It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sexodus: The Men Giving Up On Women And Checking Out Of Society

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: MKMoniker

and how many recent high profile men can you think of that also crashed and burned??

dependency=servitude
if a women is totally financially dependent on her husband then she is in servitude...
a pampered slave is still just a slave!

and how many men are out there who think that just because they earn the money they should get to call all the shots? I know I have met a few in my lifetime!

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   
lol

The term "Slave" is subjective.

Many high profile men and women are a slave to their careers, and bosses too, hence dependency. These people also sell themselves for money, so who would be the slave in this case. There's also a term used for people selling their time and bodies for money, but I won't go there.

A women that marries and stays home with the children work harder then most of their husbands, emotionally, and physically, so I don't see were the pampered comes in. Perhaps if they have no children, then yes they would be a freeloader if they did nothing, but not many women are like that these days, most tow the line and more.

Again it all depends on how people look at the picture. Our society tends to be extremely hypocritical and possess infinite amounts of a trait call blind ignorance.

Peace,

RT

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: MKMoniker

and how many recent high profile men can you think of that also crashed and burned??

dependency=servitude
if a women is totally financially dependent on her husband then she is in servitude...
a pampered slave is still just a slave!

and how many men are out there who think that just because they earn the money they should get to call all the shots? I know I have met a few in my lifetime!

edit on 20-1-2015 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

I've been a stay at home mom and a working mom. Personally when I started working it seemed like a vacation for me. That was until I found myself running on four hours or less sleep most days! ya I agree being a mom is hard work but then well why do so many men seem to think that all a mom does is sit and watch soap operas all day??

but let's look at this another way..
if a women just up and leaves her well paid husband he can probably at least get by. he has the income and with that income if he doesn't want to cook he can probably go to a restaurant to get food. ect.

if a stay at home mother has her husband suddenly leave she can be left quite destitute really! without money she cannot pay the rent or buy the groceries to cook. and well if she has been a stay at home mom for a few years her work history is gonna look like crap so it's gonna be quite difficult for her to get a well paying job that she can live on.

normal people are only answerable to the boss for around 8-10 hours then they go home. the bosses aren't monitoring them as to how they spend their time or their money. a stay at home mom more than likely has no money of her own. She is relying on her husband's money and thus is answerable to him as to how it is spent.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
That is where a good lawyer, judge, alimony and child support come into play.

Most men that are in a high paid position get taken to the cleaners in court.

She'll get the house, car, half of his 401k, pension, and assets, plus alimony and child support, so imo this is far from destitute.

I have never seen a women left destitute with a husband that has a high paying job. Also there are all kinds of government grants for single women with children to attend college virtually free, if they care to dig.

It's hard work being a single parent, male or female. The scales are for sure on the woman's side these days though.

but let's look at this another way..
if a women just up and leaves her well paid husband he can probably at least get by. he has the income and with that income if he doesn't want to cook he can probably go to a restaurant to get food. ect.

if a stay at home mother has her husband suddenly leave she can be left quite destitute really! without money she cannot pay the rent or buy the groceries to cook. and well if she has been a stay at home mom for a few years her work history is gonna look like crap so it's gonna be quite difficult for her to get a well paying job that she can live on.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
double post

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   

a reply to: vasaga

It's the old cliche. With great power comes great responsibility. The power to carry and give life is a great thing, and the responsibility is equally as great. Does that mean that men should leave women in the dust? No. But it does mean that women should take care of themselves as well, and not expect only men to do it for them. Women can get help from men, but it should not be that men solely carry the responsibility for women's crappy mistakes. No one gives a man a hand when he makes one, why should women be given a hand every time, even after they make 20?

it seems to me that the fact that I see so many men on here griping about being taking to the cleaners by the system would kind of prompt them to take the responsibility of ensuring that they aren't creating babies unto themselves instead of leaving it for the women to take on while they stand on the sidelines griping about birth control and plotting to exclude birth control from the insurance policies! I know it's a crappy system for men!! The fact that it is crappy just makes the need to take on that responsibility more urgent. It's your life, protect it!
True, but even in this case, the advantage is on women. Why? She can see if he wears a condom or not. He has no way of knowing whether she actually took her pills, or used any other type of protection. A woman can easily lie on this. Yes, everyone should protect themselves, but the way that man have to protect themselves has become ridiculous.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth
lol

The term "Slave" is subjective.

Many high profile men and women are a slave to their careers, and bosses too, hence dependency. These people also sell themselves for money, so who would be the slave in this case. There's also a term used for people selling their time and bodies for money, but I won't go there.

A women that marries and stays home with the children work harder then most of their husbands, emotionally, and physically, so I don't see were the pampered comes in. Perhaps if they have no children, then yes they would be a freeloader if they did nothing, but not many women are like that these days, most tow the line and more.

Again it all depends on how people look at the picture. Our society tends to be extremely hypocritical and possess infinite amounts of a trait call blind ignorance.

