It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Public smoking should be banned completely

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: muse7

Is there anything you do that some may find offensive? Do you drink? Swear a lot? Dress a certain way? Wear a certain perfume or cologne? So imagine someone saying whatever it is should be confined to your private property. When it applies the other way around it never feels good.

I said it before and I won't deny it, cigarette smoke makes me sick. But freedom is freedom. And plus, it isn't just recreational, it has a very extensive cultural/spiritual history in the Americas. So restricting its use is restricting not only freedom but spirituality.

ITobacco is an entheogen. One of many.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
Smoking should be confined to your private residence and no where else.

What? You mean...not even in my vinyl-migrating, diesel-particulate spewing, benzene powered 4WD, on the way through the golden arch, chicken and beef death cult restaurant...

Meat eating should be banned immediately...everywhere...the ozone is disappearing...

A99
edit on 10-12-2014 by akushla99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Whats next people who drink?
Also banning it and making people smoke at home only increases smoking around kids.
Proven fact that is.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 01:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Also banning it and making people smoke at home only increases smoking around kids.
Proven fact that is.

Let's be real if you truly cared about your kids you wouldn't smoke period.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   

What about a parent who doesn't live with their kids? So many different circumstances involved in things like this broad statements don't help honestly.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Proven fact that is.

Let's be real if you truly cared about your kids you wouldn't smoke period.

Do you support the meat industry?

A99

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Anything with a combustion engine should be banned. The fumes smell like crap and give me a bad headache. The fumes poison and give people respiratory illnesses, oh and they also kill people...

I enjoy a smoke just like some people enjoy driving...

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 02:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ezappa

Anything with a combustion engine should be banned. The fumes smell like crap and give me a bad headache. The fumes poison and give people respiratory illnesses, oh and they also kill people...

I enjoy a smoke just like some people enjoy driving...

Like I've said before, cars serve a useful purpose in society. Cigarettes do not and only exist to give smokers their daily nicotine and tobacco dose and blowing second hand smoke into the air which affect everyone around them.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 04:21 AM
link   
You know what I find offensive? Seeing drunk people shouting and stumbling down the road, swearing and making rude comments. I dont want my kids to see that and I don't drink. Therefore we should ban public drinking. Close the bars and pubs, better take away licences from restaurants too. Make people drink in their own homes only. Drinking serves no productive purpose after all. In fact why not just ban drinking altogether? Would save a lot of money on public services and I wouldn't have to smell rancid morning after beer breath on public transport anymore.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: christmaspig

I hope that post is in jest.
Sorry a world without booze is a boring dull world.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Blimey I bet the op and the guy above my last post are fun at parties....
So anything else you want to ban?.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Ok...reading the thread to this point, it seems that most are against your idea of banning smoking because....well, it's all already written here, so.

Anyways,

What is the purpose of smoking other than fulfilling your nicotine addiction and exhaling toxic carcinogenic fumes?

I'll just stop right here and answer this one question, from a smokers standpoint....

...it...keeps...me...from....killing....others.

That is all I have to say about that.

Ban this banning everything sh#t...that is what I advocate!

edit on 10-12-2014 by Jakal26 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   

that crap smells horrendous, just the smell of the smoke is enough to give me a head ache for hours. Surprisingly I tried to smoke a cigarette once and never again will I attempt something that stupid.

I seriously don't know how people can smoke that crap. I had a headache for days along with a sore throat. No one should be subjected to those foul smells and toxic fumes.

Why?

you haven't really stated anything that would support banning other you don't like it.

Many public places have smoking bans here in Australia, tram and train stations, venues such as clubs and restaurants have banned it, I even believe there is an attempt to ban smoking on the beach.

I think humans should be banned from this planet as all we do is make each others lives more difficult trying to push our own ways onto others instead live and let live.

I think you should be banned from the public because your opinions disgust me

That is a joke but seriously can add something that might your opinion some weight?

Edit: Didn't realize the thread was 6 pages already,

Sorry if Muse did add some weight to their opinion, will read the whole thread and see If I have anything else to say on the matter.
edit on 10-12-2014 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

I'm sorry, but not sure if I really am, just trying to be civil here but, once You realize how many toxins are in the air in general, in the foods You eat, in the water You drink, You will see how silly this Rant is. Once the smoke is in the air, it is so thinned out, I wouldn't think it is very harmful at all. Why don't You try to have Soda Pop Banned from being consumed in public. When You drink it, there are vapors that arise from the container that get into our system, and that is unhealthy. I mean really?! Wow. Just Wow......
edit on 10-12-2014 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Hello authoritarian.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Don't have them but I don't smoke near kids anyhow.
If kids are near a smoking shelter it is their own dam fault though.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Like I've said before, cars serve a useful purpose in society. Cigarettes do not and only exist to give smokers their daily nicotine and tobacco dose and blowing second hand smoke into the air which affect everyone around them.

People like you are interesting. You seem to have a god-complex.

If something benefits you--then any harm it may cause doesn't matter--and vice versa.

Your subjectiveness is disgusting.

Seriously, if I knew that I wouldn't go to prison, I would make a sport out of hunting authoritarians such as yourself.

I could use your head as an ashtray in honor of your memory.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

I agree smoking is horrendous BUT you didn't have headache or a sore throat due to the second hand smoke. You're exaggerating to try to prove a point.

also saying people can't smoke in public is really stupid, they are legally buying a product and they already dont smoke in bars anymore. People used to smoke inside ALL day long. be happy with the progress

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   

But car, buses and trucks, and airplanes do actually serve a useful purpose aka transportation. They take people to their jobs, and to the hospitals and to school.

What is the purpose of smoking other than fulfilling your nicotine addiction and exhaling toxic carcinogenic fumes?

The purpose? My pleasure. Live and let live. You have no problem that the internal combustion engine spews out carcinogens when there are other viable "suppressed" technologies out there that will never see the light of day.

How about you rant on that?

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   

I had a headache for days along with a sore throat. No one should be subjected to those foul smells and toxic fumes.

I agree with that, your automobile, your riding the bus, train/flying in a jet or plane/ your cooking food/ your heating exhaust from your home/ your household cleaning chemicals/ the smells created whilst they make your clothing/your energy production and waste byproducts make me ill.

I could go on and on maybe others will dare to add to the list....If I want a smoke whilst I observe ten jets fly overheard in the 8 minutes I am standing outside and someone tells me I am killing them I will surely give them five up the side and point up.

Regards, Iwinder

edit on 10-12-2014 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join