It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Really, ATS?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Have a contest to see who can produce the best News Story.

Or allow submissions of news stories from members to be aired on NLBS.

Best way to shut people up...Challenge them to do something better or Zip Your Lips.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: neformore

There is constructive criticism, and there is complaining for the sake of it.

ATSMix got complaints.
ATSNN drew complaints.
Conspiracy Chicks drew complaints
Recap drew complaints
Live! and the other radio shows have drawn complaints
and now NLBS has drawn complaints.

Why? Because it seems simply some people like to complain, and an awful lot of people are also afraid of any kind of change.

And where are they now? Oh yeah, gone because they were awful.

Perhaps instead of being hyper defensive you all should listen to the membership so these little projects are actually successful.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

That's not fair! With that ^^^ you insult everyone whose ever done an ATS Pod Cast or Radio show or attempted to entertain the ATS community in a quirky way!

Personally, I originally joined ATS because of "The Conspiracy Chicks" and their threads about the BP, Deep Horizon OIl Spill. Their enthusiastic input was stellar work that far outdid what the main stream media source were putting out!

Be the change you want to see!

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Yeah that's not how this works. We get to complain because we are where the profitability comes from. We are customers.

It's not our job to do better. If you get spoiled milk at the store and complain the manager doesn't say screw off unless you can build a better fridge for us. They fix the problem without the butthurt. Complaining in this case is an attempt to help. Like my really sketchy fridge analogy yes, it's complaining but it will help the store address the problem so that customers keep coming back and the store remains profitable.

ATS isn't some art project where we have to be nice to the designers all the time. It's a business. Yeah be nice to the mods and people that are basically doing the majority of the work on the site for free (kind of brilliant business plan really), but telling us not to complain and acting like it's the realization of someone's hopes and dreams never to be scrutinized is ridiculous.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Insulting people was not my intent. I think it's awesome when people participate like that. Im not focusing on individuals here, I'm talking about how there is complete rigidity and standoffishness whenever even the simplest complaint is made.

ATS has a long history of going off on these projects half cocked, ignoring any and all criticism and then quietly admitting defeat. Tin freaking Wiki.

This is going to happen with the member driven chat thing too (which seems bizarre, really there is no other way and it'sup to the membership to provide?), and unless the membership is listened to it's going to happen to NLBS. I WANT that show to succeed because I think it's a good idea.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I admit I haven't perused NLBS, (I will now), but I enjoyed all the older ones. The only thing I didn't like, in my naivety, was when they were opened for discussion, and much to my horror, very little of the discussion was the topic of the video .... what was scrutinized was what the person was wearing; how the person spoke, or appeared. Or "oh, I produce videos and here's what's wrong with yours" . So many self-proclaimed experts rising up to offer unsolicited advice on a product already made.

I typed this somewhere today already......... but here it is again. Some people will sacrifice substance in order to appear more clever than everyone else, and when they do, it show's. Other's know it. So do it at your own risk is all I can tell ya.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Every once in awhile the side banners get activated and people go insane. The last one I recall was bright red and may have been a movie ad ( I cannot recall ) but the sheer number of people who made asses of themselves over it was staggering - especially considering that the things on the side banner are temporary and go away after a short while.

What is even more insulting is that half the people freaking out here have other axes to grind and are just griping because they're too timid to fight the actual battle they want to fight.

Sad.

For those who aren't in the above category? Relax. It'll change eventually and somebody will start a gratiutous thread about how offended they are by the Christmas decorations or the New Years countdown, or whatever comes next.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Nice post actually I remember those side bars.

Bring on the side bars of shiny 2015 disco balls, I say.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Lol sorry to bring it up but it's the truth. People criticize, others defend....a site that most likely will not exist in 30 years, maybe even less. I think ATS is ATS and no doubt it will evolve over time, with people who disagree no matter what (that's like every site out there). It's still my go-to site for conspiracies and items the media won't touch. I only have a few problems with the site and they're very small potatoes compared to what I like about it.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Ummm...WOW...do all you guys and gals on the JV team attend mandatory reprogramming seminars...or what...?

Your all sounding a tad clone-ish.........My God man...you sound like a talking point from the associated press disseminating to all the MSM puppets.........................Too freaking funny...

In case all you peeps hadn't noticed..........this thread...IS...in the RANT forum...

You guys really need to chill with a cold one...matter of fact...have one on me...

Pull a single thread...and you all unravel like a cheap suit..........

Haven't you figured out that it's only infotainment.....and today it's brought to you live...from "comedy central"...

So you just go ahead and be insulted by all us griping...timid..."Axe Grinders"........LMFAO

Not trying to single you out Heff...but it sure is funny to see the "change" overtake you............Just so long as we don't find you down at the blood bank........making a withdrawal...

YouSir

Edit to add:...you just might observe the winking emoticon I keep borrowing...and that there just might be a reason for using it.....I'll bring it back when I'm done........................I promise...

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Oh sure, Mr. Expert in producing original content, that must be the case. But no… you're not right, you're wrong.

ATSmix: This was actually shopped around by the VP of ABC Radio for a syndicated show, they even paid for our trip to an annual Radio Trade Show to pitch. We were about one year too late, as the bottom was dropping out of the radio revenue model. Then one of the hosts got weird two years later… really weird. He had to pull out.

