It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Students fight for right to bare all

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I guess this is a way to draw attention from grades and put the focus on other pluses or minuses.Talk about a casual campus! Should this be allowed? I don't know what the laws against nakedness on campus are.

BENNINGTON, Vermont (Reuters) -- Students occasionally parading buck naked around Vermont's Bennington College campus has been a tolerated, if peculiar, part of the university's student culture here since the 1960s.

www.cnn.com...

Students have long enjoyed an informal policy allowing them to go naked on campus. Whether it was as a topless sunbather lounging on the lawn or students running naked at an annual bonfire party, college officials turned a blind eye.

I think it get a little cold in Vermont I bet this is a mostly nice weather activity!

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 10:49 AM
link   
What, no photos?

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I thought there would be photos too Damn!

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Stuart Hurd, Bennington's town manager. "More power to them. We are too uptight about public nudity in this country."

That says it all.

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 12:24 PM
link   
LOL I love this bit!

While the impending onset of the New England winter has put a temporary pause to the dispute, students are preparing for a springtime assault.

Could be embarressing eh boys!

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Good for them. ^_^ It's nice to see people who realize what the constitution should allow them to do. Kudos to them!

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Then...there's the people you most definitely would not want to see naked....

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I suppose on a campus where the student body is more mature and tolerant of these activities and it does not hamper the learning environment, they can do as they please. I just know that kind of thing will not fly here in the south.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I have heard about some incidents in vermont, and even seen some live footage of a few streakers caught on the news(LIVE)(www.google.com; Vermont; College Nudists)

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Could be embarressing eh boys!

Women know about shrinkage in cold, right?

Elaine (from Seinfeld): "It shrinks?"

I imagine the current temp in New England pretty much solved the problem, hehe....

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by orfeo8
Then...there's the people you most definitely would not want to see naked....

Too bad..if one can anyone can

EDITED to add that I was wondering when I read the first post how long it would take someone to post that!

[edit on 12/13/2004 by LadyV]

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Its only the human bodie i think i was born naked and not wearing undearwear and a t-shirt

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   
i bet they are allll ugly...i wouldnt be surprised..its always the ugly ones that want to walk around naked ....

but if i were hot...and had a sweet bod..id want to walk around naked...but thats because im an idiot...

way to fight..for your right...to bare your arse...keep up the good work and wasting time that could be spent studying or hey...feed the needy....that seems like a better way to use your time...

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   
thank god other people in this country are seeing public nudity as NOTHING!!! i was getting tires of this puritain society,

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I think people should be allowed to walk around naked. Think of the money we would save by not wearing cloths. I would never walk around naked in winter time, Especially in New England! Itd probably look like a pin and some marbles. Not a good way to meat the ladies.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I cruise around my apartment naked all the time, and have no problem with nudity. Being an American, and having been to the beaches of some of th European countries, I immediately noticed that you can spot an American (at least an american male) at a distance. We seem to be one of the main societies that see nudity as purely sexual, not as a natural act. While this is a free country (or is supposed to be) our freedoms are not meant to be at the expense of others, therefore, if people are offended, we shouldnt do it, or at a minimum, try do do it when it would be least offensive to others, out of respect for others remaining freedoms. I agree with both sides of the campus argument. The student body should have realized that during student/family orientation isnt the best time to do such a thing given there are going to be puritan type minded parent walking the campus, and therefore should have remained clothed. But, also, the dean should have realized that if its unwritten, it can not be enforced if it has been allowed in the past during other times. If the students wish to continue nude activities, more power to them, hopefully they realise (sic, i never know how to speel that word, my spell check says its corrrect both ways) that to get respect for what they do, they must also be respectful of others.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I am sure these "streakers" are just doing it for attention. Once everybody gets used to it I amsure they will realize how stupid it is to waste your time will all this Frivolity and get back to making a decent future for themselves! As if the job market isn't hard enough these days!

top topics

join