It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Randomness does not exist at the quantum level.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: mbkennel

originally posted by: moebius
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

Uncertainty does not imply randomness.

arxiv.org...

That's a great paper and I agree with its implication. I'm on the side of Einstein, not Bohr. Einstein was wrong with locality (experiments prove non-locality of something is true unequivocally) but I think he's right on determinism. Chaos of deterministic systems makes as practically good 'stochastic' as anything else.

Can any general statement (regarding a general physical/geometric theory) be said about what 'non locality' may physically mean in relation to our understanding of the universe?

To be slightly more specific; Does it imply that there are 'fields of a finer grade' 'underneath' the em field (and really all fields we know of)?

To say, we thought that the EM field, physically reacted and propagated through space and time at the highest rate, but non locality suggests, there are fields which propagate potentially (lol) infinitely faster (facepalm)?
edit on 12-12-2014 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ImaFungi

EM field 's' is used to describe behavior on a macroscopic scale not a quantum scale. Like the gravitational force to EM, the behavior changes drastically and the variables increase each step down.

When people say EM waves propagate at the speed of light the mean it as a reasonable constant given the scale.

-FBB

PS been a while since I have been here, hope everyone is still good.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

Actually scale doesn't matter! Check out the double slit experiments with molecules!

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ImaFungi

As I understand it, it means that matter unless disturbed is everything it can be at the same time and in the whole universe.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Not to hijack the op's thread, but I really would like people to react:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Maybe in connection to the op's question about the nature of randomness and so on.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join