It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wisconsin Town Asking Residents to Voluntarily Have Home Searched for Guns

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Interesting:

In an effort to ‘get people thinking differently about guns’, Police Chief Norm Jacobs of the Beloit Police Department is asking locals to grant the police department access to their homes so they may search for firearms.

I wonder how many people will just roll over and allow this to happen, how many will resist and will there be consequences for either action.

Police claim that their request will allow them to locate guns that the homeowner didn’t know they had in their possession. Jacobs even stated that he believes there is a chance they will discover firearms linked to crimes.

“That’s really what we’re looking for,” the Chief said. “Maybe we’ll find a toy gun that’s been altered by a youngster in the house — and we know the tragedies that can occur there on occasion.”

So let's say this search is allowed, I suppose anything of a questionable nature 'in plain sight' will be grounds for further action.

All without a warrant...

Source

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I think this was already posted....last night.?

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

So let's say this search is allowed, I suppose anything of a questionable nature 'in plain sight' will be grounds for further action.

All without a warrant...

Allowing a search means everything is in plain sight.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Meldionne1

Crap, i must have missed it

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Please add further comments to the following thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Closed.

new topics