It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate CIA Torture Report Released: "Mismanaged Dungeons"

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

You make some good points, I will settle to slightly disagree.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

The report is just now being analyzed, and I'm sure more shocking -- or not -- findings will be discovered.

Apart from the outright horrors they chose to inflict on these people...and the fact that they assigned officers that had been declared to have "anger management issues"...whatever that means in the world of Black Ops...and at least one officer that had admitted sexual assault....and that "OVER 20% of detainees" were found to be innocent detainees!...the one revelation that really struck me ...

They kidnapped a "Mentally Challenged" family member of a detainee for the soul purpose of coercing that detainee to talk!

There is a tape recording somewhere, unless the Central Intelligence Agency has destroyed it, that captures the sound of a man named Nazar Ali crying. He was a prisoner in a secret C.I.A. prison, in a foreign country where terrorists were supposed to be interrogated. But Nazar Ali, whom a Senate Select Intelligence Committee report, part of which was released on Tuesday, suggests has a developmental disability—it quotes an assessment of him as “intellectually challenged”—was no sophisticated Al Qaeda operative. It is not even clear, from what’s been released of the report, that his interrogation was an attempt to gain information, or indeed that he was properly interrogated at all. According to the report, his “C.I.A. detention was used solely as leverage to get a family member to provide information.” A footnote later in the report, where his name appears, explains that Nazar Ali’s “taped crying was used as leverage against his family member.” Left unexplained is what the American operatives did to make this man cry.

www.newyorker.com...

Jeezus H Christ!!! "OVER 20%" were held and tortured for months...even after they were discovered to be innocent...AND they were kidnapping family members to get people to talk??????????

If this one case leaked out, how many other times did they kidnap family members to "interrogate" in order to coerce someone to talk?

There is also the well known case of the CIA's "Rendition" of a 12 year old girl!

Beyond Torture: The CIA's Shameful Kidnapping of a 12-Year-Old Girl
The U.S. and U.K. collaborated to snatch Khadija al-Saadi's family in Hong Kong and deliver them into the custody of a murderous dictator.

www.theatlantic.com...

What are we willing to turn a blind eye to in our fight against "evil"???

Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster.
And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

Friedrich Nietzsche

edit on 10-12-2014 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-12-2014 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Petros312

originally posted by: truckdriver42
I know I would like a heads up when the next attack is coming down. Of course I live in the real world and I don't sit on a perch and say CIA is evil for getting information any way they could.

Torture IS an evil act, to lie about doing it IS an unethical means to an end, and to employ evil in this manner makes Americans evil too.

I know there are plenty of Americans who can't help but rationalize, stay in denial, rely on cognitive dissonance reduction, etc., but in the final analysis two wrongs never make a right. This is karma.

Umm.. Ok, so your kid is flying on an air plane and it just got hijacked and is just about to slam into a building. However, that hijacking could have been prevented with a well placed rectal hydration and a few other torture techniques.. I am sure from your moral high ground, you would rather sacrifice your kid so that misguided terrorist can then move on to your neighbors kid. Whatever..

One mans torture is another mans life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. Those that died on 9/11 were tortured by Muslims. Those the Muslims killed no longer have life, liberty and I suspect their families are far from happy. The "poor Muslims" in this report got less than what they deserved.

I know, you disagree. You are on that moral high ground sitting on that perch with the rest that hate America and all it stands for. Or to put it in your words, "I know there are plenty of Americans who can't help but rationalize, stay in denial, rely on cognitive dissonance reduction, etc.," but in the final analysis, face it.. They side with the terrorists and hate America for Americas sake...

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: truckdriver42

How about your son or daughter was one of 26 innocents picked up by mistake by the CIA and tortured and denied due process and there day in court?

You way to justify it by spinning twisted words from the constitution indicates a sick mind.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   

with the rest that hate America and all it stands for.

And what does "America" stand for?

They side with the terrorists and hate America for Americas sake...

Hello Bush! Didn't know you were here with your "your either with us or against us" BS.

You think all those that are Anti torture are anti American? Next you will say we all need torturing for being terrorists!
YEE HAAA MeRiKaN Freedom! Your Free to have any view you like! Unless it contradicts the almighty Government RAR RAR RAR!

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   

edit on 10-12-2014 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Petros312

I know I would like a heads up when the next attack is coming down. Of course I live in the real world and I don't sit on a perch and say CIA is evil for getting information any way they could.

Torture IS an evil act, to lie about doing it IS an unethical means to an end, and to employ evil in this manner makes Americans evil too.

I know there are plenty of Americans who can't help but rationalize, stay in denial, rely on cognitive dissonance reduction, etc., but in the final analysis two wrongs never make a right. This is karma.

