It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

E.V.P. or " White Noise"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 10:30 AM
link   
E.V.P. or electronic voice phenomenon is when you take a tape recorder and leave it on, usually over night in an empty room. Normally when you play back the tape you expect to hear anything, but sometimes ... you do... These noises that are sometimes recorded are ... the voices of people, some times speaking normally but mostly in a panicked tone of voice. What makes this creepy is that there was not anything or anybody in the room when this was recorded. People have speculated that these recordings are when the dead, (Ghosts or Spirits, whatever you want to call them) try to communicate with the living. This is one of the few ways that it been proven to actually record evidence that the dead are not truly gone...

I first remembered about E.V.P. a couple of nights ago when I saw a commercial for "White Noise," which it scared the crap out of me. The reason why it did was because ... this was exactly what happened when I left my tape recorder on in my basement... This is what made me realize that maybe there are such things as ghost or spirits ... and this is a way to prove it...

Anyway here is the site for the American Association of Electronic Voice Phenomena if you want to hear some recordings or just want to read up on the subject. aaevp.com...

Has anyone recorded anything like this ... because I would love to hear about it.

[edit on 12-12-2004 by beyondSciFi]

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I've tried....many times. Not a thing though.
Maybe I'll try with my brother now :-) There's so many other ways he lets us know he's around, maybe it'll work! That would be the greatest gift I could ever ask for, to hear his voice one more time.

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I have tried but unfortunately I was using a tape recorder that could hear itself (mechanical noises)

Perhaps next time I will use my laptop computer for recording (virtually free of mechanical noises) It would make it easier to search through wave forms. As it is tedious to sit down and listen for 8 or more hours of recorded sounds on a tape player.

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   
great! when you're done tell me what happened

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPhiles
I have tried but unfortunately I was using a tape recorder that could hear itself (mechanical noises)

Perhaps next time I will use my laptop computer for recording (virtually free of mechanical noises) It would make it easier to search through wave forms. As it is tedious to sit down and listen for 8 or more hours of recorded sounds on a tape player.

In this case if you do this, make the bit rate a tipical 128 kbps, and use a sound editor, it will be easier than just listening, why a sound editor??? easy and simple answer..

On a sound editor it makes the MP3, wav, or whatever in to a format where you can see instead of listening all the way thru.. Also it saves time on such things as listening to an MP3 for 8 hrs..

A good sound editor that I know of is Cool Edit Pro.. There are probably other ones but I use that one all the time for mixing files and such..

cool edit pro owned by adobe now so you might wanna check thier site..

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Most of the times you can't really hear anything, mostly mechanical noise, thats why I had to turn the volume up to hear the voices... I tryed it again a couple of more times after that, but the rest were normal.... Maybe I got lucky the first time, but after the rest of the times... I really didn't want to get lucky again... it was creepy as hell. Some things I would rather not know.

P.S. I found another site with some E.V.P. recordings if you guys are interested... photos2.ghostweb.com...

[edit on 12-12-2004 by beyondSciFi]

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   
A stupid question: has anyone tried registering with digital instead of analog equipment? Have they noticed a marked difference, better/worse results, marked increase in quality, etc while using one method over the other? Thank you!

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I went to that site you posted a link to in the origonal post. It got me going :-)
I think I'm just desperate for anything to bridge this life and the bext right now.
Do tell me if I'm going off the deep end!
Tonight was the world wide candel light memorial. I lit my candle at 7 sharp. That sight said to 'make an appointment'. So, 7pm was the appointment. I'll be bringing my tape and headphones to work tomarrow to try to find something.
Fingers crossed.

new topics

top topics

join