Peace,

RT
There's a difference between selling yourself and being a slave. A prostitute sells her body but she is not necessarily a slave. We are definitely a slave to the current system. We are born into government (doesn't matter which), and you have no choice in the matter. You have to work to pay taxes and to even survive. Having no choice at all in a matter, that is slavery. Careers, bosses and so on, are not directly slavery, since you can most of the time choose who to sell yourself to.

And well, married women are not slaves. First of all, getting married is a free choice, in the west at least, thus it's not slavery. Getting married can be seen as being similar to getting a job. With that job, comes a duty, which is being a husband/wife. If they fire you from a job, or you quit, you don't get the benefits anymore, and that's from both sides. If the company fires the worker, the worker doesn't get payed, and at the same time the work is no longer done. Having to pay alimony or child support for the rest of your life is definitely slavery. It's the equivalent of the worker quitting the job, but demanding that you still pay for the work that is not being done.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Having to pay alimony or child support for the rest of your life is definitely slavery. It's the equivalent of the worker quitting the job, but demanding that you still pay for the work that is not being done.
a reply to: vasaga

that might be true when it comes to alimony in many cases but I don't see it as being true when it comes to child support. a child is the creation of both father and mother and therefore the responsibility of both parents. There is alot involved in raising a child. It's expensive and quite time consuming and only the very well off person could do it on their own. I think where we might have gone off track is how we divide those responsibilities up according to gender. women gets custody/men gets career. Especially now days when man gets career that doesn't pay enough to begin with. The just sits there and he is trying to find which one will be more successful when it comes to caring and nuturing the child and who would be more successful at earning enough to provide and well in most cases that comes down to mom gets kids dad gets to work his butt off. But now days there's plenty of women out there working making good money and well they are finding that the dad's nurturing (although not the same as mom's) can be EQUALLY as important to a child..

the simple answer would be to not have kids until you are sure you can live with the person you are making them with but well that isn't as simple as it seems so another solution would have to be found. But well I don't think it's that the moms automatically get the house as it is the KIDS get the house. After all the custodial parent would need a home large enough to house the kids wouldn't they? I am more inclined to think that joint custody would be a better way, give the kids the house the parents work opposite shifts (and split the childcare expense if it's needed unless on doesn't want to have custody of the kids while they are not working then they can pay the full expense during that time and well whoever has custody has the house during that time..
the biggest problem is that a couple who is barely making it together holding down one household now has two households and well to be fair each of those households would have to be large enough to house the kids. Having the kids get the household although it might inconvenience the adults some and force them to still have to cooperate with each other is an option.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Some of the most evil women on the planet get a free-ride, as the lamestream press ignores them. "Lena" was a fired IT tech from Sony, whom most experts (and even ATS) believe was responsible for Sony's massive attack and illegal download. Yet our brain-dead government insists it was N. Korea, which is what the lap-dog media keeps hyping.

And there's more:

www.nytimes.com...
WHEN WOMEN BECOME TERRORISTS

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Eunuchorn
Kind of a disgusting rant on feminism. Star, nonetheless.

I blame the existence of rape for the social inequalities between the sexes.

Rape exists, humans shouldn't. Imo.

Feminists do not want equality... they view themselves as superior...

I would like to remind all feminists that think women are somehow more mature than men of the following video...

Korg.
edit on 22-1-2015 by Korg Trinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Slavery, properly so called, is the establishment of a right which gives to one man such a power over another as renders him absolute master of his life and fortune. The state of slavery is in its own nature bad. It is neither useful to the master nor to the slave; not to the slave, because he can do nothing through a motive of virtue; nor to the master, because by having an unlimited authority over his slaves he insensibly accustoms himself to the want of all moral virtues, and thence becomes fierce, hasty, severe, choleric, voluptuous, and cruel. … where it is of the utmost importance that human nature should not be debased or dispirited, there ought to be no slavery.
Montesquieu

if you want your wife to stay at home and cater to kids, home, and your desires while you act as the sole breadwinner you are asking her to be your slave!! pampered maybe but still just a slave!

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   

if you want your wife to stay at home and cater to kids, home, and your desires while you act as the sole breadwinner you are asking her to be your slave!! pampered maybe but still just a slave!

I personally believe a view like this is deeming to the women that choose to be homemakers.

It diminishes a women's choice, and makes her feel bad because she choose to devote her life to her family.

Why would you want to make others feel bad about their choices in life?

A "Slave" is someone who is forced against their own wills, without pay to work for another.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Slavery, properly so called, is the establishment of a right which gives to one man such a power over another as renders him absolute master of his life and fortune. The state of slavery is in its own nature bad. It is neither useful to the master nor to the slave; not to the slave, because he can do nothing through a motive of virtue; nor to the master, because by having an unlimited authority over his slaves he insensibly accustoms himself to the want of all moral virtues, and thence becomes fierce, hasty, severe, choleric, voluptuous, and cruel. … where it is of the utmost importance that human nature should not be debased or dispirited, there ought to be no slavery.
Montesquieu

That works both ways!

If your wife is wanting you to go out and work all hours god sends to support the house and food you both use and pay for her car and allow her the luxury of going shopping... then you are just a slave!

