It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok this baffles me!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Ok maybe this has already been asked or answered somewhere but this place is starting to look like the library of Congress and the U.S. Tax code rolled into one.

Lately when I reply to a thread about half of what I wright shows up. I do not know how to fix it and I am done replying anything over one line till then. I try to post good relevant info that I feel people should see but either there is a glitch or someone is playing games after I post. I doubt that because its pretty quick but I have seen a few NAZI mods here at one time before lol.

Anyone have any idea what is happening? Its not like they are huge reply's, not even close to many here.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Patriotsrevenge

I have had some funky things happen. I noticed one problem was when quoting someone, I would quote then reply and my entire reply was missing. When I went to edit, I noticed that maybe a slash mark was missing or something and once fixed, my post was fine. I don't know if that was the problem with other posts or not, but so far, so good.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Staff cannot "ghost" a post. If we remove it there is always a record, in thread, left behind. Either a tag or a little box saying the post was removed.

There is a quote glitch currently that will remove nested quotes from posts, but that doesn't sound like the issue you are dealing with.

Occams razor would suggest that maybe you are accidentally brushing a key as you are typing? I've done this many, many times and lost entire OP's and posts that way - which taught me to engage in the practice of writing out long replies or thread OP's in Notepad before I seek to post them.

If you have browser add-ons they could also be interfering with the functionality of ATS.

My best two guesses.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 04:14 AM
link   
One possible problem;
Do you often "quote" the post you reply to?
Do you ever begin "nesting" quotations, that is including one "quoted" post inside another one?
One feature which has been introduced to discourage "nesting" is that an opening [ quote ] followed by another opening [ quote ], without any previous closing of the first [ quote ], prevents any following text from being displayed.
If that is the problem, the solution would be to edit down your quoting, or click on Reply instead.

edit on 9-12-2014 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join