ATS News (assume that was what was intended), Johnny Anonymous did a bang up job. Most of the shows got over 20,000 views pre-YouTube. But it took a toll and he needed a break.

Conspiracy Chicks. Some of the shows exceeded 10,000 views. But, oh, sorry to inform you, Domo, life actually intruded and one of the hosts had to devote time to a family business.

ATS Live -- still going strong.

NLBS -- still on a strong upward YouTube trajectory with excellent comments and steadily increasing subscribers. Average new subscribers per day is around 60 now… and nearly 3,000. Not bad for absolutely no advertising budget.

Perhaps instead of being hyper defensive you all should listen to the membership so these little projects are actually successful.

If we listened to the likes of you, we'd never do anything new and fade into obscurity.

It's not "hyper defensive," it's mind numbingly tedious to know that we have created something that's getting really good commentary, feedback, support, and especially positive feedback from professionals in online video/content… all from non-ATS sources… and see grousers grousing just to be grousing grousers here.

This was never aimed at ATS members, we made that clear. Perhaps we should have made it much more clear.
edit on 8-12-2014 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
ATS has a long history of going off on these projects half cocked, ignoring any and all criticism and then quietly admitting defeat. Tin freaking Wiki.

Um… you really are an ass.

William One Sac was the primary driving force behind that effort. He got cancer. He died. No one else had the expertise or time.

edit on 8-12-2014 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

I had no idea NLBS was not intended for ATS members?

^ I mean that sincerely, no snark.
edit on 8-12-2014 by ValentineWiggin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

No need for a cold one, and there's been no change in me. Also no training, coaching or concerted effort from staff. I post from the heart always - and never intend it to be cruel. Just real.

But, as I said, the banners come and go. It's a normal thing - as are threads complaining about them.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

You say I'm wrong but they're all gone except for Live. And again with it being a requirement for me to produce content for your website to voice opinions. Listen I appreciate the time and the work that goes into this place. It's a great site for a lot of reasons. I don't get why anyone who disagrees with something is automatically called out and treated like they've spit in your face though. I'm actually fairly amused by the one turd at a time line and don't have any problems with it. I do think it's unfair to act like people who do are somehow being awful people.

If we listened to the likes of you, we'd never do anything new and fade into obscurity.

Yes, asking that members aren't treated like garbage when voicing concerns would obviously make you fade into obscurity. I'm all for NLBS. I think it's going well. I'm all for new content. I don't think new content will go well if on;y positive feedback is acknowledged.

grousers grousing just to be grousing grousers here.

I don't think everyone is grousing for grousing's sake. I'm sure it may seem like that at times though considering everything done here seems to get a fair amount of negative feedback. You could probably give every member $20 and someone would bitch if it was American currency. For the record I do think that NLBS is very well done and impressively put together and the host very likeable. I don't think it's fair to ignore people that take issue with poop jokes, I can see how some would find it crass and wish to relay that.

This was never aimed at ATS members, we made that clear. Perhaps we should have made it much more clear.

Yeah that wasn't all that clear to me. It sure seems like it is considering the pop ups, the fact that it gets posted here, the stuff on the sidebars and whatnot. Either way the OP and the rest aren't really complaining about the content, just that they find the ads immature.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

Um… you really are an ass.

William One Sac was the primary driving force behind that effort. He got cancer. He died. No one else had the expertise or time.

That's not very nice.

I clearly wasn't saying anything about that member, and am only even vaguely aware of them. I was saying that TinWiki and every other little adventure goes away and I worry that may be because members are ignored when they give feedback.

You've made it clear that isn't the problem so carry on.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Live has been running for nearly 5 years, Its not gone at all.

What you fail to understand is that people volunteer to do this kind of thing.

They don't get paid for it, and the constant bitching about stuff for trivial reasons just puts people off doing more things.

So sure, you get to criticise. Thats your perogative.

We also have the perogative to respond to it. If you don't like the response you get from the people involved, tough.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: ValentineWiggin
I gotta say when I logged in and saw the background of the site I was a little shocked. NLBS, exposing BS, one turd at a time?

Really?

That's what you guys are going with?

Way to keep up the image of the site, I have to say I am pretty disappointed. What an immature slogan to plaster all over what used to be a pretty grown up and professional looking website.

Boo.

Your dissapointment is irrelevant.
This site is a free service. You aren't paying to use these forums, you aren't paying for the sites upkeep..Web hosting etc.

So therefore whether you agree with or not, or like or dislike something is a mute point.

If you don't like it you can always stop visiting the site.

"BS" is a widely accepted and commonly used abbreviation.

You can always go start your own conspiracy site/forum where you can ban the use of BS...of course you'll have to pay to set it up and keep it running.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: neformore

We also have the perogative to respond to it. If you don't like the response you get from the people involved, tough.

Yeah that's true and fair.

I would imagine it does get tiring. I don't think every gripe is unfounded and be griped about just for the sake of griping. Sure there's a lot of that, but it seems every time I see something suggested it's rudely shot down.

I was clearly wrong about those programs, I thought they were started by ATS not members. I do realize people put a lot of time and effort into them, and I actually am grateful for that. That was rude of me and was said more out of frustration.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Have you heard about that new movie, Constipation?

It hasn't come out yet.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join