Korg.
edit on 23-1-2015 by Korg Trinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Tell that to a few homermakers I've known.
They'll tear you a new one.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   

I personally believe a view like this is deeming to the women that choose to be homemakers. It diminishes a women's choice, and makes her feel bad because she choose to devote her life to her family. Why would you want to make others feel bad about their choices in life?

It seems to be the thing to do on these boards!! But let's look at how others might demean her shall we???
She will be considered a leech by some if something ever goes awry and her husband is longer there to earn the paycheck..
She will be told that she shouldn't have had those children if she couldn't afford them (as if she could stuff those kids back up into her once she realized those paychecks are coming any more).
She will be told she should have "planned better" and "saved more" come retirement time when she actually expects social security to make good on their promises!

while throughout her life some of these same people would have been telling her how wrong it was to be working outside of the house and doing all they can to try to keep women "feminine" and out of those "manly" jobs and jobs in higher authority that traditionally have always paid higher wages.

A "Slave" is someone who is forced against their own wills, without pay to work for another.

And how is the salary of the happy homemaker determined? Is their any laws regulating how much they are paid? Or is she given that which her husband choses to give her? Although you are right she does have options. She can take her kids and go live in a tent or homeless shelter for a few months till the social welfare checks start coming in and put up with being called a "leech" probably for a good part of her life!!

If your wife is wanting you to go out and work all hours god sends to support the house and food you both use and pay for her car and allow her the luxury of going shopping... then you are just a slave!

The man works isn't the check written out in his name?? Seems to me that unless something happens that activates a law here or there (like a child support hearing) well if he doesn't want her out shopping he can easily prevent it!
And just how is child support activated?? Oh ya something legal like child support court and before that can come we are looking at a few months of homelessness followed by "being a leech".
So basically she is left with what he CHOOSES to give her isn't she? She could be provided with alot or she might not be provided with enough.

And if she is staying home because he is refusing to be supportive of her in her endeavor to be employed isn't he kind of forcing her into what is basically a position of servitude? And well then if he finds that the his one paycheck isn't enough to pay the bills and sends her out to work but finds that they are worse off because she can't earn enough to offset the costs of her working isn't the fact that he now has to work two jobs something that he himself brought about?

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

The man works isn't the check written out in his name?? Seems to me that unless something happens that activates a law here or there (like a child support hearing) well if he doesn't want her out shopping he can easily prevent it!
And just how is child support activated?? Oh ya something legal like child support court and before that can come we are looking at a few months of homelessness followed by "being a leech".
So basically she is left with what he CHOOSES to give her isn't she? She could be provided with alot or she might not be provided with enough.

And if she is staying home because he is refusing to be supportive of her in her endeavor to be employed isn't he kind of forcing her into what is basically a position of servitude? And well then if he finds that the his one paycheck isn't enough to pay the bills and sends her out to work but finds that they are worse off because she can't earn enough to offset the costs of her working isn't the fact that he now has to work two jobs something that he himself brought about?

You missed the point of my post... I was not saying that it was true only attempting to show how stupid a comment this was.

Get over yourself women and men are equals as humans but both have different roles to bare. If you want to be the one who stays at home and looks after the kids etc... then do so... if you want to also have a career then you might have an issue with yourself...

If however you want your husband to sit at home and look after the kids... you had better do your part and go out to work!

One thing is for certain... unless you are already insanely rich , you cannot both sit at home and look after the house now can you??!??

Wake up and smell the reality!!

Korg.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
When are the pleasure bots coming out? That will shut the feminazi's up. As for that he/she wearing the t-shirt, I wouldn't go out with her if she was the only way to save humanity. I'm glad she's the minority. I think she'll change her tune when she finds the right guy. I pity him already.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Korg Trinity

in today's world unless you are insanely well off more than likely you are gonna find a time when you are both gonna have to earn a paycheck!! You are both gonna have to also sit home some with the kids, and if you a smart and pull together like families are supposed to do and take on the maintenance as a team you might find yourselves able to play a little, which I would almost bet is where everything starts falling apart in most cases..

That's what reality smells like to me!!

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   

a reply to: Korg Trinity

in today's world unless you are insanely well off more than likely you are gonna find a time when you are both gonna have to earn a paycheck!! You are both gonna have to also sit home some with the kids, and if you a smart and pull together like families are supposed to do and take on the maintenance as a team you might find yourselves able to play a little, which I would almost bet is where everything starts falling apart in most cases..

That's what reality smells like to me!!

This isn't how it works for many... me included.

I earn a reasonable amount of money, enough so that my partner does not have to work. It was her choice to stay at home and look after the house and our three kids.

If she was able to earn the same amount as I do and wanted to be the breadwinner I wouldn't stand in her way, I would be happy to assume the role of househusband...

The issue has nothing to do with slavery and it has nothing to do with sexism, it is a matter of necessity and personal choice.

Korg.
edit on 25-1-2015 by Korg Trinity because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38 >>

join