It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

39 years today in this country and what I think needs to change.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Sounds like somebody needs to start a new country somewhere.

That would be a perfect solution hundreds or thousands of years ago maybe, but not now. There isn't "somewhere" to start a new country anymore. We are already everywhere and even that doesn't seem to be enough space yet. Unless someone plans on starting their new country on another planet I'm afraid we'll just have to fix what's wrong on this one first.

I wonder how difficult it would be to start the first ever Underwater Country??? Even Underground wouldn't work because us surface dwellers are already there too with our Military Bases, Mining Stations, or Drilling.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   
marxism has its flaws but how would you upstanding turds fix them?

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: moren
marxism has its flaws but how would you upstanding turds fix them?

The best way to fix marxism is to not do any of it to begin with.

Keep it as an idealistic academic scholastic theory only.

That's about the only way it "works".

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   
9/58the idea i thought karl marx had right, was to make us all equals no matter the job we do. theoretically that will also do away with social class if we in some way got payed more for the job that was outstanding to the task at hand. my own issue with this idea is that power corrupts absolutely so how do we fix this issue and become a true people of the states**what the barter system

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: bhliberal

I find your rant massively uninformed media regurgitation.

Our government is far too large, needs a serious reduction,

Typical vomit inducing media regurgitation. Some of the best governance in the world is happening in Scandinavia and includes massive government regulation. Before spitting out the media puke you should research which people are happiest with their governments around the world.

I could go on and on quoting your endless vomit of buzz phrases crafted over the years but I'm sure the exercise is futile.
Your self proclaimed knowledge is beyond question and at 39 you've reached your mental peak. Congratulations! A thread dedicated entirely to your wisdom...how amazing!

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: noeltrotsky

It's how I see it, I devour the news, look at multiple points of view from different sources and formulate an opinion based on personal beliefs, research, and investigation.

Good, mistrust the media, they are often blatantly wrong on so many issues.

It's just my opinion. I think I'm entitled to it (oh, used that nasty word, entitled, can't use that word in a crowd full of conservatives, can't be entitled to anything around conservatives can I?)

I understand the echo chamber is a bad place to get political information, that's why I avoid it and come up with my own ideas based on my life and experiences with people around me.

I'm old enough to know I don't know it all, and old enough to know that the current system isn't working. Sorry that I apparently pissed you off on such a personal level (hit a nerve didn't I?). It certainly wasn't my intention.

I'm just stating that I think that there are flaws within the system and those that think that they should only work for themselves without bettering society are in error, I believe that those that choose to flaunt the system and try and skate by forcing others to work for them without themselves contributing anything to society are in error, and I think that those that only see the well to do as worthy and should only reap societies rewards are in error.

Maybe those that are lacking in skills or are displaced without a job can get the means to go to school to learn a better trade, and improve their lives. Sure, you think this is all just media driven hyperbole. Maybe your set in a cush job, have all that you need. But others don't, my point is, maybe we can spend less on military infrastructure waging pointless wars that only make more enemies, and spend more taking care of our own so that they can actually live the American dream which is outside the reach of so many Americans.

Maybe we can start manufacturing things in this country again. Make these products of such quality that it justifies the earnings that the people making them get so that they can get off of food stamps.

You think this is all media driven bull crap? It's reality. You might have it good but what about the downtrodden you see every day? Do you give a crap about the person at the gas station working his ass off for minimum wage? Or the person at the fast food joint? Or the person washing your car, or the maid cleaning up after you bought a hooker? Do you actually give a crap about your fellow man? Or is it just a end of December thing that you do to earn a tax credit?

Do you have the capacity to be charitable just for the sake of humanity or charity without thinking about it as a line item on your tax return?

Do you think the government should end all welfare for the poor, just to save you a few cents on your taxes every year?

after all got to give those gas companies their checks just to keep the price of gas down, got to give corporate farmers subsidies to actually not grow crops to keep the price of corn up,

Cant subsidize manufacturing in your own country to build American products on American soil.

Let me guess, your the one guy in America who doesn't try and itemize his tax deductions at the end of the year honestly reporting all his income (including all that crap you sold on Ebay and the yard sale you had) so that you can have a lower tax bill.

I call bull [snip]

Oh yes, here's this bleeding heart liberal waxing on about how unfair society is and how it's so damn hard to make it in America. Well, it freaking is, and it doesn't help when conservatives close every door they can to make it even harder.

