It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hollow Earth Craziness...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: chopperswolf
"Magma, as liquid, preferentially forms in high temperature, low pressure environments within several kilometers of the Earth's surface." quoted from Wikipedia, so, thats where we live, the earths surface, and several kilometers, which is pretty close to the surface relatively, thats also where these big rocks that rub and make earthquakes are at also, right? so, whats under that? wasn't there just a discovery of a giant underground ocean, or absu, that scientist just discovered recently, where did that come from, and how could it exist around that huge ball of molten magnetic iron? a reply to: ScientificRailgun

No a giant ocean WASN'T discovered underground. That water is mineralized into ringwoodite and ISN'T free flowing.

Earth may have underground 'ocean' three times that on surface

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Earth can't be hollow. Its too big. Any hollow spot would be crushed out of existence by the heat and pressure.

It CAN be hollow if it's filled with helium. That's how it stays up.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
"4 Temperatures like these are found at the base of the lithosphere. This is the solid, outermost layer of the earth. It includes the crust and the upper mantle. Just below the lithosphere is the asthenosphere. This layer is partly molten rock. Temperatures here are also very hot."- this is from the article you refered me to. I am not saying I believe in a hollow earth, but the majority of what we know about the deep interior of the earth is theories and hypotheses, aside from mining and drilling operations, and the deepest barely scratch the surface, 40,230 ft, the Kola Borehole, we think we know alot more than we really know.
a reply to: Krazysh0t

edit on 9-12-2014 by chopperswolf because: because

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Thank you, Krazysh0t. I'm too tired to science right now. Early morning always gets me feelin' tired and loopy.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

"4 Temperatures like these are found at the base of the lithosphere. This is the solid, outermost layer of the earth. It includes the crust and the upper mantle. Just below the lithosphere is the asthenosphere. This layer is partly molten rock. Temperatures here are also very hot."- this is from the article you refered me to.

Yes the BASE of the lithosphere. Which means the part that is touching the mantle.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Yes, it can be frustrating to pick apart these pseudo-scientific threads that pick and choose the science they feel characterizes their pet theory while discarding the rest (usually by saying that there is a cover up or something).

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Maybe all you followers of the religion of science can remind me why i should choose to accept your lies? Please tell me why it is necessary for everyone to remain dumb about where we are and why we should continue to stay here? I have put your puzzle together and i do not want to be hasty and let the cat out of the bag if there is a good reason you continue to dumb down the cat with your linguistic trickery you dasterdly servents of mental tyranny. Why should i let your lies continue when i now can unwind all your power you come here to harness? I am all for what has been created here but it has gone over board. There are too many slaves in this system.

edit on 9-12-2014 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
Maybe all you followers of the religion of science can remind me why i should choose to accept your lies? Please tell me why it is necessary for everyone to remain dumb about where we are and why we should continue to stay here? I have put your puzzle together and i do not want to be hasty and let the cat out of the bag if there is a good reason you continue to dumb down the cat with your linguistic trickery you dasterdly servents of mental tyranny. Why should i let your lies continue when i now can unwind all your power you come here to harness? I am all for what has been created here but it has gone over board. There are too many slaves in this system.

Ah yes, we are all slaves to science. You know what though? I bet when you get really, really sick and think you are going to die...you go to a doctor and he uses science to treat you. In fact, you are only alive right now because science works. Just saying.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
a reply to: chopperswolf

You forgot what was below all that dirt, rock, and water.

Magma. And lot of it.

Oh and let's not forget our wonderful Magnetic Field, which is generated by a liquid IRON core. If there were any need for proof of a solid earth, it's the magnetic field we all enjoy.
Every time I ever heated iron to a molten state, it became non magnetic. if the molten liquid outer core is spinning, and moving around a non molten inner core, producing magnetic fields because of Coriolis effect, created by the outer layers moving around the molten outer core currents, and we are talking about magnetism, not gravity, they aren't the same are they? why is there such a large percentage on iron ore on the surface of the earth, why has it not subducted and sank to this magnetic core, it is already a heavier element than the composition of the surface where it is found, and it's magnetic, wouldn't it have sank into the ground already millions of years ago?

