It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cia Interrogation Report, Another Obama Political Move!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
It will no doubt "Discover" what every man and woman that has served on the pointy-end already knows: Torture happened and torture doesn't work.

To be followed by the appropriate moral outcry...and then *crickets* until next time when the whole cycle will be repeated.

Oh, and the Right will blame the Left and the Left will blame the right...just in time for everyone to go Christmas shopping and forget the whole thing.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Donkey_Dean

originally posted by: searching411
a reply to: sirlancelot

Please note that is is also airing opposite the Gruber interivew. Looks like an attempt to draw attention away from Obamacare.

When millions of Americans got free healthcare through Obamacare it ensured it will not be going anywhere! That's a lost cause friend! More get free heath coverage than the NRA has members!

What lost the Dems the senate was Gun grabbing!

You may be right, but the premise and precedent set by Obamacare is wrong. No person should be FORCED to pay for another person's bills. If you can't afford it...too bad. Especially something NON-ESSENTIAL. What is next? Car insurance, a nicer home? That is my biggest problem with this program. Forced redistribution is a slippery slope to our government taking everything, and then deciding who gets what. And considering how corrupt the government is...you know those who support them get the bulk, while those opposed get next to nothing. THAT is giving government the keys to the kingdom, and they should never have that power over the people.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Why can't people stay on point?

Predictably the conversation devolves into partisan political fear-mongering unrelated topics.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   

So easy to say all this from the comfort of your home...with your family. I wonder how this opinion would change if there was an angry, hate-filled mob outside your door and plotting to behead everyone in the house.

Here's the problem with that: torture doesn't work. We (everybody) continue to find out if that is still true - and it is - but it doesn't work.

So your total-baloney scenario is pointless.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
and of course....IT'S ALL OBAMA'S FAULT !!!!!!!!......geez....

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
and of course....IT'S ALL OBAMA'S FAULT !!!!!!!!......geez....

Hey you finally got something right.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
awww look at them being all honest...
biggest drug dealers in the world, they create wars and the army/navy/airforce fight them the cia is the most evil organisation i have yet to hear about, i know they will read this so hi guys...

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Leonidas
Why can't people stay on point?

Predictably the conversation devolves into partisan political fear-mongering unrelated topics.

Yo the only reason that report was release was because PARTISAN political fear mongering.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I won't read the report but.....
My understanding is that this report was generated by reviewing some 6.5 million documents obtained from the CIA and that not ONE person was ever interviewed by the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence. This report was generated by the committee's staffers based on reviewing the said documents. Who's to say that some of the documents aren't correct.
Well anyways,
It's strictly a political ploy by the dems to try and divert attention away from the current Gruber hearings in the House and because we are all "STUPID" Americans, we should all fall for this (sic).

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: fltcui

and that not ONE person was ever interviewed by the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence

Your understanding is correct.

They pulled a Rolling Stone.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Donkey_Dean

Yeah it is a 'party' issue.

Why do people think this was released ?

They had 6 years to do it, but only when Gruber called to the hot seat for the ACA.

Its gonna be interesting how MSM reports between the two (Gruber, CIA Report) I'm expecting cnn, msnbc, abc, cbs to report almost entirely about CIA and pass over the Gruber stuff. Of Course Fox will be all over Gruber's chat.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

originally posted by: Donkey_Dean

originally posted by: searching411
a reply to: sirlancelot

Please note that is is also airing opposite the Gruber interivew. Looks like an attempt to draw attention away from Obamacare.

When millions of Americans got free healthcare through Obamacare it ensured it will not be going anywhere! That's a lost cause friend! More get free heath coverage than the NRA has members!

What lost the Dems the senate was Gun grabbing!

