It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sexodus: The Men Giving Up On Women And Checking Out Of Society

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: peck420
I"m actually glad to read what you write there.

BUT this article does lend some support to the idea guy's might be more susceptible to gaming addiction:
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov - The screens culture: impact on ADHD...

Previous research has demonstrated rates of Internet addiction as high as 25% in the population and that it is addiction more than time of use that is best correlated with psychopathology. Various studies confirm that psychiatric disorders, and ADHD in particular, are associated with overuse, with severity of ADHD specifically correlated with the amount of use. ADHD children may be vulnerable since these games operate in brief segments that are not attention demanding. In addition, they offer immediate rewards with a strong incentive to increase the reward by trying the next level. The time spent on these games may also exacerbate ADHD symptoms, if not directly then through the loss of time spent on more developmentally challenging tasks.

I say this because ADHD is five times more prevalent in males than females.

I think I also read research which showed people who "roleplay" in games tend to have more disabilities or disorders.
edit on 9-12-2014 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: jonnywhite
I don't know what to tell you.

I only know 4 people that claim to be opt outs. Of those 4, one I don't know well enough to comment on, he may fit the mould of the study...the other 3, not so much.

The 3 that I do know well enough to comment on are very bright, good looking (per the missus), and until you ask them about relationships seem like your average well adjusted male.

Aside from their aversion to relationships, they are consistently at the top of my employee performance charts and have given me nothing to fault with their friendship to myself, my wife, or my children.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

It doesn't help that environmental factors contain things that are having an effect on male testosterone and fertility. BPA and estrogen mimickers in plastics, printer inks, soup cans, other areas.

Many men are just going through the motions in society to survive while addiction in its various forms is at a high in this country it seems.

We are in trouble.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Yes, there is a world of difference between expectation and reality.

Thank you. I want people to have freedom, me too. The thought of having any manipulative hold of anyone else or exerting any control upon them disgusts me.

I think what we hand down to our children is very important. What they see in their parents relationship behaviour is a blue print for their own behaviour in adulthood. There is a branch of psychology called transactional analysis. It deals with roles (parent, adult and child) in the present, here and now. In adulthood we can become all these roles at different times. I am addressing you in the here and now adult to adult, if you get my drift. Analysed on this basis the traditional male was very much the woman is the child and he would be in parent/adult role.

I am still very dubious about certain aspects of childhood education and socialization into this life. There are so many destructive aspects.

Hurry up and grow, societies. If we think about it there is so much to do and to change. We have a whole past of mistakes to tell us what not to do. We have a whole future of speculation, growth and enlightenment to engage with.

Ok, that's my little pep talk over! Happy hunting Ladies and Gentleman!

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Really liked the article. And of course, while feminism certainly isn't solely responsible for this development it has combined with other influences and this here seems to be the end result. And while intentions are usually benign I'm not entirely sure these developments are totally random. I'm sure the intent of the people on the top behind this social engineering were to further divide the masses and turn men and women against each other.

a reply to: ScientificRailgun

I had to google the term "dutch oven", woman you need to stop entertaining immature boys..

Seriously, dutch oven? So vile.. if ever I was ashamed of my gender..

Personally I wouldn't want a robot girlfriend, they'd have no soul or subtle bodies for starters. How would such sex feel? I could only imagine it would lack that special something that makes sex with people you like so great. I would create a tulpa or beseech nature spirits before ever engaging a robot, especially for sex. Luckily, I'm never really alone these days.

But whatever, I'm just a anachronistic nut.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: lonesomerimbaud

Yes, there is a world of difference between expectation and reality.

Thank you. I want people to have freedom, me too. The thought of having any manipulative hold of anyone else or exerting any control upon them disgusts me.

I think what we hand down to our children is very important. What they see in their parents relationship behaviour is a blue print for their own behaviour in adulthood. There is a branch of psychology called transactional analysis. It deals with roles (parent, adult and child) in the present, here and now. In adulthood we can become all these roles at different times. I am addressing you in the here and now adult to adult, if you get my drift. Analysed on this basis the traditional male was very much the woman is the child and he would be in parent/adult role.

I am still very dubious about certain aspects of childhood education and socialization into this life. There are so many destructive aspects.

Hurry up and grow, societies. If we think about it there is so much to do and to change. We have a whole past of mistakes to tell us what not to do. We have a whole future of speculation, growth and enlightenment to engage with.

Ok, that's my little pep talk over! Happy hunting Ladies and Gentleman!

What you say is so true and real, but my adult son and daughter tell me what their chosen roles and desires are in this crazy world and I just listen and hope they can find happiness.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Women are bat $hit crazy....

PERIOD
edit on 9-12-2014 by Zaanny because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaanny
Women are bat $hit crazy....

PERIOD

Close this thread now, because we know where this is going?

