It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The conscious state of Earth as an entity

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Have you ever thought, that Earth is an organism? You can look at your own organism and look at blood cells - perhaps they are sentient, they go about their daily "lives" and perform various actions. You can then look at Earth and look at us and the creatures that inhabit her, we go about our daily lives, perhaps, if we are the blood cells, then, she, is also a larger organism.

If "she" has a consciousness, feels emotions, makes choices, in real time, what would be her current state of being? We can look at all the violence and depravity in this world, and we can look at the individuals responsible, however, in the grander scheme, perhaps when Earth is "angry" it causes much turmoil and disharmony.

Can you say that there are also "free radicals" - introduced organisms that have their own agenda on Earth, that can be their own isolated "selves" however there are for the most part those that are part of the "fabric of life" that is Earth, and in their world, they give themselves over to her influence.

Can you also say that she is being "medicated" with the inclusion of chemical agents in our food and water?

Is there a war to "control her" as it were, to prevent a global "uprising" - a global insanity, a global "psychosis" - could this be what the "elite" fear, a kind of "event" that triggers her "fall" into chaos, acting upon the collective sentience?

Think about riots for instance, perhaps it is possible that "civil unrest" will turn into a pandemic of rebellion against law and institution like some kind of global panic-attack?

Has this "event" happened before in our past? Is there an attempt to erase its knowledge from our history, perhaps the reason for the fall of the "old world" - leaving nothing but ruins and legends?

Could this be our need for religion and sacrifice, to protect ourselves from this "influence"?

When we experience strong emotional states, when we release the "animal" perhaps we are engaging with this consciousness, perhaps it is as it always has been, impossible to truly understand, chaotic, and dangerous and also, infectious if it spreads its influence through the populace?

Look, beneath the surface, you can see that it is happening, we are living in an "island" as it were, whilst those caught in her grips are taken by the undercurrents - a world full of crime, sex, drugs, calamity and general degradation of the higher faculties - even in so-called "developed" countries and regions?

If Earth is a living organism, what would happen if we realised that she had a "lifespan" - perhaps if she were to "die" it would mean that the fabric of life would collapse, and we would see massive extinctions and failure of ecosystems all around the globe?

I have tasted the "madness" myself, could they be possessed by it, a "symphony of destruction" as it were...

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: SystemResistor
Are you stronger than some of your cells?

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   

yes, the earth is a living organism and we are the cancer that inhabit it.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: SystemResistor
Have you ever thought, that Earth is an organism? ...

wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaia_hypothesis
edit on DecemberMon, 08 Dec 2014 00:52:31 -0600am12k12345 by Frank12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: thishereguy

The thing about cancer, is that cancer cells were once just ordinary cells until they were corrupted.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 01:19 AM
link   

I could not help but to think of this excerpt from "Dr Who":

A force, a sentient force that overcomes many and that many form a part of, representing the state of the planet as a being.
edit on 8-12-2014 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   

To further, the "spell" as it were, is a question that has an answer that no one will accept, those that have "destroyed" themselves by engaging with the "primitive force" and have reduced themselves to be in sync with the underlying chaos of this world, are insane, they are "hooked" and they cannot "know" the answer, as it is everything that they have come into opposition with.

Those that know the "answer" are surprisingly peaceful, however, it is a dangerous thing, and we are all "locked in" a never-ending circle of doubt.

It is a part of the "mechanism" of this world, a prison if you will.

The answer?

For one to "know" it already means that they are not bound to forever ask the same question, and that is all it is, they would not be imprisoned in the first place.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: thishereguy

I think we're more like a bad flea infestation.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

That being said, technically the biomass of all ants combined exceeds that of humans.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 03:06 AM
link   
The reason we have chaos is because we dont have anarchy..
The illusion is that we dont have anarchy. The illusion is the prison of our minds! We are under enforced cohabitation of the realm of a few fantasists. In eastern mythology these are called demi gods, beings whos will ascends influences the minds of many who grab the reigns of power and manifest a realm that sustains that particular life force. So yes interdimensional parasites. Raging. Crazy demons let loose. Realising the truth of anarchy is realising our true potential. What happens next is a fight between good and evil.

