It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racism suspicions abound

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 02:36 AM
link   
* First thread. Be nice.* Racism is nothing new. It has and will always exist in some form or another. Humans have a natural instinct to stick with those similar to themselves and away from those who are a threat. The whole "birds of feather" bit. It's inevitable. That does not mean it's acceptable, but a sad fact of life. However, humans have come a long way down the path of acceptance. Just look at America from 1800 until now and you will see the leaps and bounds we have made. Now, however, the media would have us believe that all white people are racist and all black people hate every last white devil alive! This is very harmful to race relations and is already showing consequences. For example, if a young black kid is told that "the white man" is out to get him, he's going to assume that "the white man" is his enemy. If a young white kid is told that "the black man" hates him because "the black man" thinks all whites are racist, he will assume "the black man" is his enemy. This is what has been happening since all these non-indictments have taken place. All this talk of racism and reverse racism has people divided in such a way that has not been seen in a very long time. I've even heard people talk of "race wars". This situation is getting very ridiculous very fast. We need to be more worried about the Feds than our neighbors.Thoughts?
edit on 8-12-2014 by BadwolfBratton because: Auto Corrected

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: BadwolfBratton

it's a divide and conquer strategy. Look up the ladder and there you'll find the people pulling the strings.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine
Makes me wonder what's going on up top to create such a big diversion.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 02:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: BadwolfBratton
a reply to: Tangerine
Makes me wonder what's going on up top to create such a big diversion.

They're herding us into the pen and we're too busy accusing each other of this and that to notice the gate closing.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 04:21 AM
link   

People will always be wary of other people and cultures they do not understand. Its in our nature to assign blame to others, that's where racism stems from, and it will never disappear until the Human paradigm changes. Which quite possibly could be never.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Now, however, the media would have us believe that all white people are racist .........

You might as well throw in Obama, Holder and their advisor Sharpton in there too while you're at it
Oh and can't forget Mayor of NY

All they did was add some more seasoning and stir the pot!

edit on 8-12-2014 by snarky412 because: spweeeling

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Always us vs them its classic problem reaction solution.

This is why we have national borders. us vs them

This is why we have capitalsim. us vs them

This is why we have the current education system made for seperating and dividing. us vs them

This is why we have money to further divide us. us vs them

This is why we have corrupted elite. us vs them

This is why we have states that want to breakaway. us vs them

This is why we have world wars and no peace on earth. us vs them

This is why we have a breakaway civilization. us vs them

Universal Love is the only answer there is no them they are us only then can a singularity in human kind be realised.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: snarky412

I think they were speaking from their perspectives (excluding Sharpton) and didn't have any malign interest.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Well just look at how this country came to be. ..people from a far away land came, they had different skin, they had pretty Shiney objects and other things that they used to distract the native people while they stole land and killed the people that were here first. And it continued even after the US was born.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I just have to say it...

I HATE the term "Reverse Racisim"! Hate it with a passion! To be "reversed" would mean that "Whites" were racist first. I'm sorry people, but the world did not begin in America!
People have hated others that are different since the dawn of time.

The thing that really gets me, is that racist hate (i think better titled "diffrent than me hate") comes from ones own fear and doubt in their own self worth. It comes from inside of you, not from them. Cowards afraid to deal with the fact that you hate, because you hate yourself and are to scared and weak to get over yourself. It's easy to just blame your weakness on "them". That is why you see groups, or clubs, or gangs formed. Cowards that can't stand alone can feel powerful, and can justify their hate, because other people feel just like me.

Unfortunately, cowards usually stay as cowards, to scared to change. So, we are destined to keep playing this same stupid song on repeat!

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Nothing's going to improve as long as blacks deny that they are also racist.

It's a two-way street.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

Just beautiful. Absolutely sums up the human condition.

top topics

join