It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unbelievable! Air executive could face legal action following nuts-rage incident

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
And the "moron of the year" award goes to:

Cho Hyun-ah.

Reports from Seoul said Cho Hyun-ah, the airline’s vice-president and the eldest daughter of its chief executive, Cho Yang-ho, could face legal action following the incident, which forced the aircraft to stop taxiing and return to its gate at JFK airport. Cho Hyun-ah reportedly screamed at the flight attendant, who has not been named, for not asking her if she would like a preflight snack of macadamia nuts, and then for committing the egregious act of serving them in a paper bag rather than on a plate. At one point, Cho reportedly told the attendant to fetch the in-flight service manual so that she could check company policy on serving nuts in the first-class cabin.

www.theguardian.com...

Elitist, entitled, disgusting. I'm sure she's not the only VP around that thinks their arrogance warrants us "peasants" to suffer.

Fire her, fine her, put her in jail and get her therapy. This is just ridiculous. She was obviously too into herself to think about the normal folks just wanting to get to their destination. She also may have broken the law.
You can bet that she treats everyone around her that isn't rich like this. Hopefully she learns a lesson in social etiquette.

edit on 8-12-2014 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: canucks555

Not high strung are we??
Maybe she missed her daily coffee fix

Sounds like the nuts she eats has turned her into one, just saying
You are what you eat!!

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
It's nice that the airline has a manual to tell the attendants how to serve the nuts in 1st class!

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I recently heard that China is going to make it against the law to use puns . Better watch out . :>) a reply to: evc1shop

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I wonder how long a regular citizen would be in prison for pulling a stunt like this. She'll get a slap on the wrist, if that, I'd wager. Unless I read it wrong, she didn't get arrested which would have been the first thing anyone of us would have had happening.

Why even have laws if they only pertain to certain segments of the population?

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Man, and I put up with the seat kickers without an outburst.
That's just nutty!

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
I recently heard that China is going to make it against the law to use puns . Better watch out . :>) a reply to: evc1shop

Ha!

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I would not have been able to refrain had I been there.
"You want to see how a Texan serves nuts?"

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
What's unbelievable is that someone would have that level of anger about a bag of nuts.

There are many stories of this sort of rage lately, in all walks of life. People need to be held accountable for their ridiculous expectations and resulting actions.

The plane had to turn around. She should be billed for any expenses incurred by ANY of the passengers who missed any connecting flights etc, and for the extra cost of the fuel.

She should also be added to the no fly list as she obviously has unreasonable expectations of the airlines.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Even with what people pay for first class tickets, it gives them no excuse to treat people like this.

For some reason, people see flight attendants as someone they can regularly scream at and berate for the smallest of reasons.

Flight attendants are real people, too.

If she was flying on the company dime, she should lose her job.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   
She broke a number of laws regarding acceptable behavior on board an airliner as a passenger in the US. She should have been arrested by the Air Marshall Service and detained for action by US Courts. Instead she may find her visa status revoked by the State Department and her name placed on the no fly list which in essence bans her from the US. What a stupid thing to do to anyone under any circumstances. My best,

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Update:

The executive, Cho Hyun-ah, resigned Tuesday amid a storm of public criticism in South Korea. The airline had earlier excused her behavior even as it apologized for inconveniencing passengers. South Korean media reported this week that the flight from New York City to Incheon, South Korea returned to the gate after Cho told the head of cabin crew to leave the plane. The reports said Cho quarreled with crew in the first class cabin and the flight departed 20 minutes late. Cho, 40, is the oldest child of Korean Air's chairman, tycoon Cho Yang-ho. Her two siblings are also executives at South Korea's largest airline. The incident caused uproar in South Korea where it was seen as an example of over-mighty behavior by the offspring of the moneyed elite.

www.foxnews.com...

I'm sure she'll be just fine and have another job where she can strut her stuff. lol

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Probably just having a bad day, the poor dear.

new topics

top topics

join