It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof that Racism is stil alive and well

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

originally posted by: Willtell
We try for historical accuracy unless its about Biblical God related material then it doesn't matter

It's 2015 why do we still have to have this conversation with people?

Because in 2015 there still shooting black people down in the street like dogs

When that ends then we can stop having this conversation

Its painful ain't it.

Just like that Polish lady who went crazy when I told her the truth

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

HollyWood?? That's proof that racism is big in the "Liberal Circle". Seeing how HollyWood is a liberal cesspool.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Because in 2015 there still shooting black people down in the street like dogs

When that ends then we can stop having this conversation

Its painful ain't it.

Just like that Polish lady who went crazy when I told her the truth

What does the bible not being a history book have to do with shootings?
edit on 12/8/2014 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Look at Mel Gibson who goes to great lengths in his movies to depict realism, such as Apacalypto, and Brave Heart which were awesomely realistic.

But when it comes to depicting Jesus he distorts reality by making him European and white.

What is that?

edit on 8-12-2014 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Look at Mel Gibson who goes to great lengths in his movies, such as Apacalypto, and Brave Heart which were awesomely realistic.

But when it comes to depicting Jesus he distorts reality by making him European and white.

What is that?

If god can do anything - could he not have been a white european man born to arabic jews; or must god still obey the laws of genetics?

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra

You’re missing the point.

I am illustrating that racism calls for the Hollywood industry to make God images WHITE

I'm not saying they should make him anything but what reality made him.

History records that people in that area of the world where Jesus was born amongst were dark Asiatics why not just reflect that likely eact.

If Hollywood tries to make movies that reflect realism why do they abandon that when it comes to the heritage of God images?

edit on 8-12-2014 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Look at Mel Gibson who goes to great lengths in his movies to depict realism, such as Apacalypto, and Brave Heart which were awesomely realistic.

What is that?

None of Mel Gibson's 'historical' movies are historically accurate...
2nd.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   

a reply to: eNumbra

You’re missing the point.

I am illustrating that racism calls for the Hollywood industry to make God images WHITE

I'm not saying they should make him anything but what reality made him.

History records that people in that area of the world where Jesus was born amongst were dark Asiatics why not just reflect that likely eact.

If Hollywood tries to make movies that reflect realism why do they abandon that when it comes to the heritage of God images?

Because God images are predominantly white; all you have is what Jesus should have been if he were real.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: peck420

What is that?

None of Mel Gibson's 'historical' movies are historically accurate...
2nd.

Of course there not…that’s my point. Even though he would argue with you.
But he tries to reflect realism in them

Why abandon reflecting realism when it comes to the race of certain people

They don’t ever make the natives white people
that would be ridiculous

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Of course there not…that’s my point. Even though he would argue with you.
But he tries to reflect realism in them

Why abandon reflecting realism when it comes to the race of certain people

They don’t ever make the natives white people
that would be ridiculous

The problem is that you don't have an actual point.

Jesus (and god) could have been any known colour, with any known hair type/colour, with any known eye shape/colour.

Every human ethnicity either originated in that general area, or was present there long before Jesus.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: peck420

That's just not true. Were talking about known history not what someone could have been.

People in the mid east back then just were not white Europeans that's a known established fact.

If we were to make a movie about a Chinese ancient king would we make him OTHER THAN CHINESE

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Since when are Egyptians not white? All I know are': Rupert Murdoch faces ridicule after tweeting his thoughts on row about white actors playing roles in new Moses film
www.dailymail.co.uk... ing-leading-roles-new-epic-Moses-film.html

Rupert Murdoch tweeted that all Egyptians he knows are white

Egyptians today could pass for black or Latino people in Harlem so in ancient times somehow they became white!

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Anyway, for the record, I don’t believe Jesus is or was God.

I think he was a great spiritual teacher

And frankly I personally don’t give a damn what color he was...I think his teachings, his real teachings, were sublime.

