It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comic And Our 44th President - Obama?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I had to really look hard

I was certain that this was all a joke, and that they picked someone that looked like President Obama to do this.

Is this for real?

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

I am pretty sure that is barry, I mean the idea of a body double isn't crazy just think that was actually him.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Here's the full bit:

Awesome. He just does Colbert. Pretty well too imo. Mocks everyone including himself.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Obama always does better when he has time to review his scripts.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
We recorded this and haven't watched it yet. Looking forward to it.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Looking at those ears is he related to prince charles over here in blighty as thats a fair pair of jug handles he's supporting

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth
Is this for real?

It's real...and pretty funny as well! I heard Obama did it for the express reason to advertise Obamacare to a young demographic that isn't really signing up for the program.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: noeltrotsky

originally posted by: Realtruth
Is this for real?

It's real...and pretty funny as well! I heard Obama did it for the express reason to advertise Obamacare to a young demographic that isn't really signing up for the program.

I think you are correct.

He went to the right forum too.

edit on Dec-09-2014 by xuenchen because:

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I just watched this on comedy central. It's pretty funny.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
That was pretty funny, he was good at keeping at straight face at some of the jokes he made about himself

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I laughed when he took a jab at himself..."The president wouldn't go on a comedy show...it's beneath his dignity..but above his approval ratings"

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
You know what is almost as funny as this segment but infinitely more depressing?

Since this aired I have heard/read at least a dozen comparisons to Roman Emperors, V for Vendetta, Hitler and Stalin by hard core right wingers.
edit on 9-12-2014 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thorneblood
You know what is almost as funny as this segment but infinitely more depressing?

Since this aired I have heard/read at least a dozen comparisons to Roman Emperors, V for Vendetta, Hitler and Stalin by hard core right wingers.

lmao!

Who knows maybe they'll hire him after his term. lol

You know I almost have to just start laughing at the madness that is going on these days, because if I don't I swear to God Rod Sterling from the "Twilight Zone" will round the corner, and that epic music will start to play.

edit on 9-12-2014 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Colbert...sigh. The guy was a near comedic genius and I loved his early work. I liked his unique style and originality. Then he sold out big time and just became a clown and couldn't pander enough to the left once the money started rolling in.
At some point he's going to realize he has enough money, more money than he needs, and he's wasted a big chunk of his life not pursuing what he really wanted to do and that's pursuing his own creative freedom.
He's still better than Jon Stewart, the talent is there. Untapped, but there.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dutchowl
Colbert...sigh. The guy was a near comedic genius and I loved his early work. I liked his unique style and originality. Then he sold out big time and just became a clown and couldn't pander enough to the left once the money started rolling in.
At some point he's going to realize he has enough money, more money than he needs, and he's wasted a big chunk of his life not pursuing what he really wanted to do and that's pursuing his own creative freedom.
He's still better than Jon Stewart, the talent is there. Untapped, but there.

Thank you for this!!

Both Colbert and Stewart work for Viacom, to believe that they are the ones in control over what they cover is absolutely ludicrous. They poke fun at the issues that are meant to divide us and the subtly attempt to attract those in the younger generation away from the internet and critical thinking. While simultaneously giving them talking points of humor to discuss with their other misinformed youth!

I stopped watching their shows for many reasons the top 2 being, #1 the non stop Hilldog support made me sick to my stomach. #2 their unending support for "Obama"care- which is really Fascism colored with the "oh we are helping the people lens".

The Republifascists and the Demonazi's are one and the same, if either Colbert or Stewart actually wanted things to change they would never be allowed on Viacom's programming. They are simply doing a great job dividing the country further. If they were actually on point they would bash the Demonazi's and stop acting like they are trying to help people in this country, it is absurd! Repubfascists disgust me as well, so continue bashing away, simply extend it to the Demonazi's, be real about the fascism that is here and stop acting like "conspiracy theories" are to be laughed at, when they are becoming LAW!
edit on America/ChicagoTuesdayAmerica/Chicago12America/Chicago1231pmTuesday9 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join