It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cia Interrogation Report, Another Obama Political Move!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: buster2010

These people were never in America and had never attacked America.

Never attacked America ?

I see someone is clearly ignoring the embassy bombings, and the USS Cole

directorblue.blogspot.com...

On August 7, 1998, Al Qaeda bombs the U.S. embassies in Nairobi and Tanzania, killing 225 and wounding 4,000.

en.wikipedia.org...

Clinton's cruise missile attacks.

'Never' attacked anyone eh.

That was effing hilarious.

Where is the proof that the people in those prisons were part of this? I never said we haven't been attacked by terrorist. I said the ones in those prisons never attacked America perhaps you need to work on your reading skills.

Maybe the reason why these prisoners never attacked us is because we stopped them before they could...because interragations work??

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   

You might be locked in to the MSM/ultra-Academic endless loop of malarkey.

It's manifesting itself.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: sirlancelot

2) THose Detainees where and are terrorist who either killed or had a part in killing Americans.

How do you know that? How many were given a trial to prove that? More than 750 people have been held at GITMO. There's only about 130 left. That remaining 620? Seven percent went back to fight against American interests. That's 93% who either 1) learned their lesson or 2) weren't terrorists in the first place.

Get a clue.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: links234

2) THose Detainees where and are terrorist who either killed or had a part in killing Americans.

How do you know that? How many were given a trial to prove that? More than 750 people have been held at GITMO. There's only about 130 left. That remaining 620? Seven percent went back to fight against American interests. That's 93% who either 1) learned their lesson or 2) weren't terrorists in the first place.

Get a clue.

Not doubting you but you got proof of this.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

You might be locked in to the MSM/ultra-Academic endless loop of malarkey.

It's manifesting itself.

No kidding.

Seems quite a few are interested in rehashing a 14 year old 'argument'.

I wonder why they don't hold the current guy in the oval office to the same standards.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

1) Shouldn't have been torturing people in the first place... Not Obama's fault. 2) Republicans & Bush made this bed themselves they can lie in it... Not Obama's fault. 3) Those "detainees" are hostages and kidnap victims who shouldn't have been in Guantanamo without fair trial... Not Obama's fault.

You really think the Presidents have the real power to stop or start any of this? You do remember Kennedy being shot don't you? He was the last, to try and stand up against the CIA and look how far he got with that one. Just knowing guns, I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt he took a rifle shot to the face blowing the back of his head off.

Only the CIA or the military could have got away with that stunt. The military was not going to be that bold in that type of situation and probably gave the go ahead to the CIA for it, otherwise if they were against it they probably would have bombed CIA headquarters into a gazillion pieces. Nothing gets by our Military Intelligence even though they would like you to believe that it does happen a lot.

This is why Obama is firing every military commander who is against him and who know how to fight a war. He has that authority as commander and chief to do so but he is playing with a fire he will not be able to put out should he go much further with his antics. Too many former Generals have already said they would sack the white house and arrest him if they had one division of Marines with them. That day would be the greatest day in American history!

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   

a reply to: xuenchen

The real conspiracy is how long Clinton knew the 9/11 attacks were in the works.

There is no conspiracy. If you really knew what you were talking about then you would know that they left ample warning for Bush about Bin Laden but Bush ignored everything he was told.

Except this conspiracy....

Clinton White House ignored 9/11 warnings

Valid conspiracy: Clinton withheld and downplayed info to Bush transition team. Payback for the 2000 election.

edit on Dec-08-2014 by xuenchen because: *

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Patriotsrevenge

Whether the CIA killed Kennedy is up for debate...
At least in some circles.

I don't believe so however.

I think if the CIA were that powerful they would control the government and wouldn't give a # what people think.

However I don't see them as they are portrayed.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   

This will accomplish a few things for Obama:

1. Piss off the terrorist and the world at the response America has made to combat terrorism.
2. Make republicans and Bush look bad since there was torture of some degree projected towards detainees.
3. Justify why he is releasing detainees in his typical unconstitutional manner.

1. People getting pissed off at what the American Gov. and it's military have done by using Torture and/or Illegal Tactics is totally Justified if these documents prove that is what they've been doing. Are you saying it's better to just keep allowing them to act in illegal ways and lie about it just so people don't get pissed at them for it???

2. Again. If people get pissed over something that is Justifiably something to get pissed over then it's the right thing to do. Allowing something horrible to continue in the dark just to keep people ignorant and happy isn't the way to go. If the Republicans and Bush were torturing people, then f*ck them!! They are the problem and they should be held accountable for it. If they didn't want to get in trouble for it then they shouldn't have been doing it.

3. I'll agree with you 100% on this one. They should be able to Justify all their actions actually. If they can't then it's probably because they shouldn't be doing it in the first place.

It is my opinion that Obama is doing anything and everything to create drama (deflection) so America and the world are so busy protesting that they don't see what is really going on.

Welcome to Politics. Especially American Politics.
Not that this should be allowed or that it's not a problem which it certainly is. I'm just saying, deflection and distraction is and has always been part of the playbook of Politics.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Firstly, Obama has been trying for years to release detainees, and Republicans have gone after him for not closing Guantanamo Bay, as promised when he ran in 2008.

