to myself, what new dvd to purchase!

As for TPB being down , it's true that it really doesn't make a lot of difference. If people are intent on finding something they will and we all have this free wonderful site called Google that does the trick, just like TPB. I'm just shocked they haven't closed that one down too (since all they're doing is banning sites that re-direct people somewhere else to download files) Here in Iceland they recently put a ban on the original TPB link as well as an Icelandic torrent site. Soon as the ban went through we just started using different proxies/mirrors since it was only the url it self that was banned. Then they might ban those eventually too and we´ll find new links to the sites. It's just a waste of time really...

Lastly...I've no worries about the pirate bay, it will be back up. Probably stronger than ever.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Verse

all one needs to do is search google

yify

rarbg

edit on 10-12-2014 by Grovit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
We should be rallying as a nation behind the unfortunate leaders of the Pirate Bay sites. They are heroes. There should be outcry equal to or beyond the Ferguson situation to support these guys and what we stand to lose(even more).

We could make a difference with this if people were loud enough about this, but all I see(not here) is the majority continuing their infighting and ignorance in the world.

WTF happened to our voice for liberty? Where did it go and why?
edit on 10-12-2014 by gottaknow because: added info.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 01:40 AM
link   
It's pretty bad!
TPB is a mother of all torrent sites, a mother to famous port 80.

Geez, I was shocked when I was not able to access Pirate Bay via their proxy servers.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Nevermind TPB or Kickass... the newsgroups are where it's at. Yes you need a newsgroup account, about 10 clams a month... but it is soooo worth it. And you never have to worry about seeders OR seeding. Did I mention, it is SO worth it? And with a little looking around on google you can even find free trial memberships that work just as well.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I still have Bitsoup but that one is getting blocked in the UK as well...
Our Freedom is falling apart....

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: adomol

im interested but i just read a tutorial on codecguide and it sounds like a lit of crap to go through plus i have to pay.
im failing to see the advantage.
i remember hearing about newsgroups but i thought they have long been dead. you know, people were using them when it was daarpa net and computers were as big as a car
hahahha

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
hey adomol
you have a private message

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

usenets pretty much dead as a chat method but for transmission of files its very popular still but it requires more effort than just clicking a torrent and waiting, you need to know about rar/sfv/par files and while theres plenty of software out there to automate it there is a problem that its a very bulky protocol so if you are on a limited download isp you may end up downloading a lot more than the file size

I should also say its requires the server to have the actual files you want so if no one has uploaded that 1984 zombie horror flick you're after then its tough luck and all you can do is post a message asking if someone has it

<< 1  2    4 >>

join