It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Keep Your Hands Where They Can See Them.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Cops see people at their worst and they can't assume the person isn't getting ready to shoot them. They have to stay in a state of hyper vigilance.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: MissSmartypantsAnd just as an aside...if I have saved but one life with my timely advice than my obsessive viewing of ATS over the years has not been for naught. And yes flippant and arrogant was what I was going for...its part of the persona.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Your making quite the assumption assuming I post videos to youtube and am being unreasonably difficult to scratch my ass. It's not about sticking it to the man.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluecollarron
See my quote above, and like I said, what makes a cop better than myself. If I need to scratch then that is my right, and doesn't mean i need to have a gun pointed at my head, forced on my knees, and handcuffed like I am a criminal. Ever heard or due process? Innocent until proven guilty? Forgive me if I am wrong, but your post leads me to believe you are or have been a leo.
And a leo has no reason to murder someone when a taser could be just as affective. And can be drawn in the same amount of time.
You seem to have the righteous indignation of youth. Never lose that....but this thread isn't about what's right or just, its about surviving an encounter with a law enforcement officer.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: MissSmartypants
Cops see people at their worst and they can't assume the person isn't getting ready to shoot them. They have to stay in a state of hyper vigilance.

Does the average person have a right to be hyper vigilante when assessing whether the cop they are interacting with is a good/bad cop?

What are your options when you decide that the police officer is not acting appropriately?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join