It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Songs that remind you of a relationship,

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Okay everybody who has ever been in a relationship has a song or songs that will always remind them of that special someone so im here to ask what song reminds you of a relationship, special or not, that you were in.

so i guess i will start it, i have a few songs that remind me of a relationship that i was involved in, some are happy and some are quite sad......

The "happy" song is by a band called INME its called faster the chase, it sums up my relationship with this person as it was me that had to put a lot of work in to make it work and it felt like i was always chasing her to make it work,

seconf one ( i have a felling a few might agree with this one) is by U2 and is a song called with or without you, this one means a lot because obviously, i couldnt live with her and in many ways i cant live without her,

so its over to yous guys, what song reminds you of a special relationship in your life?

[edit on 12-12-2004 by Hunter 825]

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Hanging on a String by Loose Ends. It was playing as I met my first serious BF. Unfortunately the title proved to be prophetic.

Still a great song though!

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Your Funeral, My Trial - Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   
"Tales of Brave Ulysses" off of Cream's "Disraeli Gears"

Lost my virginity to that song.

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
The "antisong" for Frau Dr. and I would have to be the love theme from "Titanic." That groaner was on the top 20 while we were dating. Sometimes she picks up her flute and plays it just to raise my hackles. And it never fails.

"Near, far, you smoked my cigar--and now our love does, go on."

I used to do a Clinton impression while I sang it. Oh, never mind.

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Its an oldie:

"Smokey Places"

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   
"i used to love her but i had to kill her"....GUNS N ROSES!!!......sorry,thats a joke.

power of love......frankie goes to hollywood....reminds me of someone i loved a great deal once.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft

"Tales of Brave Ulysses" off of Cream's "Disraeli Gears"

Lost my virginity to that song.

It's pretty good that you remember that! There was music playing when I lost my virginity, but I have no clue what it was. My other mind was in control.

Peace

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 01:19 PM
link   
okay..

my first time, Prince - Dirty Mind was playing in the background.

other songs that remind me...

Hysteria - Def Leppard

You've Really Got A Hold On Me - Smokey Robinson

I Can't Make You Love Me - Bonnie Rait

Take Me With You - Prince

The Other Woman - Ray Parker Jr.

Lady - Little River Band

Escape - The Pina Colada Song..... Rupert Holmes

Take Time To Know Her - Percy Sledge

In Your Eyes - Peter Gabriel

ahhh there's so many ....

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Well eveytime my first wife came home, Elton John's "The Bitch is Back" came to mind.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Well eveytime my first wife came home, Elton John's "The Bitch is Back" came to mind.

hahaha!

Actually I have a very serious problem at the moment. Most of the damn music I listen to reminds me of an ex in one way or another at the moment, as do alot of movies so I'm basically just going without to avoid being reminded.

I'm being seriously deprived I tell you, there's some damn good stuff I'm avoiding.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 04:02 PM
link   
"Don't come around here no more" by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers and "Roses" by Outkast both remind me of my former girlfriend.

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 08:06 PM
link   
well, for me, its roulette by system of a down.
not supposed to be a love song i dont think, but we both like it and it means something special to me and her. ahhhhh, young love!

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Boys II Men: End of the Road

Rob Base: It takes 2

Wayne Wonder: Saddest Day

posted on Jan, 13 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   
yeap "Gloomy Sunday," Sarah Brightman does an excellent rendition of it.

posted on Jan, 14 2005 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Your Funeral, My Trial - Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds

haha, havent heard the song, but the title pretty much says it all bout her/him

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   
For me, it would be "the Reason" by hoobastank...it was and is a great song, but i cant listen to it because it just brings back the heartache.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   
"Holding Back the Years, " Simply Red and "Tainted Love," Soft Cell.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Ok, Unchained Melody by the Rightous Brothers remind me of my last husband...

Signed, Sealed, Delivered by Stevie Wonder reminds me of my first husband...and a song called Smiling Faces Sometimes by I can't remember who it is by...

I can't think of a song the reminds me of my late husband...how sad!

Little Wing by Jimi Hendrix reminds me of my current relationship of 2 1/2 years.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I was talking with someone I have met some time ago.. and its been like a really good dream these past few weeks.. each time we talk we get closer, it seems like we have known each other forever. We've not met yet in person... However we plan to.

Last night while talking, a song came up in random play.. And the meaning fit the moment.. to me it was perfect.. Strange how it really was so perfect!!

The song is Do or Die by Papa Roach

To me the message was clear... Its never too late to live your life, the time is now its do or die. Its never too late to live your life, the time is now its yours and mine.

Gazz

top topics

<<   2 >>

join