It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Local blacks show up more in crime data...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: mikeone718

Do you want those cops harrasing you?
Or do you only want them to harass the people that cause you to be scared on the subway?

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I have yet to be harassed by cops. True story.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   
You know, when average, hard working, productive people try to claim that the whole system is rigged against them they are usually referred to as paranoid schizophrenics.

When a hard working guy claims he's getting mugged on the street by lowlife thugs then burgled in his home by those thugs cousins, he gets called a bigot.

When some white loser gets 5 DUI's and finally gets his license revoked we call him an alcoholic.

So why is it that when black criminals get caught and put in jail we call them victims?

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: gorsestar
a reply to: mikeone718

And that's how profiling turned into harassment. I'm so constitutional we won't agree. I'm gonna say everyone should've opted to carry guns instead of giving up constitional rights.

I guess we can agree on the gun issue - if I was allowed a gun in this liberal state, I wouldn't need the police. Those out there with a mind to take from me what I work for would be filled with hot lead. But in the meantime, as the OP and his facts pointed out, there are certain kinds out there that do make me look over my shoulder.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
What point are you bigots on here trying to prove.... somebody make a thread pointing out white peoples nonsense.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

Is this the case in Europe too then? Where blacks don't have a history of slavery or a history of discrimination?

In fact, the authorities seem to bend over backwards for blacks and still they're way overrepresented in violent crime.

You would be hardpressed to call the police unnecessarily violent when they don't even respond with any significant force when attacked with rocks like they were on the West Bank. If they weren't so afraid to be called racists they'd be shooting these fools with rubber bullets and in this case it would be totally justified. Instead they get a life in luxury handed to them on a silver plate and they still # it up..

There's always some excuse. Maybe it's time to start talking about degenerate cultures and stop blaming everything else?

There's a lot of people that were enslaved after the trans-Atlantic slave trade stopped, you don't ever hear them using it as an excuse though, only black americans.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: hammanderr
You know, when average, hard working, productive people try to claim that the whole system is rigged against them they are usually referred to as paranoid schizophrenics.

When a hard working guy claims he's getting mugged on the street by lowlife thugs then burgled in his home by those thugs cousins, he gets called a bigot.

When some white loser gets 5 DUI's and finally gets his license revoked we call him an alcoholic.

So why is it that when black criminals get caught and put in jail we call them victims?

If it is true that Cops just scoop up Black Folks and take them to jail.

Then, we have a problem. I just personally have never seen such a thing.

I'm not saying it doesn't happen. It sounds a little odd.

But, it might be happening. My Father was an Officer for 30 years.

I grew up around Cops of all colors. I can tell you first hand. They didn't do that.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3u40r15m
What point are you bigots on here trying to prove.... somebody make a thread pointing out white peoples nonsense.

We made it to page 2 before we got called bigots.

I'm disappointed....Where were you on page 1 ?

You're slipping...🐓💩

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Regarding our... "justice" system... I encourage you to read this. I apologize for the length, but the article is quite long and I feel these are the relevant points:
Three Years on Rikers Without Trial

In the early hours of Saturday, May 15, 2010, ten days before his seventeenth birthday, Kalief Browder and a friend were returning home...
An officer said that a man had just reported that they had robbed him. “I didn’t rob anybody,” Browder replied. “You can check my pockets.”

The officers searched him and his friend but found nothing. As Browder recalls, one of the officers walked back to his car, where the alleged victim was, and returned with a new story: the man said that they had robbed him not that night but two weeks earlier.
Browder had already had a few run-ins with the police, including an incident eight months earlier, when an officer reported seeing him take a delivery truck for a joyride and crash into a parked car. Browder was charged with grand larceny. He told me that his friends drove the truck and that he had only watched, but he figured that he had no defense, and so he pleaded guilty.
...because Browder was still on probation, the judge ordered him to be held and set bail at three thousand dollars.
...On the morning of July 28, 2010... “How do you plead, sir, guilty or not guilty?”