But oh no, it's all media driven hyperbole with no truth to it whatsoever. (says a person who obviously has never ever spent time in a soup kitchen on either side of the tray)

Wanna know what I do a good chunk of my week? I volunteer at a homeless outreach center, helping people get Pell grants to go to school, get the documentation they need so they can get an ID, get food stamps, find low or no cost psychiatric counseling, find low cost dentistry options, telling people what churches are offering feedings, getting people clothes so they can interview for a job. I don't get paid for this, hell, I'm a maid/maintenance/gardener guy at a seedy motel for a living. I do this because it's what needs to be done to better society, cause I don't actually want to see people fail, I want people to have the best chance at bettering themselves.

But what do you do for the betterment of society Mr. "everything you say is media driven hyperbole"? Do you actually make a difference in the community or are you too busy with your own stuff to care about the Americans around you who could use some help?

Oh yes, everything the media says is a lie, nothing is wrong in America, no one is suffering here, no one is hungry here, no one is sick here, all I see is streets paved with gold and those that are out on the streets are there because they are too lazy to work.

I've heard it all from that side, that's why I continue to assert that the libertarian party is just selfish people who can't be assed to help their fellow man. Republicans are only interested in helping those that already have the means to help themselves, and Democrats are too busy trying to regulate absolutely everything and cradle to grave people into the system to actually do any good. Yea, I'm liberal, proud of it, I have a heart for my fellow man. I do for them because I want to, I think it's the right thing to do. Maybe you disagree with what I do. That's fine. I'll continue to do what I can to help everyone I can just because it's something I can do. I have a laptop and am good at navigating government websites and getting people the help they need. I do these things because I can. I think I'm helping society, helping people, and it's the human thing to do.

According to you I'm effing wrong.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   

***verbal diarrhea deleted***

As expected, you failed to address even the ONE EXAMPLE I gave you. Prediction true...not worth the bother.

Resume being an amazing human with the solutions to everything...

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

i'm with you on this.....his breakdown was almost perfect, except for:

- the ad-hom jab at libertarians
- the idiotic assertion that republicans want people to die
- the equally idiotic assertion that republicans want criminals to have access to firearms
- the assertion that paganism is a preferable alternative (i don't believe there is a preferable alternative)
- the assertion that the countries of the world need to invade and renovate africa, while (rightly) pissing on how we've been renovating countries all over the middle east..

he's on to something, but i disagree with him just enough to cost him a flag and star..

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: noeltrotsky

but the federal government IS too big...

it's doing things that the states are supposed to be responsible for...too many redundant departments, too many useless departments, too much waste, fraud, and abuse....yeah, the government does need a slimming.

for the record, i don't have a cable box, or even a coax hookup for my TV, so i'm not watching MSM drivel.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus

1. people need to learn the real meaning of ad hominem It means to the man. Responding to a persons arguments by attacking their character.

But apparently several of you don't understand the difference between a critique of a political ideology and a personal attack, which means that some of you take your political ideology way too personal.

2. Republicans do want people to die, otherwise they wouldn't be so damn pro war.

3. It's apparent that Republicans want criminals to have guns, otherwise they would be demanding the enforcement of current firearm laws.

4.Religion is a personal choice. And is up to the individual

5. So Africa is a Utopia to you? Do we not as a global community need to drag Africa as a continent into the 21st century? I know that Africa is the world's dumping pile for consumer waste, it doesn't mean that we can't bring global civilization to that continent.

Stars and flags on this site mean nothing to me. They don't help our fellow man, and therefore mean dick to the reality that is the world.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 04:38 AM
link   

1. people need to learn the real meaning of ad hominem It means to the man. Responding to a persons arguments by attacking their character.

yes, and your remarks are deliberately disparaging to anyone who identifies as a libertarian...which kinda makes it a personal attack.

But apparently several of you don't understand the difference between a critique of a political ideology and a personal attack, which means that some of you take your political ideology way too personal.

naah, we just don't like ill-informed generalizations, or being ridiculed as a result of them.

2. Republicans do want people to die, otherwise they wouldn't be so damn pro war.

that's the problem with generalizations...they're never right. not all republicans are pro-war.

3. It's apparent that Republicans want criminals to have guns, otherwise they would be demanding the enforcement of current firearm laws.

this makes no sense...

exactly...it's a PERSONAL choice....organized religion, engaging in groupthink is one of the worst things to happen to humanity.