You may be right, but the premise and precedent set by Obamacare is wrong. No person should be FORCED to pay for another person's bills. If you can't afford it...too bad. Especially something NON-ESSENTIAL. What is next? Car insurance, a nicer home? That is my biggest problem with this program. Forced redistribution is a slippery slope to our government taking everything, and then deciding who gets what. And considering how corrupt the government is...you know those who support them get the bulk, while those opposed get next to nothing. THAT is giving government the keys to the kingdom, and they should never have that power over the people.

Agreed! I have 6 dependents and every year I see folks getting $8,000 tax refunds while I am left owing. I certainly feel stomped on and penalized for just getting by. I really am just getting by after the tax burden!

I am all for keeping our less fortunate out the gutter as it affords us all a high living standard, but that's not what is happening. Instead my hard earned money goes to cheats, illegals, secret police, war etc etc..

I positively hate Feinstein and her Gun Grabbing ways! Don't confuse yourself! If you have never heard of the Hersh Children stuff look it up. Any who were complacent should never hold any public office! Politicized or not the truth needs to be told here!
edit on 9-12-2014 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Conjecture ?

That's funny...Sounds like you got caught telling the truth.

This is the Administration is a new low in America.

I would impeach and not care who it pissed off.

I would start water boarding Mr. Gruber and give him a "I Can't Breathe T-Shirt".

OK, I was joking on the last one.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
It's a going away present from Democrats who won't have much power in January.

And I bet every word of the report is scripted.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Gee It's not like the current administration levied charges on the CIA for this.

That is until it's lap dog the DOJ decided 'against' going further.

This was back in 2012.

Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. announced Thursday that no one would be prosecuted for the deaths of a prisoner in Afghanistan in 2002 and another in Iraq in 2003, eliminating the last possibility that any criminal charges will be brought as a result of the brutal interrogations carried out by the C.I.A.

www.nytimes.com...

Now two years later back to playing the Bush card.

This crap is sickening.

Especially so when people were already getting their heads cut off.

The left, and the administration put politics ahead of this nation's best interests YET AGAIN.

Effing treasonous.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I love threads like this. It's like free giggles all around.

Something happened? It's OBAMA and his dirty MUSLIM TERRORIST friends trying to do something underhanded and unethical!

It's a dirty Barack HUSSEIN Obama tactic to divert attention! It's the failed Demo senate's last thumb in the eye of us poor, demonized, peace loving republicans!

Please do continue, I've got my popcorn at the ready and my laughin' jammies on.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Something happened? It's OBAMA and his dirty MUSLIM TERRORIST friends trying to do something underhanded and unethical!

Let's see.

Trading deserteres for terrorists, when hes not outright letting them go.

Aiding the muslim brotherhood, in Egypt, and those Syrian 'freedom' fighters, deals with Iran.

And the latest example of trying to sanction Israel.

If it looks,talks, and quacks like a duck.

It's a GD duck.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I wish it was possible to deliver sound via these boards. My reply would be a good, solid quack.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
If torture was so 'inefffective' as Mc Cain is parroting.

Then why has civilization used it for the last 5000+ years.

Because people like retribution. It makes them feel good to harm their enemies.

Besides that, McCain went through some of the harshest torture on the planet, if there's anyone qualified to speak of the damage it does and it's usefulness, it's him.

There is also a school of thought primarily embraced by eastern cultures these days that harshly treating prisoners, including brutal torture deters people from fighting against you. The competing western philosophy is that treating your prisoners well encourages them to come to your side because the consequences for losing their battle results in a comfortable life. Examples of the failure of the first in action is WW2 and Vietnam where Americans did anything including killing themselves before letting themselves be taken prisoner. Examples of the second in action would be Iraq's Republican Guard at the time when Iraq had one of the best military's in the world outright surrendering to the US in less than a day because of how well the prisoners were treated.
edit on 9-12-2014 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Then why don't they cry about everything else the US government has done ?

Stuff like this:

en.wikipedia.org...

'We don't torture' blah blah blah.

But we experiment, and brainwash people!!!!

No matter how much people cry about torture.

It is SELECTIVE outrage.

I guess cause they can't blame Bush for it.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join