Of course, what Republicans won't tell you is that THEY were the ones that blocked Guantanamo being closed, despite several attempts by Obama to do so, early in his Presidency.

Secondly, the Republican era of Bush / Cheney don't need Obama to make them look bad.

Thirdly, this report will make America look so bad that many embassies and bases around the world are on full military alert in advance of the release, because they are so worried about reprisals.

This is hardly a plan of a President who WANTS this report released.

Lately, due to wild conspiracy theories set in few facts, I find myself becoming more and more skeptical of so many claims. Many conspiracies are out there, that get completely ignored in favour of ridiculous claims like these.

Anyone been talking about the admitted secret shuttle program that NASA have kept going for several years, launching mini unmanned shuttles but never telling anyone why they are going up? Hardly anyone is talking about them, for starters.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
My point is that the timing of this release is purely political! Anyone that cant see that is obvious ignorant.

Doesn't anyone think it's coincidental that the same day Gruber is going to grilled they just have to release this?!?!

So $20 bucks the MSM spin and focus will be mostly on the CIA report and next to nothing about Gruber!

This is a smokescreen, plain and simple.

For anyone to believe that most of the detainees where there with no justification is weak. Yes our government does stupid things all the time but personally Id rather a possible threat be vetted considering the risk of not doing so is another 9/11.

Lastly most of the detainees are muslim and muslims have a long history of murder, torture, and worse. Guess that makes me a islamophobe. Ok Im cool with that!

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
You could be right about us being lack up to 9/11 but since then how many times has the U.S been attacked?
Maybe these interrogations do work.

By America being attacked do you mean by people defending themselves against an invasion?

If you aim is to provide security and defense to the people then these interrogations do not work. If you aim is to satisfy the hate, malice and blood lust then it sure is a winner.

There is already more than enough vectors of intelligence around to secure the community. The mountains of false testimony extracted from torture does put it low on the quality of information.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Honestly, I think the release of this has more to do with creating a press distraction from the Gruber grilling on Tuesday.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Maybe the reason why these prisoners never attacked us is because we stopped them before they could...because interragations work??

So you support detaining people without charge, and then torturing them over things they might do in the future? You might go out and kill the President. I have every reason to believe you're capable of it. You post on conspiracy forums, you advocate that the government is soft, your posting history suggests you're very interested in police use of force. Should we detain you because of what you have the capability of doing? Should we then torture you just to be sure you're telling us the truth that you're innocent?

originally posted by: Patriotsrevenge
This is why Obama is firing every military commander who is against him and who know how to fight a war. He has that authority as commander and chief to do so but he is playing with a fire he will not be able to put out should he go much further with his antics. Too many former Generals have already said they would sack the white house and arrest him if they had one division of Marines with them. That day would be the greatest day in American history!

The greatest day in American history would be the day a General who was fired leads a successful military coup against the country?
edit on 8-12-2014 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Lol.

I never said the government is soft I said your average American is too soft to do the dirty work that our government needs to do to keep us cozy at night.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   

My point is that the timing of this release is purely political! Anyone that cant see that is obvious ignorant.

For anyone to believe that most of the detainees where there with no justification is weak. Yes our government does stupid things all the time but personally Id rather a possible threat be vetted considering the risk of not doing so is another 9/11.

All the more reason to release them then. If their actions are justified and within reason then there shouldn't be a problem. However, if these documents reveal a massive illegal torture program by our government then that should be known so it can be stopped.

BTW, everything a politician does is always "purely political". They're politicians, what else would it be??

Lastly most of the detainees are muslim and muslims have a long history of murder, torture, and worse. Guess that makes me a islamophobe. Ok Im cool with that!

You may be cool with that, but that neither makes it "cool" or "legal" for that matter for our Government to do it. After all, what did Chaney and the rest of them say over and over again??? "We Don't Torture."

Well, ok. If that is true then we shouldn't find anything in these documents showing them using torture then. If we do, then they have lied and acted illegally and should be held accountable for it. I don't see a problem.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   

a reply to: Aazadan

Lol.

I never said the government is soft I said your average American is too soft to do the dirty work that our government needs to do to keep us cozy at night.

I don't know about that, but that's not the part I was responding to. It was your assertion that we stopped future terrorist attacks by torturing prisoners. Prisoners who by the way we never even proved were enemy combatants or were in a position to know anything in the first place.

Torture is notoriously unreliable. If I were a sadist I could round up 100 random people off the street and systematically torture them, by the end of it I would be able to construct a plot to nuke Los Angeles, as well as have a list of names and locations to take out in order to prevent the strike. After performing said strike it doesn't mean I actually prevented a plot. People under torture give very unreliable information, and as a defense mechanism they begin to create lies in their head which they tell and retell until everyone including the person being tortured believes it to be true.

The only purpose in torture is in obtaining a feeling of vengeance.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

A farce like the way GW Bush is trying to block it?

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Moral high ground? Let's see you get your penis cut off, shoved in your mouth and see if you can still maintain the moral high ground. We should have nuked that forsaken country.

darkandbizaarestories.blogspot.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join