It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLICE BRUTALITY at a peaceful student protest UK Warwick University

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
(*sorry guys, I know this belongs in "Posse Comitatus", but I don't have enough posts or something, hopefully a mod can move it for me
really sorry)

YouTube have taken this video down. They're tasering, grabbing and CS spraying these kids during a peaceful free education protest. You can hear them screaming, they sound terrified.

www.facebook.com...

(*heads up, video contains strong language)

I'm trying to share this around as much as I can. Police brutality seems to be on the rise...or maybe we're just noticing it more.

Either way, this is totally wrong, and I wanted to share it with you.

Namaste.
edit on 1931pmTue, 09 Dec 2014 16:51:19 -060009000000193122 by stardust22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Sounds like good ole blighty, wonder if the BBC will report it LOL. Probably not, too much X-Factor and Celebrity Jungle to report on.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
We are certainly living in sad and violent times, but I do hope the student's take this a step further and sue the officers or whoever in the university allowed this to take place. I am also for free education, considering higher education is a must for survival out there. Should we prepare ourselves for the next phase, where all forms of protest will be outlawed?
edit on 9-12-2014 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
On the bright side, they're not here in the US.
You'd have cops in riot gear with tear gas, rubber bullets, bean bag rounds, some of them just itching to use live rounds, tasers and probably water cannons waiting outside. More than a few would probably be arrested, right after they were treated at the nearest hospital.
From what I saw in the video, the cops starting pushing students around and then called it violence. Doesn't matter which side of the pond you're on, they love to crack heads.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
If the state is using force against the people at a protest then the people will have no option but to use force against the state.

No suprise that Youtube pulled a video but much worse than that is YT uses oft censorship to hide interesting uploads and google puts such incidents on page ten so unless you know the exact term to type in to the google search then you would never learn about it.

Frackiing protests is where it will realy kick off as they try to poision the water tables around the world and then we will see just who's side our pig police are on.
edit on 9-12-2014 by VirusGuard because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: stardust22

Holy freakin loss of control. Jesus

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

We are certainly living in sad and violent times, but I do hope the student's take this a step further and sue the officers

The state would stop any prosection in the courts, its all fixed and the judges are on the same payroll as the police.

Talking won't work but people turning on the state en-mass will work even if it cost blood

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I'm not getting the brutality part.....all I see is a bunch of kids screaming and shouting and the police trying to stop them from entering that room at the back?

The worst I seen in that video was a cop put a guy in a headlock and push him to the other side of the room....

Don't get me wrong, I hate police brutality as much as the next sane person, I'm just not seeing it in that video (and if I am mistaken, I would appreciate someone pointing it out)

Police sometimes need to a be a little (emphasis on little) heavy handed in certain situations otherwise they can get out of control...the nicey nicey approach doesn't always work.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: VirusGuard

Suing somebody and being prosecuted are two completely different things, just for your general fund of knowledge.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: VirusGuard

Suing somebody and being prosecuted are two completely different things, just for your general fund of knowledge.

I want to know why the university staff allowed the police to manhandle or physically engage the students in any way, for such a long period of time.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: woogleuk

Can you not hear the taser? Do you not see the girl being grabbed and thrown aside? Do you think kids should be treated this way by the very people who are supposed to protect them, just for peacefully standing up for what they believe in?

I'm not comparing it to more severe form of violence from police, but that doesn't make this any less bad. You can't condone one level of violence, just because worse exists.
edit on 0931pmTue, 09 Dec 2014 18:37:09 -060009u093122 by stardust22 because: extending my reply

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Sorry, that came out unnecessarily rudely. I just think I'm a bit shocked really. My apologies for how a lot of my previous response was phrased. I'd edit it, but I'm past the window of opportunity.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   

I completely agree with you. Also we don't know what was going on before this, they weren't exactly sat there all peaceful from what I saw.

If you enter the personal space of a Police officer in a situation like that, then you're going to get man handled. The crowd weren't moving back when they were asked, so the officers had up the ante.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: stardust22

No apology necessary, we all have different opinions on different situations, even those of us who agree 99% of the time will still not see eye to eye on some things.

As for the taser, if I was being an unruly college kid at a protest, I would rather 5000+v low current immobilise me than a bullet.

Also, as the poster above mentioned, we don't really get the full story from the video....so who knows what went on.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
i dont see the problem.
i wont say what i think of those students, but i dont think the police did anything wrong(except not tazing the guy with the potty mouth).
edit on 11-12-2014 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

top topics

join