It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Implant Human Brain Cells In Mice To Create ‘Supermouse’

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: teamcommander
a reply to: lostbook

Is this the same work which Michelle Bachman was talking about a couple of years ago?

I am confident though, they are not using brain cells from some blond. They should be looking for some type of changes, maybe even improvements, in the mice they are studying.

A lot of what can be considered to be "intelligence" goes down to how quickly how can memorize information, how quickly you can apply logic and reasoning to existing knowledge to derive new facts (predicate logic, temporal logic), and how quickly you forget past information - sometimes this is necessary in order to erase previous prejudices and accept new ones.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I've heard they're injecting human brain material into mice. And its so evil that only these psychopaths could ever carry through on this. Mice are very maternal creatures, small little emotionally bonded beings. When we were catching mice and rats (well they were very big) in cages and releasing them at the creek due to living in an very old overpriced rental house with lots of holes, we noted that the other mice would scurry out and try to break their friend out, and they would even hold hands.

So you take a maternal and loving little creature, and inject higher intelligence, so it would really feel victimized and traumatized on an even greater scale, at your torture, imprisonment, abuse, and murder?

EVIL BEYOND!

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
This might be considered a wee bit off topic, but when it comes to honoring these little wee beasties in all they have done in the name of the Human Sciences...we should at least commission some nice statues in their honor for the Universities.

After all, it's only polite.

Russia has us beat already....

Come on, America. Time to step up our game.

We do not wish to anger the pan-dimensionals.

Regards,

~ "Hippie GE" (signing off).

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99
I've heard they're injecting human brain material into mice. And its so evil that only these psychopaths could ever carry through on this. Mice are very maternal creatures, small little emotionally bonded beings. When we were catching mice and rats (well they were very big) in cages and releasing them at the creek due to living in an very old overpriced rental house with lots of holes, we noted that the other mice would scurry out and try to break their friend out, and they would even hold hands.

So you take a maternal and loving little creature, and inject higher intelligence, so it would really feel victimized and traumatized on an even greater scale, at your torture, imprisonment, abuse, and murder?

EVIL BEYOND!

I don't think this is a good idea either. Even more scary is the fact that if we're hearing about this now, it means that there are way more advanced developments out there.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Thats incredible!

You upgrade a thing and a thing behaves 'better'. Ground breaking! =/

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Sounds like an MJ "Ben" sequel. Or maybe THEY might try for that ole Muwah Deeb thingy from the Movie 'DUNE"
DON'T AWAKEN THE SLEEPER !!!!

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

You make me feel bad about the three mice I caught in mousetraps. I didn't want to do it but they were pooping all over my kitchen.

I've done the catch/release thing before and I've sealed up holes. I even have an inside/outside cat that usually discourages them. I don't know why these three were so determined. Makes me think the population is up. I respect all creatures but I won't have them in my home.

Pack rats are incredibly smart. They build huge nests tucked under trees/rocky overhangs. Their nests are topped with cactus to keep intruders out. They also use large rocks to add stability/discourage digging animals. Pack rats are huge and nasty. It freaks me out to think of them dragging those rocks around. Thankfully they haven't come in the house yet but some people have done battle with them.

It's hard enough outsmarting animals out here in the boonies. The last thing I need is smarter rats/mice. They'd run me off. Reminds me of the movie "Ben." People don't realize just how intelligent animals are until you live around them. Giving them human intelligence is a nightmare in the making.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   

I think time would be better spent developing giant three legged chickens with two reproductive systems. More meat and twice the eggs.

I'm only half kidding. Let's get these academic types to produce something of practical use.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
Are you pondering what I'm pondering, pinky?

I was going to be very sad if this wasn't the first response to this thread.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Volunteer please and donate some human cells from you, I'm sure you feel proud and happy doing so!

Science is holy so shame on you if you don't agree.

That said, from who do they use those human cells? anyone who filled in the organ donar letter?
edit on 8-12-2014 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Plugin

If you had read the article, you'd see they obtain the glial cells from human fetuses.

And to be honest, if I could advance scientific research, I'd happily donate my own cells to a study like this.

ETA: Unless of course they use my cells to clone 20,000 copies of me to be fast-grown, and used in testing a military super-weapon.
edit on 8-12-2014 by ScientificRailgun because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

That doesn't make it better.

I mean if it was your fetus, you wouldn't have any problems with it?

I would (although i would only my sperm basicly but still, so they asked permission from the 'owner'?

Well there is always a start, so in the beginning they used the research for just general knowledge, much later for advanced robots like in the movie terminator killing human species

Or what if an alien race used the same research with using human cells for improving themself?
Humans are like mouse compared with them so it's all good and ethical, right? If not you are just hypocritical.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I need to meet this mouse. I have a line I've been preparing for such an occasion. It's rare when one gets to go all "Dr. Manhattan" on another living being.

"the worlds smartest Mouse poses no more threat to me than does its smartest termite"

edit on 8-12-2014 by Nowyouseeme because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Plugin

If my fetus was not viable, I'd be quite alright with them using it for medical research. My own tragedy turned into something positive for future generations? I could live with that.

You seem to be falling down quite the slippery slope. Smarter mice do not mean killer robots.

And on the topic of aliens, who's to say they aren't doing that already? And what power would we have to stop them?

The elephant cares not for the thoughts of the ants it tramples.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Smarter mice isn't for being making smarter mouses, it's all meant for our own benefit although they are not sure yet for what precicialy, they just do it because they can do it, they don't have any practical ideas yet. It's all for because; we can do it and because who knows some day it may be of use.
Why don't we use disabled humans with the brain capacity of dogs/apes instead of apes or mouse for medical research, goes much faster.

Or better make humans with zero brain capacity, that would be really awesome for human health research! and even better we don't have to abuse other species, just our own! and they are like other species with less brain capacity just less compared with us so it's all good then, basicly less then mice (they are dumber then mouse).
Also we could use them for harvesting organs.
But people seems to have problems with the above??? why.. in my eyes that's better then using other species wich are not really usable (in most cases) for human beneficial (health etc) research anyways.

Sure we don't have the power to stop aliens perhaps but we have the power to stop torturing other species for our own pleasure/benefit (maybe). Although my hope for that has long ago fanished.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
double post.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Not much far removed from plasma pills or HGH I guess. Maybe we can invent "intelligence shots" for the less gifted of our species out of the brain stems of geniuses and manufacture "semi-artificial-intelligence". I wonder if they'll try this out on wild primates. That sounds like a good idea to me.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Is there any peer reviewed information on this?

Meaning is this real at all?

If it is indeed real will it ever be for the public?

If its not for the public then its as real as the secret space program interesting but not for us who are unworthy of such greatness.

I put this in the same group as anti ageing immortality and superhuman strenth. All very interesting but has the same chance of being used by the public as a jetpack or a nanotechnology 3d printer.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join