It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need help from Melbourne people!!! (Australia)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 04:47 AM
link   
So next year we are taking a trip/holiday to Melbourne.

First off we will be staying around Geelong for a few days, then driving from there to St. Kilda, pretty much on Albert Park.

I have all the routes looked at on Google maps and Earth, and it seems the best way to go is up the Princes Highway through Laverton and past Southbank on the West Gate freeway, then down St. Kilda road or Queens road to where we are staying.

The question I have is the Princes Freeway through Southbank a toll road? Is it easy to get on and off?

I know some places you have to have one of those electronic tags on your car to drive on the roads. Or is there a better alternative that doesn't involve Melbourne suburbia driving?

OK, Melbournites, go for it. Show me your true local....

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 05:17 AM
link   
a reply to: 74Templar

I live about an hour in the opposite direction, but when I go to Geelong it's just a straight run down the Princess. I have no idea where the damn tolls start, but once you're in the city bit it starts charging. I only go through maybe once a year, and I was once at Crown and tried to get home and ended up so lost I was over at the Zoo. I have no idea how it works and the signage is awful. You can phone up the Toll company though within 24 hours I think if you haven't got an etag thingy.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Google maps normally say if its tolls required or not. When ever we travel to melb my google maps does anyway. But dont stress if you do end up going on a toll you have 2 or 3 days after to purchase the pass. If you forget this they will post out a bill a couple weeks after. Only if you dont pay the bill will you be fined. As for where tolls start & stop I cant help sorry. ETA the bill sent out is usually $5-10$ more I think to accommodate admin charges 😕
edit on 9-12-2014 by feelingconnected because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Its pretty much a straight run

Head down the princess and go over the westgate for a great view, the other side of the westgate is a suburb away from st Kildare and it will be well signed.
U got anyone to show u round while ur there?

new topics

top topics

join