It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox: Obama Seeks Advice on Establishing Monarchy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 03:28 AM
link   

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—President Barack Obama spent several hours on Monday in a closed-door Oval Office meeting seeking advice on how to establish a monarchy, Fox News reports.

According to Fox, the President peppered his Oval Office guest with detailed questions about the mechanics of setting up a monarchy and was curious about the perks and powers that go along with it.

To even ...consider this ..is against the Constitution of the United States!!! Having taken the oath of office.. and ALL .. !!

I don't even know what to say at this point since the congress hasn't shut him down yet and should have LONG LONG time ago .. hard.. with lock and key ...and his Michele ..errr...Michelle ? WHO KNOWS any more..

while America has been lulled to sleep to be mis-directed toward racism .. the KING will soon reign...~!!

or ...is this .. just satire.. ? ! Get news satire from The Borowitz Report delivered to your inbox. if it is ...why would he, even be allow to put something as sensitive as this subject is in the paper??

edit on 9-12-2014 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 03:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Komodo

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—President Barack Obama spent several hours on Monday in a closed-door Oval Office meeting seeking advice on how to establish a monarchy, Fox News reports.

According to Fox, the President peppered his Oval Office guest with detailed questions about the mechanics of setting up a monarchy and was curious about the perks and powers that go along with it.

To even ...consider this ..is against the Constitution of the United States!!! Having taken the oath of office.. and ALL .. !!

I don't even know what to say at this point since the congress hasn't shut him down yet and should have LONG LONG time ago .. hard.. with lock and key ...and his Michele ..errr...Michelle ? WHO KNOWS any more..

while America has been lulled to sleep to be mis-directed toward racism .. the KING will soon reign...~!!

I'm pretty sure that's satire. Notice the word "humor" in the url?
edit on 9-12-2014 by Bovah because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 03:33 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 03:35 AM
link   
This kind of thing is Onion humor news, for uppity folks who actually read The New Yorker. This, after the "satire" bit already mentioned, should be a dead give-away:

Andy Borowitz is a New York Times best-selling author and a comedian who has written for The New Yorker since 1998. He writes the Borowitz Report for newyorker.com.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 03:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
This kind of thing is Onion humor news, for uppity folks who actually read The New Yorker. This, after the "satire" bit already mentioned, should be a dead give-away:

Andy Borowitz is a New York Times best-selling author and a comedian who has written for The New Yorker since 1998. He writes the Borowitz Report for newyorker.com.

if it is ...why would he, even be allow to put something as sensitive as this subject is in the paper?? ...

'ohhh....ha ha .. just joking ' and then come to find out .. he really did have someone in the Oval asking that very thing...

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 03:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Komodo
Why does the Onion write stuff people jump the gun over & believe to be immediately true? Because between making people who get the joke chuckle, and pulling one over on the gullible, it's funny.

Take a gander at the rest of his work. He's got a dry wit that isn't half bad at all:

www.newyorker.com...

edit on 12/9/2014 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 04:25 AM
link   
There have been rumours floating around for while now regarding Obama becoming a king and trying to be elected again, etc...is it true? I don't know, but it wouldn't surprise me.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Wait it is not true?....
So I have been preparing for the dolphin war gor nothing all these years? And Stephen hawkins has not built a massive endo skeleton? .
Darn and blast it.

Oh and no you can't have a monarchy they are ours.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 05:20 AM
link   
One part of the joke which the writer himself may not have realised is that the modern monarch has much less power than an American President.
If Obama can make a speech without asking anyone's permission, he has already got more power than Edward VIII. That king wanted to make a speech about his relation with Wallis Simpson and wasn't allowed, because it would have been "not following the advice of his ministers".
The British monarch has immense theoretical powers which CANNOT be used except on "Cabinet advice" (i.e. to do what the Cabinet tells him to do). Why would Obama have wanted to exchange his present position for that?

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   
People still fall for this stuff. Bravo to comedy.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
A good place to hide truth is to make it look ridiculous.

Controlled Opposition works in funny ways !!

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Well the minute he tries to take over the country illegally, it will be legal for every man woman and child, and their dog, to shoot him. For he would enemy number one.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 04:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Komodo
why would he, even be allow to put something as sensitive as this subject is in the paper??

So you support censorship!

"I saw it on the interweb so it must be true"
edit on 10-12-2014 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join