It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United States Joint Task Force (airsoft)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Hi, all. I have friends that play airsoft. Somebody approached one of them on facebook and said he's from an organization called United States Joint Task Force. The guy said that he wants my friend's team to be part of the organization. When my friend asked why he'd never heard of them the guy said, "We're the best kept secret of airsoft. We're like the Masons. You don't ask to join us. We offer to let you join." Or something like that. He said each team that joins gets their own website (which he actually made for them) and they have to take tests (mods) to move up in "rank". Anywho, I thought this all sounded a bit funny and wanted to ask if anyone has ever heard of them and if they're legitimate. My friends are really excited and think that they've moved up into the big time (even though they've never heard of these people before). I really don't want them to get hurt. So, is this group for real or should I warn my friends to keep away?

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

hahaha...there are no secret air soft groups and if there are its kids hiding their toy guns from mom...sounds shady as hell

then again paintball has some professional teams so its possible the military would sponsor someone...not sure what all the hush hush is though
edit on 8-12-2014 by rockpaperhammock because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
It appears to be a legitimate organization. A quick search found a few returns on it.

Site 1
Site 2
Youtube channel
USJTF Home website

Whether the person supposedly representing them is legit though is another question. The individual websites they are referring to are probably Enjin sites, which anyone can create and modify for free.

edit on 8-12-2014 by Septimus because: added more

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
If you are worried about them not being legitimate then just make sure you don't give them any money. Then you will only waste your time. If they are taking the time to perpetrate something that is not legitimate, there must be a reason, and often that reason is money. So if they aren't after your money, and you cannot figure out anything else they might be after, then there is a much greater chance that they are part of, or are trying to form, a legitimate group. Legit groups can also want money though, but they don't usually keep themselves secret. An organization like the Masons is not a secret group, but is a group with secrets, and there is a huge difference. Usually there is no point in keeping the group itself secret, unless they're doing something they shouldn't be doing. That is not to say it could never happen, but there would have to be a reason for keeping the very existence of an airsoft group secret. Maybe it is just to increase the mystery or prestige, but such mystery or prestige would only be for others within the group, considering nobody else knows about it, lol.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Thanks for the replies. As far as I know, they haven't asked for any money. I guess what really made me nervous was the name, that and how my friends reacted to being invited, after not even heard of them.

top topics

join