It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DP on this one...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I just thought I'd post it up here to see what would happen.

www.youtube.com...

Apparently there are members lurking to shred any original content.

Be my guest....

I'm still going to make films, post them on any platform I want, and have a great time making art, meeting creative people,
going to film festivals, and laughing my ass off at all the critics.
edit on 9-12-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Differing opinions does not mean shredding.

Nowadays people act like any form of criticism is a humongous insult to some incredibly godly, unique creation. I mean really? I've put in years of work on projects before, making sure funding was in order, resources, etc. Criticism came from all angles, from all types and despite their harsh words, we used them to grow.

Inflexibility and an unwillingness to listen to various viewpoints is often the downfall of many projects.

I won't watch your video because I rarely go on youtube and don't click the links, not because I have anything against you, ingenuity or film.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
Differing opinions does not mean shredding.

Nowadays people act like any form of criticism is a humongous insult to some incredibly godly, unique creation. I mean really? I've put in years of work on projects before, making sure funding was in order, resources, etc. Criticism came from all angles, from all types and despite their harsh words, we used them to grow.

Inflexibility and an unwillingness to listen to various viewpoints is often the downfall of many projects.

Well, you don't have to be very intelligent to tell the difference between constructive criticism [which, as an artist, I welcome] and outright mean spirited comments, putdowns, jealous BS, and adolescents that don't know anything.

I won't watch your video because I rarely go on youtube and don't click the links, not because I have anything against you, ingenuity or film.

Well thanks for stopping buy anyway. Help yourself to the chips and dip.

edit on 9-12-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Well I just finishes watching it. Nice camera. Sound work was one well. Cinematography was executed well. I enjoyed the black and white look. The color in the cup needs a little bit of practice. Wasnt flowing into the image the way I would see in one of those Frank Miller flicks, but I would suppose that is more budget constraints for visual effects software. I feel like from a technical aspect it was executed well and shows great potential.

I surely cannot honestly say what the hell the video was about after watching it, feels a little bit disturbing honestly. But as I watched it I felt more as if the actors were not so much playing out a scene, but more so the reading of a shorty story or poem combination?? It just confused me so negatives for directing and writing.

Does the video seek to demonstrate technical capacity, or creative process?? I can refine my opinion more if I have a better understanding of the dialogue and the events unfolding.

As of now the subject matter without further elaboration seems a tad on the hard to understand side. But the technical camerawork of the artist was well received.

new topics

top topics

join