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

I really want whatever you're drinking/smoking. It sounds amazing.

Also, science is not a religion, no matter how much you desperately try to label it as such. Science is PROCESS.

What you believe? That, is a religion. It's a series of books and texts that give you all your answers in a nice, little package. It tells you shun any other answers you may find as trickery or the work of less powerful deities out to undermine him. It tells you to behave and pray at night or some deity will do something TERRIBLE to you, even though he loves you unconditionally.

THAT'S a religion. Science does not proclaim to be 100% correct, nor does it judge, or step into the waters of ethics, personal morals, or accountability. Science does not punish.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   

There is also an abundance of OTHER metals heavier than Iron on the surface. Such as gold, uranium, etc. They haven't sunk either? Also, you're correct, it's the coriolis effect that generates our magnetic field. But that does not disprove that the iron is there. And you're also correct, Gravity and Electromagnetism are two separate forces. I'm glad you have at least a passing understanding of physics. Yet with this understanding, you still maintain that earth is hollow? Why? What evidence do you have that it is in fact hollow?

If you could prove it beyond a reasonable doubt, you'd be Time's Man of the Year hands down.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   

wasn't there just a discovery of a giant underground ocean

No. There was not.

However it was discovered that there is a lot of H2O in the crust.

There is also a huge amount of H2O in you. Are you an ocean? Or, at least, a small pond?

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Would the testimony of those who say they have been there be any less believable than that of theorist who have not been there, but have made up a story based on a set of flawed rules and educated guesses? what is the truth? a reply to: ScientificRailgun

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Flawed rules? Explain these flawed rules. Give examples of these rules, and exactly how they are flawed.

If by "educated guesses" you mean the Scientific Method then yes, I would wholeheartedly believe evidence gained through the scientific method rather than "eyewitness" testimony.

a reply to: AndyMayhew

I wanna be a small pond when I grow up.
edit on 9-12-2014 by ScientificRailgun because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
If I were a small pond, and I got as hot as scientist say it is at those depths in the earth, I would first burst forth as a geyser, then I would be a cloud in the atmosphere shortly, and then shortly after that, a puddle, part of a larger body of water or ice, but I would have long been burst forth from the earth, steam is an unstoppable force. a reply to: AndyMayhew

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Would the testimony of those who say they have been there be any less believable than that of theorist who have not been there, but have made up a story based on a set of flawed rules and educated guesses? what is the truth? a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Well I have been there.

So you must take my testimony as beleivable

And the fairies who live there, after they gave me a diamond the size of a baseball said that anyone on the surface whi believed in a hollow Earth were to each pay me $10,000 a year or else they would be abducted by trolls and made to work in the treacle mines for ever and ever.

So .......

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

Because I've posted evidence for literally everything I've said. Did you read any of it?

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Who has been there? I posted evidence that showed the deepest a person has gotten inside the earth and the deepest we've been able to drill. What evidence have you posted?

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Well done for bringing this up OP!!

I must say, i sway more toward the notion of a hollow Earth,i fully believe there is more to our 'home' than is made to believe.

As a previous poster said..how do We really know,as we have only been this deep..

en.wikipedia.org...

I consider that it may be comparable to an atom and it's nucleus..i.e. microcosm-macrocosm..therefore Earth and a central inner Sun..

The same natural sequence as is displayed in this video (below)

www.youtube.com...

S&F

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I have no solid proof either way, and after much research, I have found little proof, 100 percent factual proof , that it is solid, or hollow , but I have been caving for many years, all over the North American continent, most of those caves were hollow, in the earth, listened to several old timers who know alot more than I do, and I have seen things that would make me doubt what the common scientific community says , oh ,youtu.be... I wonder where they're going? a reply to: [post=18750560]Krazysh0t[/post

edit on 9-12-2014 by chopperswolf because: humor

edit on 9-12-2014 by chopperswolf because: video

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join