It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Gets Harassed Over 30 Times In 3 Hours Walking In NYC

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: rickymouse

Right around when everyone started getting participation trophies.

Star for you!

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Want to see who gets more harassment?

Have an overweight guy or gal walk around for a couple hours.
edit on 12/9/2014 by Azdraik because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Azdraik

Good point. Kind of makes this whole thing a bit trivial when you put it that way

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Remember kids:

It's only harassment if the harasser is unattractive!

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: maddy21

What a setup!
The guy walks along like a beauty pageant contestant with at least another person, probably two--one to guide the camera person that must be walking backwards--and people on the street, of course, focus on the guy in the tight T-shirt being videoed. Surely, they are given to think that he is a celeb of some sort. And that is all that it takes to get attention. Take the attendants away and any of the public that notice him will think something quite different.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Meh, soon we'll only see delivery people out on the streets while we cower in our homes... afraid of garnering any attention from our fellow crazy hybrid apes... and then, to our collective relief, we'll all die and that will be that... whew.

But really, one cannot equate male "harassment" with female harassment... it isn't the same 'cause it (usually) doesn't have the same threatening overtones.

Actually it reminded me of this Flight of the Conchords song "Sugar Lumps"

Sugar Lumps on Youtube
edit on 12/9/2014 by Baddogma because: add

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Hmm... a few points.

1. I didn't see 30 interactions in the video and a few of them looked staged. I'm not going to accuse the "pranksters" of pranking anyone here, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

2. Of the incidents of harassment, they were predominately male. We are still dealing with a culture where a portion of one gender seems to believe that it is acceptable to engage in this type of behavior.

This video as a tool is good to see that the behavior is gender essentialist and sexist.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
there was a video of a skater walking around and getting harassed in a similar manner. People yelling "Tony Hawks!" "Do a kickflip!", security coming up to him -not even skating- and kicking him out of 'public' places. It happens to the best of us. If youre really, ridiculously good looking people will point it out. That's life

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Attentionwandered
If youre really, ridiculously good looking people will point it out. That's life

Tell me about it! That's why I try to avoid eye contact.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: noeltrotsky

originally posted by: MrPlow
Harassment is defined as "aggressive pressure or intimidation"
Legally, an incident doesn't rise to the level of harassment until the victim asks or signals that they want to be left alone and the perpetrator doesn't stop.

Legally, the victim is NOT REQUIRED to do anything for harassment to have taken place.

Looks like your incredibly short Law career is over...

Actually yes, it does. Like, literally and legally. It does. 100%

Looks like your incredibly short common sense is over....

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Lol.

Its not that men get harrased.

Its attractive men.

My wife gets harrased all the time. Shes foxy.

Me? It never happens, im not very good looking. But my wife loves me.

We get odd stares when we are together.

Im 44 and shes 25. Im an old, balding, grey bearded 5 foot 6 troll. My wife is totally hot.

But to say sexual harassment happens to all of us is just not true.

Ugly guys like me never get hit on, must less even spoken to by complete strangers.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   
There is usually something about their attitude. I used to get attention until I figured I only need to have sex maybe 2-3 times in my entire life, if I'm lucky ofcourse I might have to try a few times more but still only one woman. Since that day I must exude something which tells others I'm just not interested, some nonverbal turnoff except for some women who really want to get a baby and their approach is quite different.

The guy in the video definitely has some vibe which he should learn how to drop or learn not to complain about it.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
The title of this is "Prankster", and for some reason or other we are not supposed to take this as a prank?

Alrighty then.

posted on Feb, 8 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Nearly all "prank" videos on youtube are fake...I would take this one with a grain of salt.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join