5. So Africa is a Utopia to you? Do we not as a global community need to drag Africa as a continent into the 21st century? I know that Africa is the world's dumping pile for consumer waste, it doesn't mean that we can't bring global civilization to that continent.

no, africa isn't a utopia...a lot of places there are absolute s**tholes, which is why, even if i had the means to go there, i wouldn't.....it's not the job of any country, to tell any other country how to manage it's affairs. this is why we're in so much s**t in the middle east...because we're trying to tell other people how to run their lives..

Stars and flags on this site mean nothing to me. They don't help our fellow man, and therefore mean dick to the reality that is the world.

fair enough.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Congrats, and happy birthday buddy! But I digress... Libertarians are not selfish. I consider myself a bona fide libertarian so I'm going to give my two cents. However keep in mind that one libertarian doesn't speak for all, just as in any particular ideology. Here we go...

You consider libertarians as selfish "A-holes", which is false. You also assume that all libertarians are just anarchists, which is true in my case at least, I am deeply disturbed by the very idea that another man or woman can tell me how to live my life from a room hundreds or thousands of miles away.

But what deeply troubles me is your notion that if you or I didn't HAVE to pay taxes to help people in need then everybody who is struggling is just going to starve to death? What this tells me is that you, on some level (maybe even unconsciously),believe that normal people are inherently bad and selfish, While the politicians are the only ones benevolent enough to bother worrying about the poor? Hahahaha

If there was no government the only difference would be is that you could choose what you spend your money on, instead of giving an institution that is $16,000,000,000(low number I know) in debt our money and saying "here you go y'all! Please don't use my paycheck to bomb some children in Yemen or give yourself a nice fat bonus! (Which they will, to both)

Wouldn't you rather have the choice? Or would you NOT do that with your money if you did? And that is the real reason you think the asshats in suits demanding your money at the barrel of a gun for them to have a heyday with, can manage your money better than you?

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   

a reply to: Daedalus

Except calling Libertarians assholes IS an ad hominem to anyone who is a Libertarian. THAT is the definition of a personal attack. It just happens to be attacking a group of people. It would have been a lot better to just say "Libertarianism is wrong. Here is why." THAT is a valid argument that doesn't personally insult anyone who is a Libertarianism. Maybe you should go back and restudy how logical fallacies work before trying to school everyone else on them?

I've met Republicans that aren't pro-war. But I don't really differentiate between Republicans and Democrats anyways. They are the same party to me, so its supporters support the same thing no matter which party they vote for.

What the eff? This is hyperbole and possibly a slippery slope fallacy. Here's some evidence that says your opinion is wrong.

Pew study: Gun homicides in U.S. dropped nearly 50 percent over 20 years

Looks like firearm laws ARE being enforced and they ARE working.

Yep

Africa is a continent. You do know that there are countries in Africa that AREN'T complete s#holes right? Nigeria for one. I wouldn't call it super great, but they are certainly on the right track. And why do we have to drag Africa anywhere? How well did that work out for is in Southwest Asia?

Well I can't downvote you on this site so I have to have some way to voice my dissatisfaction.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   
why do you people care, the wealthy and powerful run this country, and there isn't a damn thing you can do about it other than type on a blog about it.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Why do you care to post on here? To voice your opinion? Me too! I'm guessing everyone else too...

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

So, my conservative and libertarian allies, care to comment on the torture report released by congress yesterday?

After all it was done under "the administration that shall not be named" (after all we can't possibly talk about the administration before this one, good lord, no, because as we all understand, the universe was pulled into a complete void from January 20, 2001, to January 20, 2008, and all existence ceased during that time.)

So, those that refuse to acknowledge the previous administration actually existed, or things actually happened that affect our lives today, what do you have to say about this?

I already know those that are libertarian won't care, it didn't affect them personally, so it doesn't matter to them. They weren't personally tortured by the CIA so all's good with the world. (while they stare into a mirror fondling their hair, softly repeating "me, me, me, I'm so great, me me me.)

But what about the Conservatives? What say you? As this report shows, nothing was gained at all from "enhanced interrogation" (torture/crimes against humanity)

What do you say those that defended this?

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: bhliberal

You have a serious issue with libertarians don't you? I'm staunchly defending the position that torture is terrible and wrong in every regard in another thread in which I know for a fact you are participating in... but you're just going to ignore that aren't you so you can push your liberal mindset out and degrade any other way of thinking.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: bhliberal

wow, more ignorant assumptions, and stereotypes.....

and you claim to want to have a serious discussion..

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join