We are not ruled by human beings we are ruled by crazy animals. Do not identify with them and you win. Otherwise its like fighting a loosing battle...

edit on 8 12 14 by funkadeliaaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I don't really understand the technicalities of it, but I hear cancer cells are just that because they in a sense have become selfish, with no regard for the whole organism. Of course, if cells do not work with the entirety of the organism, it cannot exist without doing it harm.

Fortunately for healthy organisms, which have cells which work as a symbiotic whole, there is a system for expelling such uncooperative cells. Unfortunately for unhealthy organisms, it cannot expel such cells and the selfish cells multiply and take over, eventually killing the entire organism.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

That works as an interesting analogy...

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 04:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat
I don't really understand the technicalities of it, but I hear cancer cells are just that because they in a sense have become selfish, with no regard for the whole organism. Of course, if cells do not work with the entirety of the organism, it cannot exist without doing it harm.

Fortunately for healthy organisms, which have cells which work as a symbiotic whole, there is a system for expelling such uncooperative cells. Unfortunately for unhealthy organisms, it cannot expel such cells and the selfish cells multiply and take over, eventually killing the entire organism.

These selfish cancer cells are parasitic or service to self, not service to others. They will destroy the entity so they may live, but in reality this is a self destructive suicide, they will have what they need for a time. But in destroying the entity it kills itself as well.
edit on 8-12-2014 by TM62 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Yes I agree with the OP the earth is a type of counsiousness. In ancient legends earth takes the form of a female goddess, very interesting.

I believe that there is are countless infinate earths vibrating at different frequencies some much more advanced than others, while other may be less advanced or even desolate.

I am under the opinion that all animate matter and inanimate matter have a type of counsiousness wether alive or inert.

I believe that within the tiny particles are infinate universes which has been stated in various ancient texts. Many believe our very universe may be on the other side of one of these micro black holes.

CERN has found mcro black holes within tiny particles in thier expiriments, meaning every particle contains them.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
It may be the case that earth is conscious, I do believe that earth is alive. But the As Above So Below, and the sun as a neuron, the electric neurology demonstrated in the fabric of space as if its a Brain. That is interesting however, as a simulation, a holographic projection, our body human computer playing the DVD, the cosmos as an informational field or a kind of internet, that changes it all. In that case, its almost like, our body turned inside out, or an organic computerized AI life form. Thats how I see it. However, can a body have a soul, driver? We do! Nature does! So possibly, so earth's body could too, even if there is a connection to the cosmos and our bodies. We don't know and so the best response is to treat all things with the reverence of possible life as in consciousness, and a lot more care.
edit on 8-12-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Certainly. It's a living planet, even science admits as much. In regards to consciousness, I would argue everything is conscious to a degree. Now whether that consciousness is as we would define it is the real question.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I went down that road of understanding then realized that the more we know about our surroundings the more we will corrupt our surroundings. It is in fact the very reason that truth is kept from us. In all my searching though i have not found her to be a female. I mean florida has some explaining to do. I like salvador dolly's representations.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: thishereguy

To be fair cyanobacteria did a better job than humans at causing global extinction ...

"Cyanobacteria were therefore responsible for one of the most significant extinction events in Earth's history. Additionally, the free oxygen reacted with atmospheric methane, a greenhouse gas, greatly reducing its concentration and triggering the Huronian glaciation, possibly the longest snowball Earth episode in the Earth's history. "

wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Oxygenation_Event
edit on DecemberMon, 08 Dec 2014 15:37:01 -0600pm12k12345 by Frank12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: SystemResistor
a reply to: Tangerine

That being said, technically the biomass of all ants combined exceeds that of humans.

Yes, but the ants are probably better behaved.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
I went down that road of understanding then realized that the more we know about our surroundings the more we will corrupt our surroundings. It is in fact the very reason that truth is kept from us. In all my searching though i have not found her to be a female. I mean florida has some explaining to do. I like salvador dolly's representations.

You have not found her to be female? What does that mean?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join