“Not guilty,” Browder said.
...an assistant district attorney sent the court a “Notice of Readiness,” stating that “the People are ready for trial.” The case was put on the calendar for possible trial on December 10th, but it did not start that day. On January 28, 2011, Browder’s two-hundred-and-fifty-eighth day in jail, he was brought back to the courthouse once again. This time, the prosecutor said, “The People are not ready. We are requesting one week.”
... June 23, 2011: People not ready, request 1 week.
August 24, 2011: People not ready, request 1 day.
November 4, 2011: People not ready, prosecutor on trial, request 2 weeks.
December 2, 2011: Prosecutor on trial, request January 3rd.
...For a defendant who is in jail, the more a case drags on the greater the pressure to give up and plead guilty. By early 2012, prosecutors had offered Browder a deal—three and a half years in prison in exchange for a guilty plea. He refused.
...On February 17th... “Your Honor, the assigned assistant is currently on vacation.”
...In the fall, prosecutors offered him a new deal: if he pleaded guilty, he’d get two and a half years in prison, which meant that, with time served, he could go home soon.
... June 29, 2012: People not ready, request one week.
September 28, 2012: People not ready, request two weeks.
November 2, 2012: People not ready, request one week.
December 14, 2012: People not ready, request one week.
...On March 13, 2013... Judge DiMango explained to Browder, “If you go to trial and lose, you could get up to fifteen.” Then she offered him an even more tempting deal: plead guilty to two misdemeanors—the equivalent of sixteen months in jail—and go home now, on the time already served.
... he said. “I want to go to trial.”
...On May 29th, the thirty-first court date on Browder’s case, there was another development. DiMango peered down from the bench. “The District Attorney is really in a position right now where they cannot proceed,” she said. “It is their intention to dismiss the case.”

This is our justice system.

A dysfunctional almost barter system, where people are hauled off to jail and toyed with for years - left to rot until they give in and plea.

It got to this poor young man. He tried to kill himself twice due to the conditions on Rikers. Three years of excuses by prosecutors. Three years of suffering - missing out on the last of high school, maybe college and work. That's a tremendous setback.

Perhaps the case of Kalief Browder is an outlier... but what if it isn't, and his resolve to see a trial instead of plea is what changes his statistic on the board - from "incarcerated criminal" to just another man on the street?
edit on 0Tue, 09 Dec 2014 00:00:40 -0600America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago12 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Haven't had much time to gander on here. So. I'm a little behind.

Now Is their a thread where I can slander whites?

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3u40r15m

Haven't had much time to gander on here. So. I'm a little behind.

Now Is their a thread where I can slander whites?

Just pick a thread....

Bashing White People is a favorite sport here.

This is what you really want....Can't wait.

Happy Now?

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   

best part of the movie.
my name, is mama licka boo boo day.

kill kill kill the white man
kill him until he is dead

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: AgentShillington

originally posted by: whyamIhere

originally posted by: AgentShillington
Black people are convicted of crimes more often than white people, that doesn't mean that black people are committing more crimes than white people, it just means that they are being -prosecuted- more often than white people.

I think you may be right.

Are there any facts to back that up....Curious ?

www.crf-usa.org...
www.huffingtonpost.com...
www.discoverthenetworks.org...

A few links to stories with sources.

Interesting....I have nothing to say on article number 2.

Article number one is Rodney King and his prior criminal record as well as how the entire incident of that case went down are enough for me to see it as yet another thug that was praised by the black community when he should not have been

Article three seems to be against what you are trying to state, it was very long and concluded with:

Even though America's legal-education and civil-rights establishments have created a massive industry devoted entirely to uncovering even the barest shred of evidence pointing toward white racism in the justice system, the net result of their efforts has been nothing more than an occasional study showing a miniscule, unexplained racial disparity in sentencing, while most other analyses continue to find no racial effect at all.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Reading about Rodney King brought this to mind,

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

In opposite land?

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

In opposite land?

Yes...

I hope you have a great Holiday (Christmas) Season.

🎅🎄🎁

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Same to you. I hope you are blessed with truth this year.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Same to you. I hope you are blessed with truth this year.

Thanks, I think...

Mojo

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Lol that's better than a thread. Now I can finally click outta this thread satisfied!

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greven
Perhaps the case of Kalief Browder is an outlier... but what if it isn't, and his resolve to see a trial instead of plea is what changes his statistic on the board - from "incarcerated criminal" to just another man on the street?

That is business as usual today. The entire "justice" system is built around the idea of getting someone to plea into a crime. Innocent, guilty, it doesn't matter. They want you to admit to something, and they want to jail you for it.

We're supposed to have a system of due process, but instead we have a system that does everything it can to make you admit to a crime, even when it's a crime you didn't commit. If you have a good lawyer you admit to something trivial and get a fine. If you have a public defender you admit to something more serious and spend time in jail.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join