It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sky News Infiltrate Secret Underground Base at Corsham

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Most excellent work, Wooden Crane.

All I can say is...I'm gobsmacked.

This location was at one time, one of the UK's most closely guarded secrets.
During the mid-sixties only 600 UKGovernment/Military knew its codename - far less knew its purpose, the UK wartime Central Government Headquarters.

And now its slowly being brought into the public domain.

zero lift

posted on Sep, 7 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   
God only knows how many underground facilities exist in the U.S. and what they're used for. Interesting pics. Thanks!

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Sky News have infiltrated the bunker again... well I think they got to see a bit more this time...

www.sky.com...

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 02:15 AM
link   
if anyone wishes to visit a bunker then head over to www.hackgreen.co.uk... this is the site for a bunker which u can visit, i went many a moon ago and had a great time!

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Nettleden seems to have added some new photos of the bunker....

www.chocolatechipdesign.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Im sure i just read an article in todays (29/10) UK Daily Mail that said that Corsham was up for sale as it had been cleared of MOD stuff.I cant remember off hand what part was being sold but the funny bit was at the end when the locals told they knew all about and planned to beat the politicans to the bunker in the event of attack... :-)

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Im sure i just read an article in todays (29/10) UK Daily Mail that said that Corsham was up for sale as it had been cleared of MOD stuff.I cant remember off hand what part was being sold but the funny bit was at the end when the locals told they knew all about and planned to beat the politicans to the bunker in the event of attack... :-)

Bless.

I think that the locals would've had a few problems in doing that, as the whole Corsham area would have become under military rule during any precautionary period.

BURLINGTON had its own defence force who would have taken a very dim view of any locals trying to seek shelter 'downstairs'.

Access to BURLINGTON was via a MOD Check Point (thought to be some 20 miles away from the underground complex). All nominees were to be held at Check Point until the whole complement had arrived. MOD transport would then take them from the Check Point to BURLINGTON.

No-one was permitted to travel direct to BURLINGTON, except for the Prime Minister's party.

Locals would have stood no chance of getting in.

zero lift

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 10:35 PM
link   
i wish i could buy that place got some cool stuff in there. i could probably pay my loan payments just from selling that old equipment on ebay. escpcially that old telephone room equipment and the switchboard parts. old tube stuff sells well to collectors.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join