It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Listening to John McCain speak is making my blood boil

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I turned on the hearing right as John McCain spewed this horse s__t !

"THE TRUTH IS SOMETIMES USED BY OUR ENEMIES TO HURT US"

He then goes on to describe how these tortures didn't produce any reliable information, how this was undertaken by 2 private contractors instead of the CIA. How the contractors disobeyed the CIA and how many of the operatives were not authorized by the CIA. The woman who spoke before McCain described in detail the various methods of torture which, to me, could only be carried out by sadistic and twisted human beings who I assume have no humanity left.

McCain did his best to try and defend these animals as "protectors of liberty" ... as did Bush before the report was released. Of course the footage of these acts and this interrogation was destroyed before they could be viewed by this committee.

Here is the link to the story that RT posted after the live stream ended. rt.com...

I'm at work so I cant write a lengthy post, I'm just so sick of hearing, "blah blah blah, wasn't the best decision, blah blah, we will not do it again, blah blah, protect liberty and freedom...." sounds just like the police saying they are going to look into retraining officers after all their brutality has been exposed...

WHEN WILL SOMETHING BE DONE TO THE PEOPLE RESPONSIBLE?! WHEN WILL THE LIP SERVICE STOP AND ACTUAL ACTIONS TAKE PLACE!

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: myartisstrong

I call him Senator Mars!

The God of War is a fitting title for that warmonger.......

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Ha. Senator Kratos

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
He was tortured in Nam, now I'm not going to excuse that in the slightest, but it makes sense that he would defend it when the shoe is on the other foot.

I think it's a shame any human feels the need to do this to others.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Is it any wonder why Obama won his first election?

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
so he admits that the contractors lacked government oversight like that somehow makes the government less accountable for what happened?
nobody is held accountable anymore which has created the perfect atmosphere for things like this to happen.
if the government didn`t know what the contractors were doing it`s only because they didn`t want to know.

ignorance is not a viable defense.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: myartisstrong
I turned on the hearing right as John McCain spewed this horse s__t !

"THE TRUTH IS SOMETIMES USED BY OUR ENEMIES TO HURT US"

He then goes on to describe how these tortures didn't produce any reliable information, how this was undertaken by 2 private contractors instead of the CIA. How the contractors disobeyed the CIA and how many of the operatives were not authorized by the CIA. The woman who spoke before McCain described in detail the various methods of torture which, to me, could only be carried out by sadistic and twisted human beings who I assume have no humanity left.

McCain did his best to try and defend these animals as "protectors of liberty" ... as did Bush before the report was released. Of course the footage of these acts and this interrogation was destroyed before they could be viewed by this committee.

Here is the link to the story that RT posted after the live stream ended. rt.com...

I'm at work so I cant write a lengthy post, I'm just so sick of hearing, "blah blah blah, wasn't the best decision, blah blah, we will not do it again, blah blah, protect liberty and freedom...." sounds just like the police saying they are going to look into retraining officers after all their brutality has been exposed...

WHEN WILL SOMETHING BE DONE TO THE PEOPLE RESPONSIBLE?! WHEN WILL THE LIP SERVICE STOP AND ACTUAL ACTIONS TAKE PLACE!

When the Human Rights start to prosecute jihadist for beheading, torture, rape... I may listen to what they have to say. In the mean time, no matter how hard it may sound, what happened there is fair game.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
The gist of the report is exactly what I expected.

Its partial… the whole document is 6k plus pages.

This "government release" is a fifth of that.

What is released is heavily redacted with black ink.

It all happened a "long time ago".

It wasn't the actual cia, just elements that were "out of control".

The best bit is Politicians were in the dark about "enhanced Interrogation techniques".

The only thing being released is the same old response to Abu Ghraib. That stuff was "leaked" and we wouldn't be hearing this bunch of excuses if the photos of that one torture prison hadn't made their way out of the secrets file.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: KROandSOTV

Yeah, but wasn't this torture about finding out who committed 9/11. Even though we knew the hijackers were all Saudis? I thought we were torturing to get info on Bin Laden.

I fully agree with you that all the ISIS guys should be publicly tortured.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

The short answer is, nothing will come of this. No one will be held accountable, no arrests will be made, no one directly responsible will be blamed or named. There will be a lot of political blathering and finger pointing by the light and right, and it will quickly disappear. The Presidents response was something to the effect of "this is troubling". Woah, calm down!

Could you imagine if you caught your teenager beating the next door neighbor kid and your reaction was "wow, that's troubling"?

If in fact it was a group of hired contractors who committed these heinous crimes without gov authorization, wouldn't you think they be rounded up and hauled into court? Nope. Nothing to see here. Likely, they will be hired again in the future for some other project.

And to rub salt in the wound, TV news is reporting that embassies are on alert. I would guess that if there is an attack (heaven forbid), those responsible for getting the report released will be blamed for the attack for not keeping the report secret, not the ones who committed the war crimes. See how that works?

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   

It was not just about finding bin bag,they needed to know if any other plots was planed aswell.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

edit on 1292014 by XP100 because: screen froze and closed. I re wrote and it posted twice. Please delete second post.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Torture is illegal. Even if your enemy tortures. Period. If you sink to the level of your torturous enemy, you are no better.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: XP100

Torture is illegal. Even if your enemy tortures. Period. If you sink to the level of your torturous enemy, you are no better.

So is holding aid workers and then beheading them,thats illegal

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   

What about beheading governments and bombing nations? Is that benign?

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

What about beheading governments and bombing nations? Is that benign?

Couldn't give a feck mate

edit on kTue, 09 Dec 2014 13:30:15 -06002014pm120915201431v by KROandSOTV because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Yes, correct, holding aid workers and beheading them IS illegal. I agree with your statement.

But, are you implying that torture is or should be legal? If so, and we are going to adopt a 'Code of Hammurabi' system of justice, where does it end? Are you willing to give up your rights of due process because you are angry? If your neighbor runs over your dog, do you simply run over his? If so, we will no longer live in a civilized nation.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: XP100

I'm not implying anything.
When bin bag and his followers decided to attack on 9/11 they didn't attack a military target,they attacked innocent people, and if it means that a few radicals got tortured to find out if there are anymore plots or where bin bag is so be it.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

You are arguing an uphill battle man, most people here know that the official story is horsesh!t. And by know, I mean whole heartedly believe. Makes you wonder why they were not interrogating Saudis.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Dude you're so far off the mark its not even funny. You're twisting comments he made around to be what you want them to be.

John McCain has been an avid opponent of these methods. From like...day one.

"Republican Sen. John McCain broke with members of his party Tuesday, lauding the release of the Senate Intelligence Committee's report on torture and decrying the use of torture as having "stained our national honor" and doing "much harm and little practical good."

"McCain, a survivor of torture himself from his Naval service during the Vietnam War, said from the Senate floor that the techniques outlined in the report "not only failed their purpose — to secure actionable intelligence to prevent further attacks on the U.S. and our allies — but actually damaged our security interests, as well as our reputation as a force for good in the world."

"McCain said that while "the truth is a hard pill to swallow...the American people are entitled to it." And he acknowledged that violence against the U.S. from the "Muslim world" is "possible..perhaps likely," but argued that America's enemies "hardly need an excuse" to attack the nation, so the good done by the release of the report should trump any security concerns."

"During his comments, McCain referenced his own experience with torture and argued that it "produces more misleading information than actionable intelligence," and that "we can and we will" win the war on terrorism without such techniques."

How any of that sounds to you like he's defending any of it, in any way, is beyond me.

Quote source: www.cnn.com...

Not sure if the link will work because I'm mobile.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join