It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Gets Harassed Over 30 Times In 3 Hours Walking In NYC

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

On a more attractive woman? Heh.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

On a more attractive woman? Heh.

Not where I was going but funny none the less.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: IShotMyLastMuse
Fact:
If you are walking in ANY city, you will get some degree of attention.

FALSE

www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPFdLWPJGck

It's a cultural thing but you wouldn't know that if you never left your island.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: shaneslaughta
Wait a minute here. People shouting out compliments is harassment?

I didn't see a single sign of harassment, just a guy in a semi tight shirt showing off his muscles.

What do you think is going to happen. Its no different that a female wearing a low cut top and getting whistled at.

Harassment is something that makes you feel uncomfortable and or creates fear. This is just a bunch of compliments as far as i am concerned.

I do agree.
Harassment is defined as "aggressive pressure or intimidation"
Legally, an incident doesn't rise to the level of harassment until the victim asks or signals that they want to be left alone and the perpetrator doesn't stop.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnIntellectualRedneck
a reply to: maddy21

I love how it is "feminists just want to complain about being victimized" instead of "holy crap, this happens to both genders, and this is not okay for anybody".

I'd also question if there was a difference in aggressiveness? The girl from the original got catcalled multiple times by several of the same people, had her path partially blocked a few times, and even had one dude follow her around for a little while.

Did this happen to the guy? Because if it didn't, the level of harassment is nothing close to similar, and that should be very clear to any reasonably minded human being.

And, again, I'd like to point out how this is a case of "rah rah feminists rah rah" instead of pointing out how this really just isn't cool to be happening to anybody, and it's creepy that anybody regardless of gender is catcalling strangers.

Exactly, rah rah to you.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: noeltrotsky

Two things. That is one ugly dude and they only show a couple of minutes so how do we know no one catcalled that mannish individual?

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
lol, I was waiting for a video like this. Girls throw themselves at men like that, I've seen in happen. Thanks for posting.

And that last one who gets spun back around by her boyfriend to face "the right direction" was awesome.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Well, it' s never a good thing to generalize so i won't do it, but i will tell you a curious anecdote, maybe it says something, maybe it doesn't.
i live in central europe, and recently my company hired a whole bunch of indians guys, and i've been out drinking with them in during events organized by the company, and to clubs later on.
and they ALL behaved just as "bad" as anyone else, commenting and grinding up to the ladies, so i ask, is it a cultural thing in any better sense? or just a culture that for whatever reason is oppressed in terms of this kind of behavior.
Not doing something because it's frowned upon is not the same as not doing it because you know better.
From my experience, i' d have to conclude that the behavior in your video has more to do with social stigma than people being well mannered.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
so complimenting people and looking at people is now considered harassment?

I guess this is what we should expect from a generation that spent their formative years in their mom`s basement cut off from all human contact,playing video games.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

Way to generalize an entire generation.

One: "My" generation is why you have fancy smart phones and advanced computer systems and smart TVs and wifi.

Two: Only small, small subset of "my" generation sequestered themselves in front of TV's and computers and shunned social contact. Many of my generation yes, did play video games, but we also socialized with friends, we went out to movies, we laid on the hoods of cars and wondered at the stars. We kissed, we laughed, we loved.

Three: A growing precedence of male isolation is a product of increasing pressure on men to somehow be a provider for their partner, while at the same time also demonizing them for these very instincts. A social justice movement that creates only division between genders, rather than equalizing them. Just another cog in the increasing "Us vs Them" mentality that is beginning to pervade the human psyche.
edit on 9-12-2014 by ScientificRailgun because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
a reply to: AnIntellectualRedneck

Great. Now I don't have to type that all out. Perfectly said.

so BH...how many times did you watch the video?....lol

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrPlow
Harassment is defined as "aggressive pressure or intimidation"
Legally, an incident doesn't rise to the level of harassment until the victim asks or signals that they want to be left alone and the perpetrator doesn't stop.

Legally, the victim is NOT REQUIRED to do anything for harassment to have taken place.

Looks like your incredibly short Law career is over...

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I get this kind of attention walking from the gym or in the mall (not from men).
They're ego boosts really.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
Two things. That is one ugly dude and they only show a couple of minutes so how do we know no one catcalled that mannish individual?

Each society has different standards of beauty, and she is considered good looking in Mumbai where the video took place.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: IShotMyLastMuse
From my experience, i' d have to conclude that the behavior in your video has more to do with social stigma than people being well mannered.

The same social experiment was done in another country....same lack of harrassement

Here is another one from New Zealand....again no harassment

www.salon.com...

Do you know anyone from there so we can generalize some more? How many examples from other countries are needed to show it is a US cultural problem?

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: noeltrotsky

Each society has different standards of beauty, and she is considered good looking in Mumbai where the video took place.

He is not considered beautiful anywhere.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

But Christina Aguilera told me I was beautiful.

Why would the great C. A. lie to me?

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

I bet you are. One of the reasons is you are not a dude, dressed like a non-dude, looking to attract other dudes.

edit on 9-12-2014 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

i don't know just how it is in the usa but here in the uk i used to work in peoples homes doing updates and renovations

during these contracts i was quite often subjected to sexual offers by the ladies .

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Firstly, "he" should be "harassed" for excessive use of "finger quotes".

Second, I'm "wonder" if that "camera" was really "hidden". I'm guessing people were not so much "harassing" him, but "mugging" to the "camera".

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join