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

On a personal note I wish you and your children happy holidays. Every strength to you. I look forward to keeping up with your posts, your ideas and contributions. Thanks again.

link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

I had to google the term "dutch oven", woman you need to stop entertaining immature boys..

Heh. Now, I never said I don't respond in kind. Some man thinks he can gross me out with that? Just wait 'till I have my retribution. I don't get mad, I get EVEN. (Sadistic Laughter would go here)

Nevertheless, I'm glad I have unintentionally added a new word to your vocabulary.

link   
a reply to: Zaanny

Please refer to my previous post.

Yes, we're crazy.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: lonesomerimbaud

On a personal note I wish you and your children happy holidays. Every strength to you. I look forward to keeping up with your posts, your ideas and contributions. Thanks again.

Same to you, your contributions are very uplifting and seem very well-rounded and experienced.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Count me in. I'm a male. I sit in my parents basement almost all the time, I don't talk to people much, never had a girlfriend, I have depression, anxiety, addicted to electronics.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
It's funny but quite a few of my friends are single, some from terrible divorces where they've been shafted terribly in the wallet and over custody and after barely being able to afford to eat while working 14-16 hours a day they're in no real hurry to find someone else, then theres a few others whos work takes then away all the time so no chance of meeting the right woman and the rest just never got lucky to find a woman and by the time they're 30 they have given up and they could be great partners etc but they just can't be bothered to chase women

But the main reason i think is the availability of pr0n....men like visual stimulation so why spend a few hours getting the mood right, cooking a brilliant meal and spending loads on a bottle of wine for her to say "sorry i got a headache and i gotta go" when you can hit a .xxx site and get your jollies for free

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
I think it has less to do with "feminism" (as such), and speaks more to the unrealistic expectations of women today. They want their suburban mansion, picket fence, 2.5 kids, and (most importantly) the envy of their peers. And if they don't get it, they'll simply move on to the next mark.

Men have noticed this trend, and many will simply not have anything to do with it. Many (and this is where a lot of women tune out and refuse to understand) can't have anything to do with it because we live in an economic climate that no longer allows for the fairy tale lifestyle most women were brainwashed into demanding from a very early age.

Simply put, we can't keep up with all the BS. We checked out of the relationship scene because we see it for what it is:

Exploitation. Stick that in your feminist pipe and smoke it.

There is an actual term for this practice: "Hypergamy".

Thanks for this. Glad someone finally stepped up and called it like it is.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: Indigent

No matter what the article says, it is still easy to be masculine today without having to retreat into video games and online debauchery; but it involves actually going outside into the real world and doing something with it. Feminism might have an idealistic stranglehold on "internet culture", but in the real world, it doesn't. One needs to simply go outside and see which gender it is that is keeping roadways, buildings, vehicles, sewage, and basically all infrastructure, running smoothly, so that feminists can bathe in their comfort while at the same time not admitting from whom it comes from.

What i absolutely love about your response is the typical macho "We built it, we own it" - Like a woman could never build a house or a complex sewage system - Your kidding yourself.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Life is stupid and I'm over it. I don't like living in this crap with all this electronics, data, bullcrap.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: shamaniski

There is nothing preventing you from rising above it all.

Simply step out into the world and take it.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: centhwevir1979
a reply to: SearchLightsInc

Since I'm just like the people described by the op ("checked out from society,") I would say it is not completely ignorant. I don't date, I don't vote, I don't steal, I don't eat chemicals. My life has been defined more by the things I refuse to do than by the things I actually do. And why? Because humanity is building a violent, shameful existence for itself, at the very high cost of the Earth.

Each to their own.

But what do you mean by building? Humanity has a rich history of violence, shame and recently, heavy polluting of the earth.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
i guess i would be somewhat a part of this group in some regards but definitely not by choice. Maybe its the area i live but I've asked out a lot of women any number of ways and all were different types of women. You know where it got me this past 6-7 years? Not one damn date. Some of the women i asked out even went as far as to agree to the date only to state later they only said yes because i was a nice guy and they didn't want to hurt me. This is going to turn into a rant if i keep typing so i'll make it short and take my leave. I'm a nice guy, been told decent looking and i got brains. I like me and I've worked really hard to be where I'm at and at who I've become. But you know what women want? They want all the things they know damn well they know they shouldn't go for just for the sake of saying it was fun while it lasted. Meanwhile good honest guys like me get treated like absolute #. But 6 some odd years later i keep asking but you know what? All i see are women who think they know just what they want but when they stare it in the face, they'll run away every time.

My social life though is good. Got solid friends, been at my job 10 + years and i got my # together. so maybe some of these guys OPd out just because they're sick of dealing with the crap. Understand this ladies, some guys are awkward around women for a bit and get words tongue-tied, it happenes. It doesn't mean where all stupid losers. So next time your not interested in a guy, just tell him no because we can handle it, its the jerking us around we can't handle, its called honesty, try it sometime....

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join