Umm.. Ok, so your kid is flying on an air plane and it just got hijacked and is just about to slam into a building. However, that hijacking could have been prevented with a well placed rectal hydration and a few other torture techniques.. I am sure from your moral high ground, you would rather sacrifice your kid so that misguided terrorist can then move on to your neighbors kid. Whatever..

One mans torture is another mans life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. Those that died on 9/11 were tortured by Muslims. Those the Muslims killed no longer have life, liberty and I suspect their families are far from happy. The "poor Muslims" in this report got less than what they deserved.

I know, you disagree. You are on that moral high ground sitting on that perch with the rest that hate America and all it stands for. Or to put it in your words, "I know there are plenty of Americans who can't help but rationalize, stay in denial, rely on cognitive dissonance reduction, etc.," but in the final analysis, face it.. They side with the terrorists and hate America for Americas sake...

Once again: torture does not work. I'll even repeat myself: TORTURE. DOES. NOT. WORK. It's unreliable in every sense - it cannot be trusted to get you reliable results. People will say absolutely anything to stop the torture. They'll confess to anything, they'll say anything. Want to get a confession that they ate the red crayon in Mrs Egan's kindergarten class? You'll get it via torture! Want the full details to a fictitious terrorist plot to blow up the world's supply of taco shells? You'll get it via torture! It doesn't work, the report makes that very clear. Previous reports have also made that very clear. John McCain has made it very clear. And there's also the fact that by committing that very torture you have just lowered yourself to the same level as the Nazis. The same level as the terrorists. You now have no moral standing at all in the eyes of the world. It really is that simple. Torture doesn't work. Period. Underlined. With red ink.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Don't forget they would do the very same to you given the opportunity

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie
It's surprising that a Truckdriver would have no empathy toward innocent Muslims being tortured. That part really surprises me.

'Merica!

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Mismanaged dungeons

How does one manage a dungeon?

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

You are on that moral high ground sitting on that perch with the rest that hate America and all it stands for.

As of this thread, America stands for torture, i'm not sure being anywhere but on the moral high ground is the right place to be

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Mismanaged dungeons

Why with your peasant slaves of course. You keep their families in line as well. Win win for us at the top.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: yourmaker

I like your style!

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

I find it absolutely appalling that there are vile people defending torture. I truly hope that anybody associated with approving this disgusting stain be prosecuted to the fully extent of the law. Especially Bush, Cheney, and most especially John Yoo. I publicly condemn all who defend this. You are the worst among us and vigilante just is called for on your sick asses.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: yourmaker

originally posted by: Willtell
Mismanaged dungeons

Why with your peasant slaves of course. You keep their families in line as well. Win win for us at the top.

Plus you need to tidy up after all those skeleton warriors that leave bits all over the place. And the slime from the orcs... yuck.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
9/11 was so damaging to the American psyche, especially for Conservatives.

They've completely forgotten what the United States stood for.

Views on torture are a true test of the human soul. And it reveals how many conservatives have lost their way to hate and fear.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
Also, the CIA leaked artificial "classified" information to journalists in an effort to prove that the brutal torture program was working.

The report is just now being analyzed, and I'm sure more shocking -- or not -- findings will be discovered.

Disgusting news.

I am ashamed to be an American today.

The above quote represents a federal crime from the CIA.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
Disgusting news.

I am ashamed to be an American today.

The above quote represents a federal crime from the CIA.

I was listening to a radio host today who is one of the right wingers. He said he knew the information from the CIA was a lie but it was his job to disseminate it to keep the morale of citizens up.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: CX
Not that my opinion means anything, but I don't believe for one minute that the administration didn't know what was going on.

After whatever happened that day on 9/11, I think they'd have signed off on anything, or turned a blind eye to it.

So i'm not sure who to blame for the security risks this could now bring upon the US.....the CIA or the big white house there?

CX.

Exactly, other reports from even CIA sources said knowledge went all of the way up.

And it's not even debatable. Bush and the media were talking about waterboarding 10 years ago!!

For all of those who want to argue otherwise, waterboarding IS torture and illegal under international law. We hung Japanese soldiers for using it on Americans!! Fact. They were tried for torture and war crimes.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
9/11 was so damaging to the American psyche, especially for Conservatives.

They've completely forgotten what the United States stood for.

Views on torture are a true test of the human soul. And it reveals how many conservatives have lost their way to hate and fear.

I agree, conservatives and the right wing went insane after 911. "Torture is okay. International law doesn't matter. Yes Iraq had nothing to do with 911 but we can invade them anyways." Seriously. INSANE.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join