It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feast Forgotten

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I have mentioned this Feasts, the 7 feasts of Yahweh (Lord) in another thread, but decided to do my own thread about this. If you have not read my thread on Good Friday, then let me give you the conclusion.

The majority of Christians are celebrating the Crucifixion on the wrong day, because the Crucifixion could not have happened on Friday. Also a number of scholars have confirmed this in the past

Many Christians does not regard the Old Testament as relevant to our lives today. (Maybe I should do a thread about that entire topic somewhere in the future). Today I would just like to focus on the seven Feasts of Yahweh that we are commanded to keep and observe.

The Feast is as follow

1 – Passover
2 – Feast of Unleavened Bread
3 – Feast of First-fruits
4 – Feast of Weeks
5 – Feast of Trumpets
6 – Day of Atonement
7 – Feast of Tabernacles

Most of you will by this point think that I am a Jew. Well, let us first look at the facts regarding the above stated. Christians say that the Old Testament is no longer relevant because of the Crucifixion, holding the age old “It was nailed to the cross” idea. But reading the OT you will clearly see words such as “an everlasting law”. Also, when reading the NT, you will also find that יהושע (Yehoshua) said:

“Do not think that I came to destroy the Torah or the Prophets.” Mat 5:17
(The Law and the Prophets is a term used for the pre-Messianic Scriptures.)

The feast mentioned above is the Appointed times of Yahweh Elohim (Lord). “and on the appointed times of יהוה (Yahweh) our Elohim.” We are to observe the appointed times that is written about in the OT. Why? Let me show some of different verses that command us to do so.

Exodus 12:14 “– observe it as a festival, an everlasting law.”

Exodus 12:17 “– and you shall guard this day throughout your generations, an everlasting law.”

Exodus 13:24 “– and you shall guard this word as a law for you and your sons, forever.”
Leviticus 23:14 “– a law forever throughout your generations in all your dwellings.”

Leviticus 23:21 “– a law forever in all your dwellings throughout your generations.”

Leviticus 23:31 “– a law forever throughout your generations in all your dwellings.”

Leviticus 23:41 “– a law forever in your generations.”

Another point to make here is that the offerings are not necessary for us today because the Perfect Lamb has already been offered. In the future I will be doing an entire series of threads on how we should celebrate the Feasts today. Also an interesting thread on the ‘feasts of the world’ will be done after that.

But the big question arises of why this is not common knowledge among believers?
Is there a conspiracy going on, or is it just a major lack of knowledge from the religious leaders?

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: IndependentAgent

I will just ask a quick question but won't dwell on it since it isn't the main focus of your thread. However since you did mention OT as an everlasting law.. What about all those nasty commandments? The ones that command believers to kill certain people, or have capital punishment for petty offenses.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

Personally, I do not believe that we are to uphold those, because "thou shalt not kill", and following the example of Yehoshua when He answered "Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." Maybe we can have that as the main topic on another day.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Not being religious myself it seems a bit perplexing. You found the verses stating those are "laws forever" yet they are being ignored.

Those things seem to be absolutes so it makes me wonder which group if any are doing it correct. Interesting thread maybe someone can explain this.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Just to be clear, those verses are talking about the Feasts.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
"We are discharged from the law, dead to that which held us captive, so that we serve not under the old written code but in the new life of the Spirit" Romans ch7 v6

"But now that you have come to know God...how can you turn back again to the weak and beggarly spirits, whose slaves you want to be once more? You observe days and months and seasons and years! I am afraid I have laboured over you in vain". Galatians ch4 vv9-10

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Oh I understood they are about feasts to be observed. I am just perplexed that "forever and everlasting" doesn't seem to mean forever or everlasting.

Those seem like they are absolute decrees yet many disagree. Such a thing can have far reaching implications.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   

The meaning of the words as it was written ages ago, means "Always, continuance, eternal, everlasting"

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Do not think that I came to destroy the Torah or the Prophets.” Mat 5:17

When Jesus said this he was speaking of that which everything "hangs on"... which is the law of love

Not the laws of Moses...

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Its funny that you should bring up the topic of feasts, as today is Jesus' true birthday. The reason everyone (jews included) is observing the feasts on the wrong days, is because the original Biblical calendar is Solar only, starting and ending on the Vernal Equinox. The Jews didnt adopt a Luni-solar calendar until they were exiled into Babylon.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

How do we determine what laws are still in effect or over with?

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: IndependentAgent

The meaning of the words as it was written ages ago, means "Always, continuance, eternal, everlasting"

Thats what I am saying.

Wait!!! What?

Either always,eternal, everlasting mean what they are supposed to mean or they don't.

Either they are still supposed to be observed or they are not. Some seem to think they are not but it says they are so does everlasting not mean everlasting? What happened to infallible does it mean fallible sometimes?

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

Do not think that I came to destroy the Torah or the Prophets.” Mat 5:17

When Jesus said this he was speaking of that which everything "hangs on"... which is the law of love

Not the laws of Moses...

Actually it is referring to the laws of Moses. The word "nomos" does refer to 'Law, specifically to Moses'.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Nope... The laws of torah had 613 laws...

Jesus broke a few and changed a few... He was not speaking of laws that can be changed or broken...

I realise as a christian these are things you've been taught...

Though with a bit of deeper thought on such matters you'll find a lot of things you were taught were simply not true

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

Its funny that you should bring up the topic of feasts, as today is Jesus' true birthday. The reason everyone (jews included) is observing the feasts on the wrong days, is because the original Biblical calendar is Solar only, starting and ending on the Vernal Equinox. The Jews didnt adopt a Luni-solar calendar until they were exiled into Babylon.

The Bible calendar is based on the Moon, not the Sun. You have it backwards. Why else does the Bible speak repeatedly about the New Moon the second moon, and the moon appointing the time? Why then was the priests to watch the moon to see when the feasts would begin?

Also, Yehoshua (Jesus) was born somewhere between June and October, but the majority of scholars does agree that it was not in December.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Please show me the ones He broke? And I was a Christian...

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Rosh Khodesh means Head of the Month, not new moon. Both Gen 7 and Revelation confirms that a month is 30 days. A lunar month can be 29 or 30 days.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Your second post in this thread will show you one...

the law says that woman should be stoned... the topic was not up for debate... it was law...

Jesus overcame that law by reasoning with their hearts... and in the process... broke it as well

though they could do nothing about it...

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Let me explain this part by using a hypothetical scenario. Your father tells you that you are not to leave the lights on in a part of the house if you are not in that room or area. If your father is very strict, he will punish you if you do not do as he had said. So you do as he said, just to avoid a beating or punishment. That is "Under the Law". But, it he explains to you that he is the one that has to pay the bills every month, and that is expensive to him, you will most likely obey him, not in fear, but in respect and love towards him. That is NOT "Under the Law".

If we keep the commandments and law in fear of punishment, like most Jews today, then you are under the law. But keeping it in love and respect, now that is something different.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Psa 104:19 He made the moon for appointed times; The sun knows its going down.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join