I’m just pointing out the historical tragedy of racism and that it comes in subtle forms as well as gross forms.

For the record!

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   

That's just not true. Were talking about known history not what someone could have been.

People in the mid east back then just were not white Europeans that's a known established fact.

If we were to make a movie about a Chinese ancient king would we make him OTHER THAN CHINESE

Yea...well established. Its not like Egypt wasn't a Roman province before Jesus was born, and didn't trade with Europeans during the Bronze Age (a thousand years before Moses).

It's not like grains that originated in the ME haven't been farmed in Asia for just as many years...

You may want to check your 'known history', because, so far, it is woefully inaccurate...almost Gibson-esque, if you don't mind my saying so.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Well there was a movie about Buddha which is awesome and brings more enlightenment to society.

However they got Keanu Reeves the part of Buddha which is just inaccurate.

Scene from the movie "Little Buddha" in which is told the story of How Siddhartha (Keanu Reeves) attained enlightenment meditating under a tree and beating the demon Mara.
www.youtube.com...

If someone could embed that would be awesome!

I am not for further division of humanity I believe that in truth and understanding that all are one we can move foward to a greater and higher counsiousness.

On the flip side there are a few more races in various hero films like the avengers, they got Nick fury to be black that was a start I guess. Every great journey begins with a single step, accepting all people and rejecting racism in all its forms is a good start.

DENY IGNORANCE
edit on 8-12-2014 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: peck420

Pictures don’t lie, of the statues of Egyptians and the people there now and in the past

People like you will concoct anything to maintain your distortions of history just to maintain falsehood

You’re telling me ancient Egypt, which is in Africa, was white and European

Sure the Greeks intermingled with them but they still today look like people from Harlem

Also that was AFTER THE Exodus so it’s your analysis that’s all wrong

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Making a movie is/was/always will be an investment.

You do not drop $100+ million into a movie and cast some unknown into the leading roles.

You cast the names that will draw the people into the seats.

Were you upset when Samuel Jackson was cast as Nick Fury?
Did you think it was a racist plot when Heimdall was cast as a black man in the Thor movies?

Casting the wrong people in the wrong roles for money goes back the John Wayne days. Who in their right mind thought the Duke should be Ghengis Khan? Somebody that knew he would fill seats.
edit on 8-12-2014 by 200Plus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: 200Plus
Making a movie is/was/always will be an investment.

You do not drop $100+ million into a movie and cast some unknown into the leading roles.

You cast the names that will draw the people into the seats.

Were you upset when Samuel Jackson was cast as Nick Fury?

Did you think it was a racist plot when Heimdall was cast as a black man in the Thor movies?

Casting the wrong people in the wrong roles for money goes back the John Wayne days. Who in their right mind thought the Duke should be Ghengis Khan? Somebody that knew he would fill seats.

Not upset at all what I see are a few token jestures to the white washing of all history in movies, society and television. Just try watching an old western LOLZ you will see the native americans arent played by native americans. Marvel comics isnt true history nor a religion or religious figure for that matter. I see a trend that has been around for some time which needs to change, and is changing.

However I see our society decending into barbarism with more us vs them which will further lead to more of the same old division in our society. Its very telling where our society is that racism and other dividers play such an important role in our culture. That many now are claiming the ancient egyptians were also white is just another drop in the ocean of ignorance that our society has come to believe out of ignorance.

Lets not forget the ancient veda's and there is a growing movement saying that the ancient indians were all caucasians too, its just ignorance to try and take every culture and misrepresent it out of nothing more than ignorance.

DENY IGNORANCE

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
King Tut was of European blood. So how does that fit into your racist theory?

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: guitarplayer
King Tut was of European blood. So how does that fit into your racist theory?

He was blonde haired and blue eyed! All the ancient egyptians must have been caucasians. NOT TRUE AT ALL

Lets just go ahead and call that an elaborate hoax by the white washers of all known HISstory.

LOLZ

DENY IGNORANCE

edit on 8-12-2014 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join