It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pot Sales Fund College Education

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Well, how else can you afford the cost of living AND college without support? Simple answer is its almost impossible. Cost of living is to high and low paying jobs just dont make enough to cover the basics anymore while you go to school.

A senior finance major at Bloomsburg University is accused of running a marijuana ring to pay for his education.

The Press Enterprise says 22 year-old Francis Po of the Philadelphia area is accused of moving 25 pounds of pot every two weeks and sometimes as much as 50 pounds. He allegedly traveled to Philadelphia for the drug and then would sell it for about three thousand dollars a pound. Police say the ring raised as much as $100,000 and also helped Po put his two sisters through school as well.

This kid put himself through college and is putting his sisters through school but gues what... now what happens to the young girls and this promising future entrepreneur?

3 lives destroyed over nothing.
edit on 12/8/2014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Oh wow, he might land a job with a big corporation. They are always looking for people with a good business mind and who are willing to take a little risk to take care of the expenses and show a profit.

See what you can learn in College, I bet he gets a high paying job.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Oh wow, he might land a job with a big corporation. They are always looking for people with a good business mind and who are willing to take a little risk to take care of the expenses and show a profit.

A good mindset????!!! He is pedaling an illegal substance willfully. Maybe the guy should have moved to Colorado and opened a dispensary and done # the legal way.

I do not feel bad for him.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Nope, hell never make it through the interview process now. Once he marks "yes" on the background check part, its tossed immediately and one of the next 100 candidates is given the opportunity instead.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: shaneslaughta

Its a stupid law in whats alleged as a free country, a free country in which we dont even have personal sovereignty over our own consciousness and bodies.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Its a stupid law in whats alleged as a free country, a free country in which we dont even have personal sovereignty over our own consciousness and bodies.

I agree that is stupid. But the law is the law. As for it being a free country, it is and it isn't. Its a system of smoke and mirrors to keep you entombed in a semi free country run by protectionists and corporation. Slaves to the machine that is the USA.

Sure you can have some healthcare and food, but where is the real help at. Self sufficiency training?

Seems my mind is wandering again so ill wrap it up

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Its totally ignorant to be in support of this law because its the law. Its an unjust law and should be fought against and ignored every step of the way until its changed.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

So many people turn to selling drugs because they can't make ends meet the legal way. This is true for people in my town, people can't pay rent & food so they turn to selling drugs.

The basics to life: shelter, food, water, heat, education & health care should be free & there is absolutely zero reason for it not be to be free.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Sabiduria

I agree with you, only a totally selfish moron thinks they have the right to deny someone any of those things for profit.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sabiduria
The basics to life: shelter, food, water, heat, education & health care should be free & there is absolutely zero reason for it not be to be free.

Completely agree with that!

Some wont

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Switzerland is looking better and better...They pay their adult citizens nearly 1.5k per month simply to live; meanwhile Americans have to sell drugs just to keep food on the table and to educate oneself...

The bar just keeps getting lower...hell who am i kidding? There is no bar for the Corporate States of America.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

Yes it really is a shame that some don't. I would like to see money eventually vanish but for now we should start with the basics.

Some people can work two jobs all their lives and hardly ever make ends meet and then there are those who get handed everything on a silver platter because their parents had money & they never have to work to earn that wealth.

There are a lot of injustices but I'll save that for another thread
edit on 12 8 2014 by Sabiduria because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype

Finland is pretty awesome too. Minimum wage is above $20, health care & education are free & if you lose your job, they help you find a new one.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Its totally ignorant to be in support of this law because its the law. Its an unjust law and should be fought against and ignored every step of the way until its changed.

I never said i supported it, just that it is what is is. Catch my drift?

Edit: Submitted too soon.

Ignoring it isn't going to make any difference. You can still die for your country before you can drink a beer.

Tell me how ignoring and breaking laws is going to help anything but get your ass thrown in jail or killed. Because you want to sell an illegal substance.

Sure i get it. Gotta do hat you gotta do and all.
edit on 12/8/2014 by shaneslaughta because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

He's done for. His actions denied both the banks and the US government profit on what would have been his student loans. On top of that, as part of his punishment he is now ineligible for any future student loans.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: shaneslaughta
A good mindset????!!! He is pedaling an illegal substance willfully. Maybe the guy should have moved to Colorado and opened a dispensary and done # the legal way.

I do not feel bad for him.

Let's say a guy becomes a billionaire by owning the country's most successful beer brewery. We might say he's a successful entrepreneur, a successful businessman, etc etc, because he knows how to provide a product and generate income. Then one day, alcohol becomes illegal. Do you think everyone is going to suddenly turn around and say the guy is some kind of criminal? That he's dangerous, or that he should be locked away, because he used to provide beer to people? No, probably not.

Maybe when the government arrests you as a potential terrorist for expressing your opinion on ATS, I'll go around telling everyone you're a blight upon society and deserve what you got.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
He's done for. His actions denied both the banks and the US government profit on what would have been his student loans. On top of that, as part of his punishment he is now ineligible for any future student loans.

"Oh, you were trying to pay your student loans instead of going into debt? Well now you're not allowed to have student loans. Take that, criminal scum."

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Lesson learned, they all got a higher education. The media is just trying to stir the pot. If this becomes a more chronic problem, lot's of peoples futures will go up in smoke. I hope it passes...

top topics

join