It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Really, ATS?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Dangerous thread to post in!

I just wanted to say I really miss Johnny Anonymous, that was a great show while it lasted. Also, want to say thanks to all the others shows that come and go. It's important not to let things go too stale, so it can be fun trying out little changes.

The change I notice today is that you have listened to the whinging, and changed how NLBS appears on the banners. I like the black and white older episodes, it certainly looks less Ronald McDonald now and is a step in the right direction, I think it sits much better on the page.

Except, 2 requests!
1. Can we get like a 1 or 2 pixel wide very dark grey (almost black) verticle border between the NLBS banner and the center content? The change from the light grey is quite abrupt.
2. About that abruptness, can we get a darker grey instead of the lighter grey please? Or even perhaps a compromise as a light to dark smooth blend because on widescreen monitors I've got these big spaces of light grey which I think might look better if they were darkened or faded out.

(Also on a personal note, the colour seems to make my monitor upset and it has a notable flickering)

Cheers!

(One more request! Perhaps the NLBS logo on the video links could be done straight instead of the angles which may look a little more mature?)

Cheers!

To the op, I agree to a point - in fact I agreed with most of it for a while, but I think it's fantastic to see that even in a rather ugly thread SO has put some work in behind the scenes to try some new looks out, so I hope you guys find some common ground and see some resolutions and improvements here, I think a name change is too late. I would have preferred "No Bull"
edit on 9-12-2014 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Qumulys

I just wanted to say I really miss Johnny Anonymous, that was a great show while it lasted.

Absolutely agree , a show about ATS threads from a member of ATS not someone drafted in.
Bring back ATS news with Johnny A , If its not on AboveTopSecret.com then it probably doesn't matter!

edit on 9-12-2014 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I think as SO said he got burned out. I'm sure it was a tough gig, but he just had so much charisma and really pulled it off well. The worst problem was that he just left such MASSIVE shoes to fill.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Betcha ya wish all you had to listen was people moaning and dribbling about something simple say like hmmm...let me think

*taps finger in thought....

I know!
Like the crappy emoticons.

Now 'bout that.......

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Serious Post:

I like NLBS, It takes quite the time to make each episode.
Think about it.
Research, writing, filming, editing, upload, then member discussion that gets responded to ( how many news pieces do that?) Id guess at 15-20 hours an episode? minus the time taken to respectfully reply in thread on content.

I like it is original content, not rehashing threads, thats the radio format, and the radio show does that pretty well if I might say so for the last 5 years.

I'm pretty sure threads like this will scare off most people from starting anything new. Limiting contribution to quick firing off comment via the written word. And thats fine thats ATS bread and butter.

I think it very kind the site owners encourage people to use their space for creative outlets. Sadly, any creativity gets nazi death squad firings from people who flap their mouths off and do nothing themselves. What ever happened to being kind, or simply being supportive of people who are trying something new?
Not everyone is cut out for media contributions, it doesn't make anyone better or worse if they try, but please let them, and stop being a bunch of whinning wankers taunting anyone who tries.

NLBS is a joint creative venture by SO and Jo, Now one of that party is the site owner, another a member. He is polite just calling some of you an Ass, I'd tell you to shrivel up and probably ban your arses for just been annoying. Appears Bill has thicker skin than me.

As for the "never listening to the membership" crapski, There was aprrox 10 beta tests of the video and threads gaining member feedback. Did y'all miss that?

It mildly annoyed me getting forced to shows on you tube I've watched, It is a marketing tactic, its their site though so let them. I simply increased my screen size.

The better NLBS does, and actually garners revenue in the future maybe the less adds rolling over your screen....did you think about that?

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Now I can get behind that too

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ValentineWiggin

First: I 100% agree with you. Hate the name & hate the bombardment of it.

Yes I understand that NLBS gets views but to me it seems like it is the only thing ATS cares about and no longer cares about the radio shows. It's a tad insulting seeing as how one guy volunteers for the NLBS and many people volunteer their time to do the radio shows but we hardly get any advertisement.

Secondly: I have never watched, nor ever will watch a NLBS. I don't like to watch one guy ranting & raving about a subject, if I wanted that I'd go watch the guys who do that down town. I like to hear multiple people's input on a subject.

Third: I am super shocked this thread didn't get deleted. I know when I ranted about it I was told to "Suck it up" because it belonged to a head up guy on ATS. That was back when NLBS had 5 links on the main page & always the top spot on the front page. Now it's even more bombardment.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Sabiduria

I'm sorry but you do not speak for ATS Live Radio.

We have an entire forum to advertise shows on ATS and that is more than enough, together with our website and Facebook presence.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Sabiduria

Enough.

This is not the place to be having this conversation, however I will say this, the radio shows received significant promotion from ATS.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Hahaha

I'm going to submit for a new emoticon which I shall advocate be named, "The Zazzy"

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: yeahright

Where's the long blonde hair and glasses?

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
NLBS is a joint creative venture by SO and Jo, Now one of that party is the site owner, another a member. He is polite just calling some of you an Ass, I'd tell you to shrivel up and probably ban your arses for just been annoying. Appears Bill has thicker skin than me.

Joe is my son. He's been working on ATS projects on and off for nearly five years now. With NLBS, it's now nearly every day.

Imagine how great it is to work with your son every day.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

That's a really nice thing. Most people would love to work with their kid or dad, you are both very lucky and now we see where Joe gets his investigative skills from

He was ATS Meda Pro right? He's 'ol school ATS

That's nice dear, now go fix the emoticons.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Joe is my son.

Just as I suspected.

Imagine how great it is to work with your son every day.

Very cool, I'd imagine!

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

As for the "never listening to the membership" crapski, There was aprrox 10 beta tests of the video and threads gaining member feedback. Did y'all miss that?

Ohhhhhhh good point.

You know what? I was being an ass. An ignorant one at that. I guess I didn't really realize the stuff I talking about was member driven it's pretty awesome that's allowed to happen on a huge site like this.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

That's nice dear, now go fix the emoticons.

And how's he supposed to do that? The man is dragging around in the middle of the night wearing a Batman cape; what's he supposed to do? Ssh in to the ATS servers from his shopping cart or whatever that is he's pushing?

This is on your heads. All of you.

Merry Christmas.

edit on 9-12-2014 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I watched quite a few of the NLBS shows, and they are done pretty well. However I don't care for the new lay out of ATS, it's a bit overkill. I also like and respect Deny Ignorance a lot more. I mean there are more NLBS images than ATS, and this is ATS.

At the end of the day though, I spend more time here on my iPhone, which I don't see any of it on, so it's not really a big deal to me. Plus, I don't own or run this website, Nor would I tell those who do, what they should do with it. Again, I like the show though. ~$heopleNation

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join